Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Obagi Review for all Obagi users!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
prettyskin

Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi Obagi Users,
Any new experiences? How is your results! Let's share our experiences. The ones have reached your goal please tell us how beautiful your skin is, so that you can motivate the new users too. The ones just started or in middle of your program, feel free to let us know what you are experiencing at your stage. Let's get our pretty skin back together. Guys, we deserve it!
prettyskin

Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I am current a Obagi user myself. I like it so far. This product does make you feel up and down during the first a couple of weeks. You start experiencing dryness, redness, peeling, more breakout(even bigger size than before). My face started getting use to the product on week 3. Now I am on week 6, yes my skin is a lot more use to the product. It still peeling, but very light (more around chin area). I use ACTION to clam it down, and it helps. I am a slow user, I didn't use all of the product of the Du-Derm line every day, I customize using them so my skin won't look too bad the next day. Therefore, I am not at the 6th week stage everybody is looking forward to.
Now I am experiencing bigger pores. My pores are bigger than beofre, and they seemed like they are being cleaned out(hopefully that is what it is) I hope they will close up when they get cleaned. I have been using the product #4, which is made for the big pore problem. I will let you know my progress as I use them during this time.
Please share yours!
prettyskin

Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
I also been using the Vitamin C too. It is pretty good, it helps the dryness.
prettyskin

Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Also, if you are about to have any breakout, I was recommended to put just a thin layer of Tretinoin Cream on the problem area. It will bring it down if you do it early enough.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:15 am      Reply with quote
I have always wanted to try obagi but have bee n a big chicken,I work with the public and how would they react to red scaly skin? Embarassed
FalineRN
5% products discount

Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Nu Derm for a week now and it really has not been as bad as I was expecting. Based on some of the things I have read I was prety scared to start. I have had a lot of peeling, but mostly just at night. After I wash my face and apply the AM products the peeling is pretty much covered up. I do carry Action with me in case I start peeling during the day. My face was very red day 2-6, but is more of a pink now:) I can already see my pores getting smaller and blackheads peeling away. As my skin peels off the new skin looks so pretty and healthy. I love it!

Faline
gonatural
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
But I'm nervous. I never go anywhere without a light foundation and a bit of powder. Can you still use makeup once in a while? Does anyone have any secrets to relieve the flakes and maybe some of the redness? I have a dermo appt at the end of the month where she is going to talk more to me about trying. I just can't image going out in public looking the way some people describe. O.K. so I'm vain.
prettyskin

Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using it for 6 weeks. But I didn't use the Tretinoin all the time. I was told that I can customize it so that my face won't look that bad, but it will take longer to reach your goal. I was told that it is ok to put make up after #6. Yes, it start peeling around 7pm every day on me. I do bring the ACTION with me all the time to help me to hide the peeling. It was the Tretinoin making me red, if I cut it down, my face will be less red.
prettyskin

Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have mentioned about bigger pores, just in the past a few days, they got smaller. I am not sure if it is just me, but they did get smaller, and I am happy about it. I have stopped using the tretinoin for a week, and my redness is almost gone. I have only been using the tretinion and the blender on my ance scars area. The scars became red color from brown color. I am hoping they will be disapeared soon. I like how I am using the Nu-Derm system since my skin was fine, and I don't need to peel my whole face. But I was peeling my whole face for 4 weeks before I stopped using tretinoin on my whole face, and my face is smoother than before, and I hope the result will last. Now my GOAl is to get rid of the ance scars.
My 49 yrs old Mom is using the whole thing step by step. She already got some improvement after 2 weeks. I think the peeling part is more for aging signs.
Margar
5% products discount

Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:42 am      Reply with quote
gonatural wrote:
Does anyone have any secrets to relieve the flakes and ....

You might want to try Biomedic Pure Enzyme. I wouldn't use it if your face looked real red or pink, though. It works better for me than the Exfoderm did. Don't manually try to rub off the flakes with a towel or try to pick them off. I've used Obagi Nuderm since 8-21-07. It has removed some wrinkles on my face and I am real happy about that. Furthermore, my cheek pigmentation is very much reduced. I'm 56. My main complaint is that my skin is so dry and I am now using Decleor Nutri-Delice Ultra Nourishing cream at night over the Obagi products. Yes, I am still peeling with that moisturizer.

The best place to buy the Pure Enzyme seems to be Midwest Skincare at $23.50 a tube. Check it out. You might want to buy two tubes at once because the product comes in 1 oz. tubes.
Estelle
5% products discount

Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - I have been on Obagi for 8 days now and definitely notice a difference already. I think I was expecting this to be a lot worse than it is although I do admit that the peeling for the first 5 days or so was not a good look. Having said that, it's really not as if you will shed all your skin. My face felt slightly tingly or should I say plumped and it was VERY pink the first days - now it's more of a light tan-colour.
I started using Obagi as I have sun damage to my forehead and cheeks and I honestly can say that it is starting to fade. Believe me, I have tried every lotion, potion and skin sand-blasting possible but without any results which is why I am so amazed by Nuderm. Yes it is pricey but already now I can say it's worth it. Sorry to sound like a Obagi spokesperson but I really love it!
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
not to repeat see my message on the Skin Care Board. ! week and 1 day I also carry the Action and drug store hytrocotorsian (Bad speller) to calm things down in a nut shell I peel in the pm also after washing. Should we post here or on the Skin Care Board? my post was long. Trying to get rid of sun damage and my skin went crazy after hystramectory in June

48 yrs old red hair sensative skin (no reaction to the Obagi)
prettyskin

Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:51 am      Reply with quote
ACTION helps the peeling.
by the way, does anyone know if the peeling part make your skin thinner? if yes, how long does the skin recover to its original layers?
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Wondering if I should try this or even if I need it. My skin is mostly clear except for the odd cystic one. I have large pores in the t-zone that are always congested since forever and my nose is full of blackheads. Suggestions appreciated.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
Wondering if I should try this or even if I need it. My skin is mostly clear except for the odd cystic one. I have large pores in the t-zone that are always congested since forever and my nose is full of blackheads. Suggestions appreciated.
Forgot to mention that I use Retin A micro from time to time.
Margar
5% products discount

Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:34 am      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
Wondering if I should try this or even if I need it. .... I have large pores in the t-zone that are always congested since forever and my nose is full of blackheads.

If you have acne on your face or have had it, try Obagi Nuderm. Obagi Nuderm did not make the congestion and small blackheads around my nose disappear. Biomedic purifying cleanser and Biomedic conditioning solution are taking care of that congestion for me and are eating up the tiny blackheads and whiteheads around the nose with overnight results!
cincity5

Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm a newbee and did some research here before making a appt. with a derm.
I am hispanic and a sunwarshipper or shall I say wasand at 41 y/o my cute little freckles(on nose and cheeks)over the last couple of years started getting bigger. Instead of putting me on Obagi she put me on the product called Dermesse, she said it is the same but a generic so it will save me money. I payed 314.00 for the system. We decided that I would try this head on meaning no gradual getting the skin use to the product. I started the program last night and I'm so nervous about the pain part more then the looking gross part. Today, right now my cheeks are alittle red.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
went last night for my 2 week check-My skin is doing great and looks great-They moved me up to the blender/retional every other day and using the full gram now so I did have peeling this am but my face has really improved and the picture that they took 2 weeks ago really shows how much clearer my g\face looks
mi

Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
hi all,
i've been using obagi for about a year and a half. Got pregnant after the 16week regimen and did a modified program. steps 1-4 only, no retin a. have been nursing so still on steps 1-4. Was wondering if anyone out there has used the professional C serum 15% along with the nu derm system, and if so , how is it incorporated? I know I apply it after the toner but then do I skip steps 3 and 4? Or do I do some in am and some in pm? I don't get it. I didn't order the serum from my doc so I did not have any consult. Thanks for any help!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:19 am      Reply with quote
I use the Professional Serum Vit C 10% after cleanse/tone Vit C then steps 3 & 4 AM ONLY. Iam under Dr supervision In a month I will bump up to the next level of the C Iam on the NUDerm system only going into 3rd week. HTH
mi

Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much! I think you will be very pleased with obagi. I know my skin was extremely red, peely and hot constantly for the 16 weeks. Was well worth it. when I switched to the maintenance program and my face was less "angry" from stopping the retin a, so many people complimented me over and over about my skin, saying you look so radiant, etc!I'm sure some of it was because they saw me with bright red skin for the previous 4 months but most was the end result of obagi. the only person who didn't care for it was my husband as i used to be a sun worshipper and since obagi I steer clear of the "big yellow god."
March on Obagi users! You'll be so happy you did.

5% products discount

Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have finished the full 18 week NU Derm regime to treat long term hereditary pigmentation which was compounded by two pregnancies in the last 3 years. It has lightened the pigmentation but not eradicated it. While my skin feels "new" it is thin (I guess from the constant peeling/renewal process). My beautician at the Lancome Instutite who did my facial yesterday said that my skin still displays redness especially around the cheeks where the pigmentation is worst. I am going to take it easy now and take a break from the regimem. Hopefully, the pigmentation doesnt get worse.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Can someone tell me what the Vit C serum does? I've been using the nu-derm system for 11 days now but only using the retin A every other day. Very red and peely aroung the nose and chin area and very itchy almost everywhere. I just ordered Action because it sounded like that might help with the peeling and redness, is that correct? People are asking me if I feel alright because I looked so flushed or if I have a sunburn. It's kind of uncomfortable right now but looking forward to the redness and itchyness to lessen.
sp
5% products discount

Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
From memory, weeks 2 to 4 are the worst during the Nu Derm regime in terms of looking red and peeling. This is the worst is gets. I too ordered Action at this time but didnt really need to use it ... the redness subsides and peeling gets less obvious. I read that the Vitamin C serum strengthens the skin. I have been using it sine about Week 3.

5% products discount

Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:44 am      Reply with quote
gonatural,

We are about the same number of days into this. I am just using the 5% eye serum (for the first 4 weeks) but also was instructed to use the remaining from the vial to the rest of my face. So far I have more wrinkles under the eyes (but that may be from the migration of Exfoderm) and dryness/tightness.

It is supposed to protect from UV rays damaging the skin and, I believe, as mentioned earlier, strengthening - something to do with collagen synthesis.

That probably wasn't much help but is all I know!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |