Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Holiday Tipping
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
I know we talk about this every year, but I'm curious to see what you guys do for the holidays. Which service people (hairdressers, mail carriers, teachers, etc etc) do you give either holiday tips or small gifts to, and what do you give?

I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do, but here's what I'm thinking so far:
Vet's office staff- Chocolates
Vet- Ornament with my bunny Forest's picture on it
Hairdresser for me and DH- Tip, around $40
Aesthetician- Tea and a $10 tip
Dermatologist and staff- chocolates
Post office staff- chocolates
Chinese school teacher- chocolates

I think a lot of it also depends on your relationship with the people in question. For example, some people may only see their dermatologists once a year or so, but for a while I was going in to see mine every week and always calling the receptionists and begging them to squeeze me in, so I definitely want to do something nice for them. Same with my vet--- my poor bunny boy Forest has had a lot of health problems this year, and my vet and his staff have worked overtime on my behalf on more than one occasion. I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone else does--- maybe I'll get some good ideas!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:13 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
I know we talk about this every year, but I'm curious to see what you guys do for the holidays. Which service people (hairdressers, mail carriers, teachers, etc etc) do you give either holiday tips or small gifts to, and what do you give?

I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do, but here's what I'm thinking so far:
Vet's office staff- Chocolates
Vet- Ornament with my bunny Forest's picture on it
Hairdresser for me and DH- Tip, around $40
Aesthetician- Tea and a $10 tip
Dermatologist and staff- chocolates
Post office staff- chocolates
Chinese school teacher- chocolates

I think a lot of it also depends on your relationship with the people in question. For example, some people may only see their dermatologists once a year or so, but for a while I was going in to see mine every week and always calling the receptionists and begging them to squeeze me in, so I definitely want to do something nice for them. Same with my vet--- my poor bunny boy Forest has had a lot of health problems this year, and my vet and his staff have worked overtime on my behalf on more than one occasion. I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone else does--- maybe I'll get some good ideas!

How very thoughtful of you, Liz. Smile

I hired a lady to do all my laundry for me and also to clean my apartment (same person). I had planned to buy her, her mom (who also helped her out) and her little boy presents this year and they had always been so nice to me and my boyfriend.....until they all did a runner!!! And I had paid them 6 months wage in advance! She came to me saying she needed to pay her children's tuition fees and she didn't have any money, and that she wanted to borrow money from me. I instead said I'd pay for my laundry and cleaning service in advance. I guess I won't be buying the family presents this year.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:54 am      Reply with quote
I have conflicting thoughts regarding holiday tipping. Personally it annoys me to think I feel pressure to reward my hairdresser at Christmas. I have my hair done once a month. At $40.00 it takes 15 minutes. At each visit I leave a tip. My hairdresser is the owner of the salon. I don't think I am giving her a gift or extra tip next week.

I give my mailman a gift certificate to Starbuck. He goes out of his way to see my packages are kept in a safe place. When he can't get to my mailbox (snow) he brings my mail to the door.

I shop a lot on line. My UPS Carrier loves Dunkin D's. For his long hours I like to give him a gift certificate.

No longer do I have school age children. I always had my children make their teacher an ornament for Christmas plus I bought them a nice gift. IMO a good teacher is priceless.

For service people I pay a fortune to all year long I don't think it is necessary to get them something extra at Christmas. Does anyone else feel this way?

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
I have conflicting thoughts regarding holiday tipping. Personally it annoys me to think I feel pressure to reward my hairdresser at Christmas. I have my hair done once a month. At $40.00 it takes 15 minutes. At each visit I leave a tip. My hairdresser is the owner of the salon. I don't think I am giving her a gift or extra tip next week.

I give my mailman a gift certificate to Starbuck. He goes out of his way to see my packages are kept in a safe place. When he can't get to my mailbox (snow) he brings my mail to the door.

I shop a lot on line. My UPS Carrier loves Dunkin D's. For his long hours I like to give him a gift certificate.

No longer do I have school age children. I always had my children make their teacher an ornament for Christmas plus I bought them a nice gift. IMO a good teacher is priceless.

For service people I pay a fortune to all year long I don't think it is necessary to get them something extra at Christmas. Does anyone else feel this way?

I have conflicting thoughts too, Winnie--- it's such a tricky time of the year, isn't it? My rule of thumb is that I don't let myself get guilted into giving gifts or bonus tips just because I feel like I have to, and I try to only go the extra mile for people who really go out of their way for me or give me outstanding service throughout the year. (Like for example, my sweet aesthetician, who took the time to walk me through the procedure over the phone for an emergency extraction when I had a huge blemish that needed to come out because I had a party the next day.)

I will say this though... I've been a teacher on and off for most of my life, and getting even the smallest token or card form my students during the holidays really makes me feel appreciated. When I was in high school I worked after school at a nearby daycare, and one of the Moms brought me a small tube of hand cream for Xmas and it totally made my week. I currently give Engish lessons to Japanese people, and the other day I got the loveliest card and note with a little magnet enclosed from one of them, and it made me so happy. So, if people are doing a good job for me and going out of their way, I definitely want to let them know during the holidays, you know? But yeah, giving gifts and tips to each an every person can seriously get out of hand in a hurry!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |