Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best AHA Product?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
natefan87
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone, im a religious user of the Alpha Hydrox brand, and i must say i LOVE their souffle - its a miracle. I've tried the LacSal serum from skinbiology, it was okay...but ive been eyeing the I Feel Pretty plus serum (i think its 10 percent lactic acid and 5 percent beta hydroxy acid)...i was just wondering if anyone has ever used it and if they liked it or not.

i definatley want a higher percentage, so anything below 10 percent isnt something im willing to try.

thanks! Smile
natefan87
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
anyone?
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I love Alpha Hydrox Souffle as well. I've also used the Jan Marini Bioclear lotion which is a mix of AHA and BHA. I'm not sure of the percentages but it's pretty strong. I like it as well. I still think the Souffle is my favorite though.

I don't think we're allowed to discuss home-based business' products (such as the IFP line) on this board anymore but there are probably some old threads on the product you were asking about if you do a search.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
my favorite AHA product is MaMa Lotion. It's a mixture of 10% Mandelic and 10% Malic acid for a total of 20%. Mandelic and Malic are supposed to be more gentle on the skin than other AHAs, but don't be fooled--this stuff has a very low pH and so it's VERY potent. Many people find it too strong to start off with on its own and have to buffer it with moisturizer until their skin can adjust to it. I love it though. You can order some samples to try it out before ordering a full size.
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
I use a pretty high % AHA/BHA liquid and like it a lot, but I worked up to it. I think my face would have peeled like crazy if I hadn't. The pH of your soufflé may be much higher than that of a liquid, so you may want to consider using a lower % for at least a couple weeks.

But if you like the soufflé and are looking for something stronger, I'd imagine you'd like a liquid a lot.
Dora
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite is NeoStrata Lotion plus.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:12 am      Reply with quote
natefan, my favorite BHA/AHA solution is from a home based company, the same one mamawalnut mentioned. It's been a godsend for exfoliating pores both from within and without. Has a low PH so it works better and best of all, no downtime from peeling. Feel free to PM me for more details.

Athena

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:05 am      Reply with quote
natefan - My favorite BHA/AHA is also from the same home based company that the others are referring to. Feel free to Pm for more information.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:20 am      Reply with quote
I still love Alpha Hydroxy AHA Souffle 12% and won't change my mind Wink
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I like Alpha Hydrox and NeoStrata Wink
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Ladies you are right on the money with Alpha Hydrox and Neostrata. They are the original launchers of glycolics and you can never go wrong with using them to make a difference in your skin texture. Using anything higher than an 8-10% and you risk excessive redness and irritation...really not a good look. As for at home peels stay away from those. You want to go with a reputable company. if Alpha Hydrox is working well for you, why change it?
fab50
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
natefan87,

I just ordered samples from the home based company you referred to. I'm expecting them to arrive on Monday and can't wait to try them out. I'm especially looking forward to the 5%/10% BHA/AHA combo you spoke of. I'll let you know how I like it. I also got samples of the pearl cream and pearl powder.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Just a question about percentages. Over time, won't your skin get used to a certain level and require a stronger dose to get the same effect; like medications on the body? I expect this would apply to any ingredient, not just AHA? Question
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
ch3r wrote:
my favorite AHA product is MaMa Lotion. It's a mixture of 10% Mandelic and 10% Malic acid for a total of 20%. Mandelic and Malic are supposed to be more gentle on the skin than other AHAs, but don't be fooled--this stuff has a very low pH and so it's VERY potent. Many people find it too strong to start off with on its own and have to buffer it with moisturizer until their skin can adjust to it. I love it though. You can order some samples to try it out before ordering a full size.

I have to second MaMa Lotion lotion. I've been using it for over a month and love it! I use it every other night followed by my night moisturizer and it's cut down on peeling in the AM quite a bit Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Do any of you use MaMa Lotion in conjunction with Retin-A? Maybe alternating between the two every other night? I've never used MaMa but I hear good things about it, but I doubt I'll ever give up my Retin-A.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:38 am      Reply with quote
fab50 wrote:
Do any of you use MaMa Lotion in conjunction with Retin-A? Maybe alternating between the two every other night? I've never used MaMa but I hear good things about it, but I doubt I'll ever give up my Retin-A.

I haven't used Retin-A in years, but I know that you should not use them on the same night.

On I side note, I've also been instructed that if I do use a moisturizer over the MaMa Lotion, I should wait 20-30 minutes for the AHA to work and then apply a moisturizer (one person mentioned it should be "active free").

Honestly I'm not sure a) what the pH of my cleanser is and b) if my moisturizer is active free (I suppose a simple ingredient check would be sufficient). But I know I LOVE MaMa Lotion. I was very surprised as I took a chance from MUA reviews when I first bought it. And since a little goes a long way and you use it every other night, the bottle lasts forever!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
where do you purchase the ma ma lotion
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
I couldn't find Alpha Hydrox in Canada so I bought a Candian brand from Shoppers Drug Mart--it's calledQuantum Hydrox Protecta--with 10% glycolic acid and 5% lactic. so far I really like it and it is not as irritating as Obagi Exfoderm.
fab50
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
tthagen1 wrote:
where do you purchase the ma ma lotion

I just ordered samples today for 8.95 from skincarerx.com - free shipping.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:40 am      Reply with quote
Alpha hydrox certainly.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |