Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Anastasia eyebrow kit in brunette-- colour question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:59 am      Reply with quote
I'm thinking of getting Anastasia's 5 piece eyebrow kit in Brunette (still doing a bit of research on it as it's so expensive!) but I'm unsure of the actual colour of the powder.

Does anyone know where I can see a photo of someone who's actually using the Brunette shades, maybe on someone's blog? I know ginnielizz posted a pic but she was using Blonde.

BTW, I'm Chinese so I have black hair, black-brown eyes and black eyebrows...so would the Brunette kit be too light for me? And are there any Chinese who's using Anastasia's eyebrow products?

Thanks very much! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I have this kit, I found it dark, I have meduim brown hair. I didn't really like this kit and I prefer eyebrow pencil. I just use this kit to shape my brows, it is perfect for just that.
havana8

Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
This might be one to consider, YeahYeah, just up on EDS. It comes with two brow powders in ash blonde and dark brunette...

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/too-faced-brow-envy-kit-p_8286.htm
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
If you want, I'll post a pic of me in brunette on one brow and blonde on the other, so you can see the difference. That'd be the first full-face pic of me on here, though, so it'd be kind of an embarrassing one! But hey, I'm still job-hunting so I have plenty of free time on my hands for random makeup projects like this -- just let me know. Smile

And for what it's worth, I do think the Brunette might work with your coloring -- it's hard to describe, but it's a fairly "gray" brown, unlike the Blonde which is sort of more golden/reddish as browns go. The Brunette seems almost like a dark grayish brown, which seems like it would be the best thing for black brows (I think?).

Hope this helps! And sorry if I made it even more difficult to decide! Confused

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hrm...my hair is sort of in between blonde and brunette. I'm not sure what to get!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:02 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
If you want, I'll post a pic of me in brunette on one brow and blonde on the other, so you can see the difference. That'd be the first full-face pic of me on here, though, so it'd be kind of an embarrassing one! But hey, I'm still job-hunting so I have plenty of free time on my hands for random makeup projects like this -- just let me know. Smile

And for what it's worth, I do think the Brunette might work with your coloring -- it's hard to describe, but it's a fairly "gray" brown, unlike the Blonde which is sort of more golden/reddish as browns go. The Brunette seems almost like a dark grayish brown, which seems like it would be the best thing for black brows (I think?).

Hope this helps! And sorry if I made it even more difficult to decide! Confused

ginnieliz - please post a photo! Smile I'd like to see how the 2 compare. I'm also Asian and it's hard for me to find a brow pencil/powder that doesn't look fake on me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:25 am      Reply with quote
Hee hee, cool, I'll try and do one on Wednesday -- tomorrow's a busy day for this girl. Hope you can make it that long before you reach for the credit card... myself, I always wind up soliciting feedback, and then making a purchase before I get replies, haha. Chronic habit of mine!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:32 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
Hee hee, cool, I'll try and do one on Wednesday -- tomorrow's a busy day for this girl. Hope you can make it that long before you reach for the credit card... myself, I always wind up soliciting feedback, and then making a purchase before I get replies, haha. Chronic habit of mine!

LOL Luckily, I'm a LOT more patient when it comes to makeup. With skincare products, it's a completely different story though. I guess with skincare, I think that maybe if I start using them just a little sooner, I'll have more chance at saving my skin. Rolling Eyes That's my logic, anyway. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I've been waiting and waiting for replies on this thread but everytime I checked my email inbox...no email notifications Confused . Must have unchecked the box for notifications Embarassed .

Hi ginnielizz! Cant wait for your pic on Wednesday! Because the kit is $65, I didnt want to buy it just to find out that the brunette shades are too light for me. Thanks so much!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi yeahyeah,

Have you considered calling a couple of Sephora stores to get their opinions? I wasn't sure which colors to get myself and my cousins so I waited to go into the store and what I was going to get was a bit off of what was recommended by the Sephora SA. For instance, I have med-dark blonde hair and I was going to go with the medium ash shade but I am glad I bought what the SA recommendeded (ash blonde) b/c it's a great match. Also, my cousin has brown hair and I thought I would get the brunette color for her but I bought the medium ash which was also recommended and it ended up being a great match for her.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi amnis

Thanks for your suggestion but I live in the UK, so there's no Sephora here Mad .

Did you buy the 5 piece kit too, or just the brow powder?

Thanks Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hey gals, sorry to keep you hanging, but I'm not gonna be able to post for real until tonight! (I have a bunch of stuff to run around and do today, and the logistics of downloading pics from my boyfriend's phone, uploading, etc. are too time-consuming right this sec, but I'll do them once I get back home).

For now, you'll all giggle to know that I have to go out and run errands with two different colored eyebrows, thanks to you lot, haha. Laughing I put some brunette powder on the one I'd done in blonde to try and even them out, but you can still kinda tell. Probably only I can tell, really, but we'll see! Tee hee. WAY worse than mismatched underwear and bra, haha.

ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:59 am      Reply with quote
Okay, here are my scary eyebrow pics! Better late than never, I hope. I really couldn't get the difference between the colors to show up well, but I took a million shots trying. Here's the most helpful few:

First, here's the palette itself, since the images on Sephora, etc. might not be helpful. Blonde is on the left and Brunette is on the right.

And then, here are my brows, naked before product, so you get a sense of my base color (crappy fluorescent bathroom lighting, sorry):

Now, here are a couple closeups of my brows, post-makeup -- the first one I took myself in front of the mirror, and the second one my boyfriend took in natural lighting. I'll tell you guys which brow is which at the *end* of my post, so it doesn't bias you. Smile

And now, some shots in natural lighting so you can maybe compare brows. You almost can't tell them apart, because we just couldn't capture the real effect -- but hopefully this gives you an idea.

So... can you tell which brow is which, in any of these? (The answer is that the darker Brunette brow is the one under my bangs in every shot.)

I really hope this helps you guys out! Feel free to bug me if you have more questions, but I'm not sure I'll be able to provide better imagery than this -- our digital camera broke, so all this had to be done via cell phones.

Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the pictures. Very nice of you to do that. I've been wondering about this kit ever since Anastasia recently launched on The Shopping Channel in Canada. I now know brunette is my colour. Thanks again.

One question please. Are the stencils hard to use?
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Glad it helps, Maria! Unfortunately, my kit doesn't contain stencils, so I'll leave that question up to others -- but if you check some other threads (I think there was one about Tweezerman where many people said they preferred Anastasia), I know there's some stencil feedback out there.

Good luck!

yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks sooooo much for the pics! You look amazing!
I think from your pics, I'm gonna go for the brunette kit...just need to wait til after the new year to place my order!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I could tell which was darker, although the difference does seem rather subtle. And for the record, your brows are lovely! I'm not sure you need any powder at all!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Heh, thank you! You guys are so sweet. To be honest, I never would've worn powder before I got glasses -- all these pics are me sans frames, and the frames really look better with the slightly darker/more defined brows, and vice versa. It's hard to explain. I feel like all my eye makeup looks better with glasses when I apply it with a more dramatic hand.

Before glasses, I just used a little bit of Chanel Taupe Forme Soucils brow mascara and that cleaned it up and evened it out nicely. I will say that powder fills in bare/overplucked areas like no mascara ever can, though -- I love my Anastasia for that! (Bad ginnielizz, put DOWN the tweezers!)

Anyway, I'm bummed that these photos aren't clearer, because in real life the brunette is MUCH more dark and sort of Elvira-looking on me, IMO. I pretty much only use it as an eyeliner now. Yeahyeah, I think you're making the right call ordering that one. If it were easier, I'd just pry that shade out and send it to you since I don't really use it, but this isn't one of those nifty magnetic palettes so we're out of luck there.

Let us know how you like your kit when you get it -- and have fun! After I bought mine, I was frustrated to realize that the more complete kit was out there, with stencils and everything. I would've held out for that if I'd done my research. That's what you're going for, right?

Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
Glad it helps, Maria! Unfortunately, my kit doesn't contain stencils, so I'll leave that question up to others -- but if you check some other threads (I think there was one about Tweezerman where many people said they preferred Anastasia), I know there's some stencil feedback out there.

Good luck!

Thank you! I will search for other posts. Smile
Mom2Busy2Boys
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Great Posts!!! Very Happy

I have the Classic Stencils and I LOVE LOVE it! I am such a goof when it comes to plucking and this helps me so much! I am chinese and I use Bobbi Brown eye shadow in Mahogany to fill it out. I love the results! Been using it for the pssed few years!
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Mom2Busy2Boys wrote:
Great Posts!!! Very Happy

I have the Classic Stencils and I LOVE LOVE it! I am such a goof when it comes to plucking and this helps me so much! I am chinese and I use Bobbi Brown eye shadow in Mahogany to fill it out. I love the results! Been using it for the pssed few years!

Thank you! I'm a goof at plucking too. Wink I think the stencils would be a good tool for me to try.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I didnt know Anastasia had a website before, but once I found out, I checked it out and emailed them about whether the brunette shades were suitable for me. They replied within a day but the email was rather unhelpful.

This is the email:

Quote:
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to email us.

No, that would not be a sutiable color. It may be too light.

If there is anything else we can do to assist you, please feel free to
contact us.

Join our mailing list so you can be notified of future events, new
products, and great savings.

Thank you for your email and have a great day!

I mean, ok...they suggest that the brunette shades arent suitable for me but they didnt recommend what would...so this means that they arent really that bothered as to whether I purchase anything from them Mad

But based on ginnielizz's pics, it looks like the brunette should be ok on me Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Yeahyeah, I swear to you, I will scrape off a usable sample of my Brunette powder and mail it to you if you want. Smile It might be kinda hard to do, but screw Anastasia and their crappy CS -- we can make this work. And I agree that that was a totally useless and un-helpful response. It just riles me up how BAD some companies' CS is.

I'm thinking if I scrape some powder into one of those tiny zip-loc bags that they put beading supplies into, you should be able to get a usable sample, and it'll be easy and cheap to mail. PM me if you like. Smile Probably I can't do this until after the new year, but maybe if you get back to me right away we can figure something out...

yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Thanks ginnie...I think it will be too much trouble to send me the powder sample. I'm most likely gonna buy the brow kit after Xmas or New Year cos it has 5 items in the kit and if the brow powder doesnt work, at least I have the other 4 items to use or maybe get a black brow powder to mix with the brunette colours.

BTW ginnie...I PMed you about something else Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
Hi amnis

Thanks for your suggestion but I live in the UK, so there's no Sephora here Mad .

Did you buy the 5 piece kit too, or just the brow powder?

Thanks Smile

Hi yeahyeah,

I called a Sephora store and asked an SA for you Smile. Don't worry, it only took a minute. I said I wanted to buy an Anastasia brow kit for my asian friend and asked if the brunette kit would work.

The answer was yes, it would be the correct shade for you. I'm not sure what the Anastasia CS was smoking Laughing. But their CS skills or lack there of is indicative of their knowledge, IMO.

And yes, I got the kit and love it! It's great for traveling too. The stencils are pretty cool too to help you shape your brows correctly (something I'm always afraid of messing up). I also like the highlighting pencil. This kit was a great purchase for me. Wink

HTH.

ETA: I just had a thought... I think that the brunette works despite that you have black hair b/c the brown tinted powder works with your skin tone to look more natural.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |