Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Best cleanser and toner to restore ACID MANTLE to skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I would like to repair and maintain my skin's acid mantle, after learning all about it here on EDS!

What is the best cleanser and toner for this? Preferably natural ingredients.

I'm currently using Skinbio's gentle cleanse bar, and a home-made toner with water and ACV, but i'd like to find the optimum products designed with the exact correct pH, and any other ingredients to help the process along.

I like a cleanser with at least some slip in it so I can use my Clarisonic with it.

Any help much appreciated! Smile
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
The world is your oyster! Any gentle cleanser will do, nothing with glycolics or ahas. That goes for your toner as well, nothing with alcohol or witch hazel. Cetyl alcohol is fine cuz its an emollient and thats good for skin.
Jolin
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:47 am      Reply with quote
I suggest you try Dr.Hauschka Cleansing Cream or Cleansing Milk. As they always stress the importance of cleansing without disturbing the skin's acid mantle.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
I bought Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser and Alcohol Free Toner, only to be told by my daughter that Neutrogena has one of the highest Ph.
They don't list the Ph content on cleansers, so how do we know which one has a low Ph?
With all the products claiming to be miraculous it has become very confusing....
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
although it is expensive, I've found Obagi gel cleanser and toner to be the best duo I've ever used.

A little cheaper would be Avene which is very gentle.
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Chickenlittle,cute name.
I have tried many and for my skin type(mature,dry) NCN Skincare Professional Cell Renewal Cleanse II and followed with Cell Renewal Toner is the best.
Very clean and brightening. Not tight and dry.
No more experimenting for me.

Linda
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought Earth Science cleanser from Whole Foods for my kids b/c it has a pH of 5.5. They have a toner as well with clean and natural ingredients. I'm currently using IFP Gentle cleanser with my Clarisonic, but I didn't think my 10 yr old son would use something with that name Laughing

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |