Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
SPA lovers - what is your favorite treatment?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Eyes_green
5% products discount

Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hello ladies,

I am planing a Spa day and debating between a Deep tissue massage, Body wrap and Body scrub. I would love to have all at once, but don't have that much money to spend. I think I wil end up with massage.

What is your favorite SPA treatment?
Northerngirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
I just booked a personalized facial and a relaxation massage for the day before I leave for my 2 week trip to Punta Cana in January.
charlibets
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I had a massage, pedicure and facial, all in a row, to celebrate my 50th b-day. The facial is what made me feel the most pampered - I loved it!

Betsy
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have had massages and body wraps, the massage is more relaxing and I felt like I got something for my money, the wrap is boring, you just lie there, can be claustrophobic. :-&
Seaera
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
I too would go for the deep tissue massage out of the 3 you listed. My idea of heaven! Enjoy.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:38 am      Reply with quote
I just spent an afternoon at my favorite Day Spa two weeks ago. I scheduled a 1.5 hour full body massage, Spa pedicure and hydrating hand treatment. I was there about 4 hours or so and felt so relaxed when I left. About 6 months ago I went for an awesome Reflexology treatment/massage - Highly recommend this if you have an opportunity to try it.

Enjoy your day at the Spa!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
You can't go wrong with either the massage or scrub. Massages can be relaxing, but that also depends largely on how "aggressive" the therapist is and how tight your muscles are (especially as you mentioned a deep tissue massage). I recently had a salt scrub and rather enjoyed it. It's just as relaxing as a massage, with the added bonus of silky soft afterwards. My favorite, however, are facials.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:55 am      Reply with quote
My favorite is a facial!
Eyes_green
5% products discount

Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:03 am      Reply with quote
**FEATURED TREATMENT**
Peppermint Twist

Candy with all of the sweetness, and none of the carbs. Includes a pure can sugar sugar exfoliation followed by a moisturizing treatment of coconut, sweet almond, and vitamin E oils that smooths your skin to perfection. 50 Minutes $115
BUFF YOUR BODY
(Scrubs)
Lemon Zest
Zesty lemongrass and bamboo are blended to make this foaming exfoliating scrub effective in sloughing away flaky skin on body, hands and feet. Hydration is replenished by applying our Thai herbal body lotion. Stimulate cellular renewal, deeply moisturize and make your body glow with radiance. 50 Minutes $110
Go Coconuts
Fresh organic coconut is blended with Sandalwood, Jasmine, Vetivert, Clove and gentle buffing grains to sweep away surface skin cells to leave skin smooth and silky. Gentle enough to be enjoyed by sensitive skin types. 50 Minutes $110
The Mineral Reserve
Enjoy a scrub with a blend of pure mineral salts immersed in aromatic essential oils and nourished botanicals formulated to effectively exfoliate your skin, stimulate cellular renewal, restore glow and deeply moisturize. 50 Minutes $110
Micro Infusion
For the ultimate in smooth skin. This state of the art tri-crystal microdermabrasion body scrub leaves your skin baby soft. An infusion of rosemary follows to stimulate the skin and awaken the mind. A superior exfoliating treatment. (Not for sensitive skin). 50/100 Minutes* $115/$230
Mimosa
A Facial for your body. This aromatic and stimulating body treatment includes a mandarin orange exfoliation followed by a mineral mask and finished with orange blosson lotion

*THE 100 MINUTE MICRO INFUSION INCLUDES A FULL BODY MASSAGE 50 Minutes $125.00
***NEW FLOATATION TABLE***

SOFT PACK FLOATATION WRAPS

The weightless, heated environment of our Soft Pack Flotation table dramatically increases your body's absorption rate, decreases stress and relaxes your entire body.
Soothing Surrender Therapy Wrap
This deluxe hydrating treatment begins with a light, full-body exfoliation followed by an application if ultra moisturizing crème. A gentle scalp massage comes next as you relax in the warm envelopment of our Soft Pack Floatation System. You'll emerge feeling silky smooth 50/100 Minutes* $125 / $245
Moor Mud Sport Therapy Wrap
We layer the body with a warm mud mask of the finest European Moor Mud know for it's ability to ease sore muscles and joints. A combination of the proven benefits of the Soft Pack Floatation System and the ancient healing power of Moor Mud help to alleviate pain and achieve complete relaxation

*ALL 100 MINUTE FLOATATION TREATMENTS INCLUDE A FULL BODY MASSAGE 50/100 Minutes* $125 / $245
ALL WRAPPED UP
(Body Wraps)
Grand Master B
Our body wrap using "magical healing" properties indigenous to the Brazilian rainforest. Propolis, blended with the finest olive oil, provides astonishing success in the repair and rejuvenation of the skin. To seal in Propolis, warm coconut milk is poured over the entire body and gently massaged in, leaving skin protected, deeply moisturized and incredibly smooth. 50 Minutes $115
The Firm
An all-inclusive treatment helps reduce the appearance of cellulite while improving your skins elasticity. It tightens, tones, and yes firms the selected areas by boosting cellular activity, with results you’ll see immediately.

Choose Fanny Firmer or Arm and 6-pack Firmer: (50 Minutes, $115)

Full body Firmer: (100 Minutes, $230) 50/100 Minutes $115/$230
Mud Treatments
Detoxify, purify and smooth your body. Begin with an exfoliation of your body using luscious mineral salts, followed by the application of any of our muds derived from the richest sources of the earth.

Chi Soy Mud: A rejuvenating organic mud, rich in enzymes, minerals and vitamins, adds nourishment while contouring your body.

Volcanic Mud: A Purifying and detoxifying mud for a renewed sense of well being. Restores hydration to the skin, while healing and soothing inflammation.

Green Tea: Balance the body's yin and yang. A nourishing and mineralizing mud for overstressed body and mind.

*ALL 100 MINUTE MUD TREATMENTS INCLUDE FULL BODY MASSAGE
50/100 Minutes* $115/$230
TANNING
Bronze God/Goddess
Join the dark side! Keep your tan year round with our unisex, upright tanning bed located in the Pump Room Up to 12 Minutes $15.00
The Quickie
Be the envy of the beach with our state of the art spray tanning application. Please consult with our concierge staff prior to booking for special scheduling instructions
Eyes_green
5% products discount

Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:04 am      Reply with quote
ELEVATE YOUR WELL BEING
(Massage)
Any massage may be enjoyed side by side in one of our oversized treatment rooms, reservations must be made in advance.
Toccare Touch
Our signature massage is a centering, balancing, choreographed massage of movement. Enjoy a feeling of clarity and well being. Renew and hydrate skin through complete sensory relaxation. (A full body relaxation massage) 50 Minutes $130
Healing Stone Therapy
Melt the tension away?warm stones are bathed in lavender essential oil, placed on key energy points of the body and used to massage and smooth away tension. Bring back life into your mind, body and soul. 50/100 Minutes $140/$280
The Complete Retreat
A full body treatment using warm towels to stimulate the circulatory and lymphatic systems followed by an aromatherapy massage using your choice of our aromatic essential oils. Truly an experience for all the senses. 50/100 $130/$260
Swedish Massage
A soothing massage that increases circulation, reduces stress and improves muscle relaxation. Upgrade your experience with our aromatherapy oils. 50/100 Minutes $120/$240
Deep Tissue
A blend of Swedish with deeper tissue techniques to relieve specific muscle tension. Great for those experienced in massage. Upgrade your experience with our aromatherapy oils. 50/100 $140/$280
Prenatal Massage
Enjoy a light pampering massage focusing on specific areas such as neck,
shoulders and lower back, while incorporating lymphatic drainage techniques to eliminate excess water retention. Recommended only after the first trimester and up to 6 weeks post partum. 50 $120
Reflexology
Based on the ancient eastern theory of acupressure, pressure is applied to nerve endings in each foot, encouraging improved circulation to each and every single gland, organ and part of the body. A truly balancing experience. May be booked alone or in combination with another treatment for a decadent experience. 50 Minutes $120
So Happy Together
Our couple's treatment includes an 80 minute side by side massage with 30 minutes of private relaxation in our luxurious Spa Suite.

Swedish for Two: $520
Deep Tissue for Two: $600

Toccare Touch for Two: $560
Healing Stone for Two: $600

Starting at $520
Eyes_green
5% products discount

Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:06 am      Reply with quote
As you can see - I am totally lost on w hat to pick.... I gess I will go for a massage. I can scrub myself, but realy can't do a massage.

Also, when I called to inquire , they asked me :
"Would you like a Male or Female provider?"

I was lost... I never had a massage done my females, so wondering if anyone had both and what was the difference?
nyamyj
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
I would go for the massage no contest. In my experience, believe it or not the best massages I've had have been from women not men! Enjoy!
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I really enjoy having a back and shoulder massage.
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
When I lived in New Zealand I went to a spa called Elyssium. I always got the same facial. It was called flash beaute. The facial consisted of numerous sothys products. My skin literally glowed after it!!! If I could afford it, and if my skin could handle it, I would have done it at least twice a week!!! lol.
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
I also love Aveda Carribean therapy body treatment! It was so relaxing and made my skin great for my wedding day!!!
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
It's quite interesting.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
i want to have a spa treatment long time ago
but it costs a lot
so i decide to pour the money into the skin care line purchase Wink
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
I am in love with slimming/detox body wraps and glycolic peels! Another 1 of my faves is this facial I get in Vancouver. She charges only 120 for 2 hours which includes a foot soak, foot massage and neck/shoulder/hand/arm massage! She's pretty awesome, and an awesome price!
sally72
5% products discount

Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:05 am      Reply with quote
It's a tough decision between the massage and a body peeling/wrap! They are both so much fun. About a week and a half ago I got a Aluveric? Massage and it was unbelievable! They peel your skin with an all natural root! Highly recommended!
senesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
I enjoy body treatment.

deep tissue massage
comfort touch massage
reflexology
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
The only thing I get are occasional pedicures in the summer. If I had a spa gift certificate or something like that, I would be most interested in a massage.
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
i went to spa one a week in China.45 minutes whole body massage with essence oil,and 1 hour facial with yonka products.only cost $60.totally love it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
I would go for the healing stone therapy. I've had massages before - my favorite is shiatsu (v. Swedish massage). I've never had the official hot stone massage but I did buy the cheap Conair hot stone kit and love it!

The question about male or female practitioner just has to do with your comfort level. Many treatments you are naked though they drape you with a sheet to cover your "bits".

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVED deep tissue massage and seaweed wraps and hey, your worth it, its not like you go to the SPA everyday. I give myself a treat every now and then. I m worth it.
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite is a body scrub and pedicure. Its expensive but I feel so pampered and clean afterwards.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |