Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Obagi C
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mng5

Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Great forum! I bought the Obagi C Rx starter kit from EDS and have been using it for 4days and experiencing some bad side effects. Some redness and flaking was expected but my face is hot and feels inflammed with weals, stinging and itchiness. I thought this system is supposed to be less irritating than than Nuderm! An on-line aesthician said C Rx patients should not have such a strong reaction. Have I just wasted hundreds of dollars? Crying or Very sad
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have just started the Nuderm system and have the 10% vit C once a day but they said start out slow maybe everyother so with your system maybe cut back on some of the steps until you build up also they have a cream called Active that calms the burning etc down i was given a sample to try. My face hurts tonight also
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
sorry to hear that, you might stop a few days and let the skin calm down. Then, try it again with a thin-layer application...

you might have to consult dermatologist if the situation is worse.

For myself, I used the whole system of Obagi C and got no side effect. But before I used Obagi C, I used Nuderm for a few months and was a bit red and dry in the first 2 weeks.
Overall, I am much satisfied with the improvements I had.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:18 am      Reply with quote
It maybe you use it too much. Try increase using gradually to help your skin adjust to accept it.
mng5

Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:56 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your responses. I maybe started off too quickly using all 5 of the C Rx products.It feels like a chemical burn or really bad sunburn with inflammation. The stinging has finally died down a little and I'm using Cetaphil until I heal. I really hope I can start up more slowly and get some results eventually. Thanks! Smile Good luck on your journeys to better skin!
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
mng5:

the 1st C serum I tried was Obagi about a yr ago. Obagi had a good rep so thot I couldn't go wrong. After about 1 wk of use, noticed skin getting dry, itchy, scaley - general UGH factor. The dry bit totally confused me as my tolerant skin has ranged from uber oily to oily, with eensy patches of normal.

In the long run, ditched the C when my skin kept screaming at me that it really disliked this stuff I was forcing on it. Did a thorough search on every ingredient in it & found sodium lauryl sulfate (has lots of cousins that cause the same reaction) was the problem. Seems it's a common reaction to this ingredient which is pretty harsh. Had no idea my skin hated this stuff until that experience.

It might be the source of your difficulties.

HTH
mng5

Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:40 am      Reply with quote
Well, I stopped using Obagi C since Weds, 4 days ago. My skin is feeling less raw and inflammed but still bumpy and peeling in some spots. I think I'll wait a couple of more days and slowly introduce the system again. If I get the same reaction, then Obagi is not for me. Crying or Very sad

I'm 48y.o. Asian with dry skin, freckles and brown spots(solar lentigo).

On the other hand, I found a really nice Shishedo foundation that hides my freckles a little more so maybe that's what I'll have to live with!
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,I have been using Obagi Rx C system over 1 and half. but I didn't have this kind of experience. My face didn't react anything and no flacky at all. No improvements and no side effects...What is wrong with my face?? I have the same problem with freckles. If Obagi Rx C didn't work with my face, New Derm system might not work on my face either??? Can somebody answer my Q? ( Now I gave up on Rx C system and trying to buy Nu Derm system line though)...... Question
mng5

Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
I finally figured out it's the night therapy cream that causes my bad reaction. I've been doing the morning routine with the cleanser, serum, day lotion, sunscreen and beside some minor flaking, things are looking good. Twice, I've tried to introduce the night lotion and the next day my face feels hot with bumps and irritation. It then takes several days before my skin heals and I can resume the day regimen. So not one to waste product, I'm using the night cream on my spotty hands and those brown spots are definitely fading! Very Happy
I'm willing to keep using C-Rx and hope for slow but steady results because I'm too chicken to try NuDerm.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
Have you ever use vitamin c serum before? It may be occur from your skin adaptation. It is normal effect.
vvpmelon
5% products discount

Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
I felt that 10%Vc serum was too oily for me. I really want to like it though.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |