Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Jan Marini eyelash growth serum RECALLED!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
laurabeth
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
I thought I would let everyone know about this as I care about all of you! I have learned so much from all of you and appreciate your input soooo much. I'm into DIY skincare right now and I've found a site that sells ingredients cheap!! I've been drooling over their website and Somerset Cosmetic company. So for all you DIYer's out there check these out!
But first read this:

http://reviews.ebay.com/What-is-going-on-with-Jan-Marini-eyelash-factor_W0QQugidZ10000000004429692

The FDA is on her butt for deceiving and harming our eyes.

skinactives.com and makingcosmetics.com

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
OH!! Thanks so much for sharing.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the original formula for over a yr, no problems just super long eyelashes. I heard that the big fuss was because of Allergan(the botox co), they owned one of the ingredients in the formula and they made a stink because they want to come out with their own eyelash formula. Her new eyelash formula with that ingredient I have heard still works very well.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
laurabeth, you might want to read through this:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=26750
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:31 am      Reply with quote
This is all about pharmaceutical company greed...
laurabeth
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Yogi- I read that posting and see that there is more to this than I thought! What a mess! So what is the active in the eyelash growth factor? Is is really "Prostaglandin analogs"

This is the quote from the site I was refering to that alarmed me:

"rumors persisted until Jan Marini accepted that her product contained a chemical whose structure is similar to prostaglandins, molecules that are very powerful. The chemical is now listed on the product. Although the name is truncated in the list, i.e. 7-(3, 5 Dihydroxy-2-(3-hydroxy-4-(3-(triflormethyl)phenoxy)-1-butenyl)cyclopentyl)-N-ethyl, (1R-(alpha(z), 2beta(1E,3R)3alpha, 5alpha)5-Heptenoic acid, it is complete enough to see that it is a prostaglandin analog.
Prostaglandin analogs(more precisely, Prostaglandin F receptor agonists) are powerful chemicals and they can help people with glaucoma, an illness that increases the pressure inside the eye. Because these chemicals are powerful and their side effects significant, thorough testing has to be done before their use by people is allowed. Moreover, a doctor has to supervise their use and this is why the chemicals that are on the market are prescription medications. Names of some prostaglandin analogs that are prescription medicines for glaucoma include Travatan, Latanoprost and Rescula. Side effects include change in eye color, hyperpigmentation of the eye lid skin, stomach cramps, etc.

So if this is true- why not use keratinocyte growth factor insted? It's cheaper!

I am just so tired of finding useless or harmful junk in my very expensive products Shock
By the way I'm not trying to offend anyone, just concerned

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
wow, this is huge... alot of ppl are using this.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:34 am      Reply with quote
I've read some very positive things about this eyelash growth serum and most people on this forum seems to have had genuine results with it.

I like to read up and do a bit of research on an unknown product (unknown to me! Very Happy ) before spending dollars and euros on it, especially when it is generated by a lot of media hype. This bit of info would be called bad press.... Sad

I'm just wondering has this news deterred any of you ladies who use the product?
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't seen it listed for sale anymore, Am I missing something?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Oh is that right? I might never get to try this product afterall. Shock Confused Of all the growth serums on the market the Jan Marini probably had the most prolific write ups and was streaks ahead in comparison to others ...but now it looks like it's been permanantly withdrawn.

Has anyone used it religiously (part of your daily repertoire) and had any adverse effects from continual use such as those suggested ? Embarassed
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
I havent seen it on ebay but you can buy revitalash which does the same thing.I have used JM for over a year no side effects just long lashes.I am glad I bought 2 tubes and a tube of revitalash.So far I am still using my first tube of JM lasted over a yr, you only need a tiny bit.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
I dont really get it, tylenol kills over 20,000 pr yr but it stays on the shelf, Jan Marini hasnt killed anyone yet whats the big deal? Rolling Eyes
c

Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:26 am      Reply with quote
do a search on 'fda marini recall' to find the actual FDA recall. the product was really expensive, I would like to get my money back. does anyone have any ideas?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
The recall was on the old product that they quit selling over a year ago. The new product is still for sale. If you read the notice it's very clear that it's the older formula.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |