Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
No Christmas trees at Sea-Tac this year
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003961584_holidaydisplay19m.html

For those of you who may not remember, last year there was a huge controversy when a rabbi in Seattle demanded Sea-Tac airport put up menorahs along side their Xmas trees. Sea-Tac was threatened with a lawsuit if it didn't comply, and so it just took the Christmas trees down to avoid being sued by the rabbi. I believe eventually the trees went back up because the public was so upset, but this year to try to avoid the controversy they are avoiding any kind of holiday decorations and instead displaying some sort of generic "winter scene". While the display looks lovely from what I can tell, I have to admit that I'm afraid this is the first step down a slippery slope here in the US. Are my kids going to be able to enjoy the same sense of magic during the holidays that I always did, where everywhere you go there are beautifully decorated trees, springs of mistletoe hung in doorways, and Santa and his reindeer just around the corner, or is Christmas going to get completely obliterated from the public sphere in the name of "equality" and "being politically correct?" I'll be the first to admit: travelling during the holidays is hectic and stressful, and I look to the Christmas trees and lights on houses, etc for a little boost. How sad if we get to a point where these sorts of things are no longer allowed!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
No worries, Liz. I live in Seattle, and let me tell you, you can't walk anywhere without being hit over the head with Christmas decorations, lights, songs, etc. So I wouldn't worry that kids today won't get their share of Christmas fun. In fact, since it seems to start around late October nowadays (at least in stores), they get a lot more of it than when I was a kid!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, I can vouch for that. The Macy's star is up and the Christmas music is chirping. I can't really speak much to the political and religious controversy -- I'm what I call an apathetic atheist, and while I agree that the holiday decoration magic is something I love, I don't feel strongly about what sort of decorations go up, as long as there's something pretty and festive to enjoy.

I don't love hearing that something as simple as decoration is getting this politicized, but then again, I can see where the rabbi and other non-Christians might be upset by the décor being exclusively Christmas-oriented (never mind that decorating a tree is a pagan tradition and that Jesus was born sometime in March according to most religious historians...)

I'm just happy when Downtown Seattle gets lit up with nice pretty white, non-controversial, non-denominational lights on all the trees, hehe. We're putting up a tree for the first time in YEARS in our apartment, since this is our first winter as an official household together, and neither my boyfriend nor I are particularly religious, but it definitely does add some magic to the season. I hope travelers manage to find their magic wherever they can!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |