Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Best cleanser for combo/dry skin in FL...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rcascone
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
I'm in Florida and usually my skin is combo, but right now it seems really dry, although, my pores have been obviously clogged lately. I have done a number on my face, looking in the magnify mirror and squeezing my pores. Stuff keeps coming out, but my overall face is dry. I have used a DDF sulfur mask, PSF pumpkin peel and also some of Dr. H cleansing cream. I have not settled on a good cleanser. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Renee

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
I love lancome cleaser for dry skin. It contains honey that sooth dry skin very well.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:20 am      Reply with quote
I like Decleor's cleansing oil.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:05 am      Reply with quote
rcascone wrote:
I'm in Florida and usually my skin is combo, but right now it seems really dry, although, my pores have been obviously clogged lately. I have done a number on my face, looking in the magnify mirror and squeezing my pores. Stuff keeps coming out, but my overall face is dry. I have used a DDF sulfur mask, PSF pumpkin peel and also some of Dr. H cleansing cream. I have not settled on a good cleanser. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Renee

It's possible that the products you've been using strip your skin of natural oil causing your oil glands to over produce oil, but your skin still looks dry on the surface? This has happened to me before. My skin was so dry and taut on the surface from over cleansing, but so congested and my face was covered with bumps all over. I just backed off the use of strong cleansers and it got better in a week.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Oooo, Renee, my skin was exactly as you described. Such a weird combination of pore congestion and dryness. I happened upon the Ice Elements line (www.iceelements.com) and it totally balanced both issues in my skin. Their message board is great and you can write directly to Shelly (the owner) or Brenda (their esthetician) to describe your situation and they will give you specific advice. Anyway, hope this helps.
rcascone
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your replies! I just ordered some PSF Green Tea Cleanser, so I'll try that for now and maybe I'll eventually try some of the Decleor or Ice Elements products that I've been reading about!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!
I like Suki's Lemongrass cleanser, it exfoliates but is gentle. Also i really like Juice Beauty's Green Apple cleanser. But there are so many out there it may be best to try get samples of some first if you can.
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
rcascone wrote:

Thanks!
Renee

It's possible that the products you've been using strip your skin of natural oil causing your oil glands to over produce oil, but your skin still looks dry on the surface? This has happened to me before. My skin was so dry and taut on the surface from over cleansing, but so congested and my face was covered with bumps all over. I just backed off the use of strong cleansers and it got better in a week.

andaman_gypsy, What cleansers did you use in the time that you backed off, if any at all?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
rcascone wrote:
I'm in Florida and usually my skin is combo, but right now it seems really dry, although, my pores have been obviously clogged lately. I have not settled on a good cleanser. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Renee

Hi Renee, I'm also in sunny Florida (Palm Bch County)... My skin was dry and taught except for the T zone. In the last couple of months I've been using Alpha Hydroxy face wash with good success. But what has really taken care of the dry skin issue is the addition of a 100 mg dose of Hyaluronic Acid supplement each day..

Even my crusty heels (I know, gross!!), are now as smooth as could be for the first time in my life.. Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
rcascone wrote:
I'm in Florida and usually my skin is combo, but right now it seems really dry, although, my pores have been obviously clogged lately. I have not settled on a good cleanser. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Renee

Hi Renee, I'm also in sunny Florida (Palm Bch County)... My skin was dry and taught except for the T zone. In the last couple of months I've been using Alpha Hydroxy face wash with good success. But what has really taken care of the dry skin issue is the addition of a 100 mg dose of Hyaluronic Acid supplement each day..

Even my crusty heels (I know, gross!!), are now as smooth as could be for the first time in my life.. Very Happy

Nice! I have a problem with dry skin everywhere but the T-zone as well. Where do you get this supplement?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm in Orlando! I love the Living Nature cleansers. They have 2, a gel cleanser and a cream cleanser. I have used both and think they are some of the better cleansers that I have used. I also like the Suki cleanser, which works really well.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Nice! I have a problem with dry skin everywhere but the T-zone as well. Where do you get this supplement?[/quote]

Any drugstore carry's it. Just look for "Hyaluronic Acid". I take 100 mg. daily.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
rcascone
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I'm in Orlando! I love the Living Nature cleansers. They have 2, a gel cleanser and a cream cleanser. I have used both and think they are some of the better cleansers that I have used. I also like the Suki cleanser, which works really well.

Rileygirl, I'm in Orlando too! Smile

thanks for all your replies!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Yea, someone else from Orlando! Very Happy
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
Cellcosmet's cleansing gel is really good. It's none drying and doesn't have oils. It won't make you break out. It also dissolved makeup pretty well.
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:06 am      Reply with quote
I use cetaphil.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |