Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Bare Escentuals
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Miss

Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:37 am      Reply with quote
I read loads of raves about BE foundation, and I'v been persuaded to try it. Which shade of BE foundation would you recommend for my fair/medium tone Indian skin colouring.
thanks in advance.
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:22 am      Reply with quote
I'm tanned and use the medium beige 3, my mum is slightly tanned and uses 2.3 medium beige, maybe if you are indian you need the medium tan 4.53 or medium tan 5.2??

Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Gucci, for your reply. A friend also recommended I try the medium tan too.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
where do you uk ladies get yours from? I saw a girl on ebay selling BE stuff and it was a more expensive starting price than EDS! And didn't seem much better than QVC either Confused Do you get yours shipped over from Canada or what?
Liz xxxx

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Liz

I got my starter kit with video, which of course I've never watched! Rolling Eyes

In it was Foundation medium beige, warmth and mineral veil, it was $52 from EDS.

I got a warmth and mineral veil off ebay for £10. I've just got the blue/blacl liner shadow and liner brush off Ebay for £4.99. Oh I also got mum some foundation for £4.99 all off ebay.

I think EDS is the cheapest place, some of the prices of BE on ebay are mad!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Have you sampled it yet? I tried it at Ulta and Sephora and both times I did not like how it sat on my face within one hour. Right away, it looked all smooth and nice but within an hour it looked a bit orangey and...I don't know how to say it...cakey, maybe? I guess I'll stick with sheer liquids.
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:45 am      Reply with quote
Yeah I've been using it for about 5 weeks now. I only put a tiny amount of the foundation on my brush, if I put to much on it does look cakey around my eyes. I've got the 2.3 medium beige and also the 3 medium beige and find I can wear both of these colours.

I normally get a tiny amount, swirl the brush in the lid then tap off the excess, then just use swirling movements around the face. I then do the same with a touch of warmth, then again the same with mineral Veil. I find it lasts all day.

It looks smooth and my face looks flawless but not orange. So many people have commented on it at work, it made me wonder what the hell I looked like before!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:36 am      Reply with quote
Think think that BE may have just made it onto my wish list....I am so gullible Brick wall

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:13 am      Reply with quote
I will never ever change from this make up, I think its amazing...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I'm also hooked! I'm slightly tanned, and bought the starter kit with 2.3 Medium Beige. I might, however, try another colour next time, since I look really washed out unless I'm wearing the warmth in addition (which is trickier to apply evenly).

But what colour should I get? As I said, I'm slightly tanned (fake tan, that is), dark hair, blue/green dark eyes. The yellowish undertone (?) of the 2.3 suits me fine, but it's a tad too light.
Tracy
5% products discount

Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered mine from http://www.Baresense.com

If you get cakiness around the eyes, blend with your fingers or a dry sponge. I sometimess get it too when I apply too much, but once I blend it well, it looks fine. You can also apply with your finger to problem areas for heavier coverage. I use the 2.3 medium and finish with mineral veil and have been using them for about 2 months and absolutely love both of them. I think the coverage is flawless and feels like I'm not wearing any makeup at all.
lilimama4

Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
i had heard lots on this mineral makeup and have asked for it for my bday...i cant wait to try it...i hope it works great, im just curious as to how it covers...is it sheer, or will it cover problem skin?
Mabsy

Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
lilimama4 - I think you'll find that mineral powder foundation is very buildable. So you can get a sheer application of it but you can also layer it to get more coverage without it looking all cakey.
Holly
5% products discount

Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Confused Silly me but I have just been informed of the "wonders" of BE....I've been using MAC for years but find it tends to make me break out a bit so I want to try something new. Does anyone know where in Canada I can find it? OOr can I only get it online? We don't have Sephora or anything like that. I'm blonde and tan (to much LOL) so if I have to order it online how do I know what color to choose? I'm a yellow-ish undertone. Thanks in advance for the help. Very Happy
Mabsy

Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:26 am      Reply with quote
Where in Canada are you Holly? EDS obviously carries this but I don't know if they have it in their salon also. I think they do have the Jane Iredale but I'm not 100% sure about the BE. EDS is in Vancouver though.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:39 am      Reply with quote
The expert mineral ladies on the Delphi forums are amazing with their knowledge of mineral makeup. I've never seen anything like it. I know that BE has their own forum page and if you ask the question as to which foundation you should try, you'll probably get a million helpful answers.

I personally like Jane Iredale - as it's just the teensiest bit less shiny than BE and the color match is right on the money for my fair, full-blooded (yellow undertoned) Italian skin.

There are loads of mineral lines out there, but BE tends to be the mother of them all.

If you like more of a matte finish there's lines like Monave, Geografx, Cory, the list goes on and on!!!!!

Some faces can not tolerate the ingredient called "Bismouth Oxychroride". This can cause rashes and itchies in some people, and yes BE does have Bismouth in their powder foundations -- however, not everyone is effected by it. (The other foundations above do not contain Bismouth)

Again, just as a recommendation, hit the delphi board and you'll be on the right track!!!!!

Good luck!! Maria Very Happy

5% products discount

Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Where in Canada are you Holly? EDS obviously carries this but I don't know if they have it in their salon also. I think they do have the Jane Iredale but I'm not 100% sure about the BE. EDS is in Vancouver though.

I'm in Ottawa, Ontario. I have no idea what EDS is I don't think we have that here.... This is all so new to me LOL. Thanks for the reply[/quote]
Holly
5% products discount

Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
The expert mineral ladies on the Delphi forums are amazing with their knowledge of mineral makeup. I've never seen anything like it. I know that BE has their own forum page and if you ask the question as to which foundation you should try, you'll probably get a million helpful answers.

I personally like Jane Iredale - as it's just the teensiest bit less shiny than BE and the color match is right on the money for my fair, full-blooded (yellow undertoned) Italian skin.

There are loads of mineral lines out there, but BE tends to be the mother of them all.

If you like more of a matte finish there's lines like Monave, Geografx, Cory, the list goes on and on!!!!!

Some faces can not tolerate the ingredient called "Bismouth Oxychroride". This can cause rashes and itchies in some people, and yes BE does have Bismouth in their powder foundations -- however, not everyone is effected by it. (The other foundations above do not contain Bismouth)

Again, just as a recommendation, hit the delphi board and you'll be on the right track!!!!!

Good luck!! Maria Very Happy
Wow this is very confusing. All these lines, I don't think I know of anywhere that sells this here in Canada. At least no there in Ottawa. Would the forum you are talking about be the Bare essentuals addicts forum? I was on there the other day but can't post for 70 hours if your a new member....really weird.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Yup. I think you're right. I think that's the forum on the Delphi site - The BE Addicts Forum".

You can't post there for 72 hours????? Ummmm.....what's up with that? Are they getting a little elite-ish over there?

When I first signed up on the boards, I just would ask questions on the general forum not on any specific line's forum (if they had one.)

There is a site called littlestuff4u.com and they sell samples of BE at very reasonable prices. Sandra on that website is waaayyyy helpful. She also has her own line out, that I've yet to try but according to her message board, people are liking. She used to carry Jane, but discontinued it as of the end of this month. I don't know if it's because Jane is rather pricey. (but it lasts forever!).

Good luck!

Maria

5% products discount

Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
Yup. I think you're right. I think that's the forum on the Delphi site - The BE Addicts Forum".

You can't post there for 72 hours????? Ummmm.....what's up with that? Are they getting a little elite-ish over there?

When I first signed up on the boards, I just would ask questions on the general forum not on any specific line's forum (if they had one.)

There is a site called littlestuff4u.com and they sell samples of BE at very reasonable prices. Sandra on that website is waaayyyy helpful. She also has her own line out, that I've yet to try but according to her message board, people are liking. She used to carry Jane, but discontinued it as of the end of this month. I don't know if it's because Jane is rather pricey. (but it lasts forever!).

Good luck!

Maria

Thanks soooo much, I will try that. Yah I tried to post again today but it had a banner / pop up come on saying I still have 56 hours left before I am aloud to post! Sad Confused Soooo weird! I've never encountered anything like that before. Idea Going to try the other site to though. Thanks again
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Does BE have sunscreen? I talked to a Jane Iredale rep Saturday and JI has 20spf. The rep said that it was not necessary to wear sunscreen in addition to what is in Jane Iredale.

I've used both BE and Jane Iredale and I seem to find that Jane Iredale doesn't settle in the lines as much as BE. Neither of them settle into lines nearly as much as conventional foundation and both give me a much fresher appearance.

I agree with the person who said that they felt that there was less shine with Jane.

Any info on spf in BE would be appreciated.

Oh, also, I bought the D2O Hydration spray mist that you spray on after applying the Jane, and you can spray it on throughout the day to freshen. Haven't used it enough to really know how that's working yet. It has ingredients like Ylang-Ylang, chamomile, olive leaf extract, grapeseed extract, etc. It feels really great and refreshing.

With BE, I always loved the way the Mineral Veil made the skin look, as the final step.

The rep also told me that the loose powder shades tend to be a bit darker than the same shade in the pressed base. Pressed base was what I had been using and what I felt gave me less "settling" than the BE. The rep said that the loose powder in Jane would give even less settling than the pressed base.

Will give an update in a few days. I don't even wear makeup every day; just when I'm going out and will be seeing someone.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
I think most of the mineral makeups have natual sunscreen in it - BE included.

The thing I 've found about BE is that you either love, love, love it or hate it. Have yet to find an in-betweener.

I do know that their eyeshadows are lovely and are often compared to MAC's pigments. My problem with loose pigments is that I make a mess and I don't have time to deal with it, so I'll stick to my MAC eyeshadows. However, many of these mineral lines have gawgous blushes. Soooo pretty and different. One company called Cory has some of the prettiest colors I've tried. Again, all these lines are on the Delphi forum. Be warned: it can be very overwhelming!!! So much info!!!! Brain cramp!!!

I definitely prefer the Jane of BE and quite frankly over all the others I've tried to date. There's something so nice about how my skin feels, and you're right Judy, I don't feel like the loose Jane seeps into the lines. I'm like you and don't like to wear a lot of foundation. Jane just makes my skin look and feel so soft and natural.

Great lines to try if you don't like the dewy look/feel - Cory, Geografx, Monave, Botany, Aromaleigh - there's just so many out there.
These don't contain the bismouth that Jane and BE do. Bismouth has been known to make some people itch, but I think it's also what gives the glow effect.

Have fun experimenting! Maria

Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
thanx for the info mabsy...i cant wait to try it...i will be getting some for my bday on the 17th, im constantly buggin my husband to buy it for me so i will let everyone know how it works....wish me luck....thanx again...
Mabsy

Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:07 am      Reply with quote
Holly - sorry, EDS is this site. Essential Day Spa. But they are based in Vancouver.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Just got my BE from ES. My daughter looks beautiful in it. I ordered her the 2.3, veil and highlighter (bronzer)?. She is thrilled with it. She doesn't looked madeup at all but has done a great job with her skintone. She used Jane Iredale when she was pregnant to cover her pregnancy mask. She thinks that BE feels a bit lighter. She is 35 and thrilled with BE. I knew the color to get her as she got a tester before hand. Would highly recommend trying shades before purchasing.

Thank you ES!!

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |