Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
ReVive
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Hello to all of you old timers and happy holidays to all. For everyone who knows I am (or was) a dye hard cellcosmet user you are not going to believe this post. Periodically I bought different brands just in case something came out that worked as well or better for my skin requirements (not to mention price). After buying a pump bottle of ultra vital to the tune of 200.00 my skin didn't feel as satisfied, in fact felt tight. I was using IS Clinical as I had been but wasn't happy with the results. I read about Revive but choked when I saw the prices. I felt pulled to try the line so I purchased samples off of eBay. I could not believe how much I liked the line almost immediately. The eye renewal cream is a product that we can use on the lid as well as under the eye and I apply my cellcosmet eye crème on top of the ReVive, which works, well for my skin for the winter. I then apply sparingly their vit c which isn't like any other vit c it is a grayish gel type product that reminded me initially of the dermalogica barrier. After that is a serum that is good for my skin but I don't think oily skin would need or use it but it absorbs fast and combined with the moisturizer my blush looks beautiful. I don't wear foundations or powders but I do use powder blush. Their eye crème is suppose to help with dark circles but I haven't been on the line long enough to see any difference and I also don't have much of an issue with them. I don't think this line is for young skin, perhaps 40 and up. I will continue this line and only wish EDS would carry it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Barbara ~ I am happy that you have found a product that works well for you. And hello!

I switched to ReVive in late October. I had posted a message on this board about my rosacea and skin care; but, after I posted the message, I realized that I was not totally happy with my skin. I had been toying for some time with the idea of trying ReVive but was scared to take the leap because of my rosacea.
I read the reviews on Makeup Alley and decided that at 51 years old, I was definitely the right age for ReVive.
I purchased About Face, the book by Br. Gregory Bays Brown on skin care, and I took the plunge - I tried the Cleanser Gentil Gelee, Dr. Brown recommends a dime-sized amount, which really is plenty!
I also have been using in the AM the Sensitif Cellular Repair Cream (I do not think the SPF 15 is the best type).
At night, I use the Intensite Crème Lustre. I love the Volumizing Serum, but, it is very expensive, so I alternate sometimes in the PM; the nights I don’t use the Volumizing Serum, I use Avage (on my nose only) and Aldara (on sun-damaged areas). Both Avage and Aldara are prescriptions.
On my neck, I use the Fermitif Neck Renewal Cream.
I follow Dr. Brown’s advice abut hand care ~ in the AM, I use the Sensitif that I use on my face on the back of my hands. At night, I use the body cream on my hands, as it contains MPI to help diminish the appearance of veins.
I, also, had to come to the realization that my skin was not going to look as nice as it did in my early forties, when all I needed was La Mer Crème and I had great skin most of the time. Unfortunately, La Mer stopped working for me; then my quest for skin care products that worked for me began!
I hope ReVive will get me through my fifties, I take comfort in the fact that Dr. Brown’s mother uses ReVive products and the fact that Dr. Brown has had to overcome some personal obstacles, which increases my respect for him as a person and this (for me) transfers to his products.
ReVive seems to work, does really give a glow, and does not make my rosacea worse.
All in all, I am happy with the products.
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Does ReVive firm and lift at all? Given that it sounds like its for mature skins?
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
You can order samples through the Revive website. I haven't received mine yet, and I imagine they are tiny, but still...It's nice to try first. Will post after I receive mine (I think they let you order 2 samples).
Charmed1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
The Volumizing Serum is supposed to firm; I have not used it long enough to see this result.
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review, but what is MPI?
Charmed1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Metalloproteinase Inhibitor ~

"Naturally occurring enzymes that inhibit the loss of the skin's own collagen and elastin, in essence slowing down the natural aging process. Broken capillaries, fine lines, sun damage, rosacea, and sagging are significantly diminished."
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use Re Vive also in my early thirties and was very pleased with it. I stopped using it because of the difficulty of buying good quality Re Vive from eBay and the difficulties of having this line shipped to me from the States.

I also have Dr. Brown's book and it is a wonderful book to read. In his book, he really focused on his studies and positive results that he got from his patients and his mother. I've also seen photos of Dr. Brown and his skin is beautiful!
I wish I could get my hands on his stronger dosage of EGF, because I'm sure that is what he used on himself and his mother.

Later, I discovered EDS and read your post, Barbara.
I am shocked to read that after using Cellcosmet, that you discovered that it did not soften and moisturize your skin, after reading some very positive posts you have made in the past.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
I use a lot of revive products and love their products.I am 54, have had surgery and revive has helped to give my skin a glow that surgery cant. I totally believe in these products it really does help to make you look younger,but if you have a lot of sag only surgery will help.
samkaj
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
It's good to hear from you, Barbara. I've always read your posts with interest. I too have been a cellcosmet user for the last few years, with the occasional straying we all can't seem to avoid. I have recently been looking at the Valmont as well as the Revive line to try.

I know at one point you had invested in a Sisley moisturizer. I wonder if you have ever tried Valmont? If not, would you mind my asking why not? The reason I ask is, based on your descriptions, our skin types are fairly similar and I would be very interested in your experience with Valmont.

Many thanks.
Windyemmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. I'm hoping to see more reviews on ReVive.
Mike
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:16 am      Reply with quote
I want to try Revive products too. But their product range is too narrow. I prefer using only one skin care line at the same time. If they can broaden their product (at least add a moisture mask), I will definitely try them.
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:37 am      Reply with quote
I hope the Revive website ships the samples internationally as well. I heard some raves of women who use revive, and I definately loved their skin, so I ordered some samples on ebay.

Edited: unfortunately, they do not ship samples to Europe.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:22 am      Reply with quote
londonfan you mean you actually saw these women as well? IM just thinking re the comment about loving their skin.....do have the link for the website or something so i can see the evidence for my self Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
simran wrote:
londonfan you mean you actually saw these women as well? IM just thinking re the comment about loving their skin.....do have the link for the website or something so i can see the evidence for my self Very Happy

Ehm, I saw the results on a friend of mine. It would be difficult to send you a picture of her, sorry about that.
gillian
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Barbara Portno wrote:
Hello to all of you old timers and happy holidays to all. For everyone who knows I am (or was) a dye hard cellcosmet user you are not going to believe this post. Periodically I bought different brands just in case something came out that worked as well or better for my skin requirements (not to mention price). After buying a pump bottle of ultra vital to the tune of 200.00 my skin didn't feel as satisfied, in fact felt tight. I was using IS Clinical as I had been but wasn't happy with the results. I read about Revive but choked when I saw the prices. I felt pulled to try the line so I purchased samples off of eBay. I could not believe how much I liked the line almost immediately. The eye renewal cream is a product that we can use on the lid as well as under the eye and I apply my cellcosmet eye crème on top of the ReVive, which works, well for my skin for the winter. I then apply sparingly their vit c which isn't like any other vit c it is a grayish gel type product that reminded me initially of the dermalogica barrier. After that is a serum that is good for my skin but I don't think oily skin would need or use it but it absorbs fast and combined with the moisturizer my blush looks beautiful. I don't wear foundations or powders but I do use powder blush. Their eye crème is suppose to help with dark circles but I haven't been on the line long enough to see any difference and I also don't have much of an issue with them. I don't think this line is for young skin, perhaps 40 and up. I will continue this line and only wish EDS would carry it.

Hi Barbara

Are you still using revive? If so can you share your experience with us. I have also read about this line but was not sure whether to try it or not.

Gillian
gillian
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
londonfan wrote:
I hope the Revive website ships the samples internationally as well. I heard some raves of women who use revive, and I definately loved their skin, so I ordered some samples on ebay.

You can get samples of Revive from Space Nk in England. I have'nt tried it but my friend requested samples last week and they are posting them to her.

Hope this helps

Gillian
gellys
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:53 am      Reply with quote
I think Revive has wonderful products. I used to work in a Personal Care R&D lab, and had the pleasure of personally meeting Dr. Brown. He is an absolutely splendid person, full of life, and has wonderful skin in person. I am not promoting Revive or anything like that. Just believe in the products and the Doc behind the products. I believe it's the quality of the EGF that makes the difference in the products. Just my opinion once again.
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:01 am      Reply with quote
I am using Revive Eye Renewal Cream, it is good for me. My line disappear, but the dark circle still there. The texture is not greasy which can be used as base before applying concealer.
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:57 am      Reply with quote
gillian wrote:
londonfan wrote:

You can get samples of Revive from Space Nk in England. I have'nt tried it but my friend requested samples last week and they are posting them to her.

Hope this helps

Gillian

Aww thanks, that is brilliant Very Happy
oncloudten
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the Eye Renewal Cream and Neck Renewal Cream(which I also use on my hands) for the past month.

And all I can say is WOW! I'm impressed!
I've used a little bit of everything...in every price range and this stuff is worth the $$

I'm off to order the Moisture Renewal and one of the cleansers!

V
gellys
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="oncloudten"]I have been using the Eye Renewal Cream and Neck Renewal Cream(which I also use on my hands) for the past month.

And all I can say is WOW! I'm impressed!
I've used a little bit of everything...in every price range and this stuff is worth the $$

I'm off to order the Moisture Renewal and one of the cleansers!

V[/quote]

Oncloudten~
I am truly thrilled that ReVive products work for you! I really am...don't get me wrong about saying that the money factor doesn't necesarily mean the product is good or not. It's just that sometimes even the cheaper products are just as good. The one product, I do really like is the Moisture Renewal Cream...I know that my grandmother uses it and says it's just like her LaMer cream, but smells so much better. She can't get over the smell of the moisture renewal cream, she literally sniffs the bottle Smile
nyasu
5% products discount

Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:49 am      Reply with quote
How to get the sample? The product so expensive!
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:21 am      Reply with quote
It's very easy to get samples. Just go onto the ReVive website and you can order them. I'm from Canada and I just ordered a bunch of samples. Their customer service is excellent.
MBGirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:27 am      Reply with quote
Just so you all are aware, the Moisturizing Renewal Cream is a glycolic acid cream, albeit at the proper pH and in a good moisturizing base. But the AHA is the key ingredient, which may or may not be worth the hefty price tag.
The other ReVive products contain the growth factor actives. The ReVive website lists ingredients for each product.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |