Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Gifts that give back
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
My Christmas shopping list is a mile long this season, so I'm trying to buy as many "gifts that give back" as possible this year. I thought I'd list some of the sites I've been using here--- please list the ones you are using too!

1)www.katescaringgifts.com
Cut and paste this link into your browser (just clicking on it doesn't work for some reason...):
http://www.katescaringgifts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=KCG&Affiliate=sundae
And Winging Cat Rescue will receive 10% of the money from your purchase. You can also select another charity at checkout to receive an extra 2% donation. (I picked WWF.) Don't forget to use the code EDS for a 20% discount for yourself, and also don't forget to take advantage of Kate's eco-friendly gift-packaging. This site sells lots of nice organic teas, chocolates, and even gift sets for men with after shave, etc.

2) WWF Symbolic Adoptions
https://secure.worldwildlife.org/ogc/

For the person who has everything, why not "adopt" an adorable red panda or sea otter in their name? The plush toys that come with these gifts are high-quality and very cute, and the picture and adoption certificate can be framed to make a very nice present for anyone on your list.

3)www.mytwofrontteeth.org

This is the ultimate gift that gives back--- there is a list of kids in need along with the toy (under $25) that they have asked for for Xmas. All you have to do is choose which child you want to buy the present for, and this organization wraps it and ships it for you.

4) http://www.saveabunny.com/

This is a really awesome rabbit rescue group out in CA. One of their newest bunnies is missing both ears because he was set on fire by some heartless person!!! Mad Seeing his picture might make you cry, but the good news is that this group has both a regular store and a cafe press store with really adorable gifts made from custom bunny artwork that is theirs exclusively, and the proceeds will be going straight to rescuing more abused and homeless bunnies.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:54 am      Reply with quote
These are great ideas, especially for the "person who has everything." I came across the WWF adoption idea the other day and am thinking about doing it for my sister. She is such an animal lover, so I think she would really appreciate it.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
SnowWhite wrote:
These are great ideas, especially for the "person who has everything." I came across the WWF adoption idea the other day and am thinking about doing it for my sister. She is such an animal lover, so I think she would really appreciate it.

Thank you, Snow White! It was hard to decide between all the cute animals, but my siblings and I eventually decided to go in on a sea otter for my Dad for Xmas. The plush otter the WWF sent is just so darn precious!!!

I have another site too: the ASPCA's holiday gift shop.
http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=shop_holiday

They have lots of really cute gifts for pet lovers. I was browsing through it today and I was so moved by this beautiful painting that I actually started to cry:
https://secure2.convio.net/aspca/site/Ecommerce/1212026658?VIEW_PRODUCT=true&product_id=9201&store_id=4681

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Oxfam is also excellent. It can even be quite fun - I sent a friend a donation for poo (manure) and a piglet! The cards are cute and the gift is for a worthy cause.
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the links .......very helpful....when deciding what i want to spend my money on..........
persephone
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
peppy wrote:
Oxfam is also excellent. It can even be quite fun - I sent a friend a donation for poo (manure) and a piglet! The cards are cute and the gift is for a worthy cause.

Thanks for the Oxfam tip, peppy! I just ordered a goat and a camel for my parents...the people who have everything!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I figure everyone is just about done with their holiday shopping, but just in case you aren't I found another great link. This store donates pet food to shelters for every purchase made:

https://shop.theanimalrescuesite.com/store/site.do;jsessionid=5CA6AA593EAB1BC1D5755729CDBF842F.prod-b?siteId=310

If you donate $1 to animal rescue, your whole order will ship free which I think is a nice touch.
https://shop.theanimalrescuesite.com/store/item.do?itemId=32249&siteId=310&sourceId=275&sourceClass=Category&index=1

They also have a whole section of "gifts that give more", for example buying books for children in Nepal, etc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
Yet another good one! This time it's Bears Without Borders, a charity that sends stuffed bears to children in need. I think this is such a lovely idea.

http://www.bearswithoutborders.org/about

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |