Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help me please ..............
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Soki
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Well something is terrible wrong with my skin balance . And i cannot point a finger anywhere.
Recently i have develped tiny pimple like things around my forehead and sides. Its not blackheads or whiteheads .. infact its got no head at all so very difficult to squeeze out. So it just sits there, and i land up scarring my face in an effort to squeeze them out.

What can this monster be ?
Could it be trapped hair follicles ?
Is this caused by swimming caps?

Can anyone offer a solution?
Thanks and god bless.
Soki:(
frederica
5% products discount

Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Soki,
I totally understand how you feel because it happened to me before. First, DON'T SQUEEZE them because i did it before and end up scars for couple of MONTHS!!!!
I believed the cause is "hormonal disorder". It usually happened to me a week before my period, the hormone stimulate the "pimple-like" (no heads inside) things on my face. Finally, i could't tolerate it (because too many scars on my face) and go to see a dermatologist. That's she told me about "hormonal disorder". As a result, i had to take a pill daily for a month which help me to control the Disorder.
You might hear that "contraceptive pill" could help the situation, which is truth but my dermatologist doesn't recommand that. She explained that unless it's a absolutely SERIOUS situation, she won't give contraceptive pill to patient since many side effects.
Anyway, i took a pill daily, washed my face will Aquanil (it's a cleanser, you can find it in drugstore), then apply gel (morning) and cream contains Tretinoin (sth. like Retin A which help me to get rid of my scar faster)(night) she gave me. After 2 months, my skin can still keeping even before the period , those pimples disappear !!!
You may worry that will the pimples come out again if stopped taking pills. And the answer is no

i got to go now, explain it later
frederica
5% products discount

Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:37 am      Reply with quote
The doctor said I took those pills based on one course. When I completed a course , that's means the medicine intake should be enough to control the disorder for a long time UNLESS ......you INTEND to stimulate it, for instance, greasy food like french fries, chips..... you may not aware that chocolate, mango and durian are also your enemies !!!! you should avoid these food.

Therefore, if I'm avoiding those food, I can keep my skin in a very good condition. But , I still have those pimple-like spots sometimes .....because i ate chocolate one or two days before , you know, i'm a big fan of choco., however, even there's breakouts, the situation is still better than before I took the medicine.

My advice is : ) GO TO SEE THE DOCTOR NOW !!! On the stage you are experiencing now, no matter what kind of problem acne skin care is just stopgap measure. I bought so many skincare products before , and finally realize that they all have short-term effect only , as your skin get used to the products , there's no effect anymore (that costs me a lot of money !!), the fundamental problem still there, so you have to take radical measure.
Smile
Soki
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:37 am      Reply with quote
Dear frederica,
Thank you so much for taking the time to explain ........ I had no idea it was 'hormonal' or anything like it. I was quite sure i was using the right products and have religiously been cleansing them too (Dermalogica), but it was all quite fustrating. But it sure feels good that at least 'someone understands' and i have not developed an alien skin disorder.
As a matter of fact, its not so bad but it looks sick as my face is usually quite clear. And now 'ruin and damination'. But i will try see a dermatologist and ....
Thanks and hugs
Soki
Caspers Mum

Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:18 am      Reply with quote
You need to exfoliate, m'dear! Though hormonal fluctuations can cause acne, please consider that congestion is probably occuring in those areas. When dead skin cells accumulate, this can trap oil, dirt, sweat, make-up and ... hair products!!!! (some things that you may not have considered) And having mentioned that you're wearing a bathing/swimming-cap is could possibly be adding to this.

Hope is not lost, and do continue to protect your hair from Chlorine with your cap. What I suggest that you implement a daily exfoliant into your cleansing regeime. A few products to consider: MD Formulations Glycolic Cleanser, Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Cleanser, or DDF Glycolic Exfoliating Wash. Or you could use Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant after your own cleanser! I am positive that with use of these products, you will see results.

As for the mention of using a birth control Pill to treat acne: know that many women DO choose to use the Pill for this reason. There are a couple on the market that are particularly effective for treatment of acne vulgaris, but in theory, any Pill has the possibility of improving one's skin. This is because it is regulating monthly hormonal fluctuations. However, know that everyones' body-chemistry is different, and a certain Pill that may contain, say, Noretindrone as it's progestin may work for some, while may aggrivate acne in some. Different hormone levels and types in Pills, and what someone may love, others may have some minor side effects that they do not like. Everyones' different, and when someone finds a Pill that works with their chemistry, everything's smooth-sailing!
Soki
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Thanks !!!!
and somehow i got the impression that i was cleansing too much ............. anyway i shall give this a try before i move on to the pills...
And i'm immediately placing an order for those products recommended although i do have the micro foliant from dermalogica.
thanks !!!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |