Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Zenbiotic Users
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
shelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi. I just received the Foundation Pack from Zenbiotics and was reading the pamphlet they included. It talks about a 2-3 week skin adjustment period. Anybody experience this? I've been using natural products (Mychelle) for a while and the Clarisonic for a couple weeks and have noticed a lot of improvement in my previously highly congested skin. I am wondering if this gives me an edge in terms of "avoiding" the "it may get worse before it gets better" thing.

Thanks for any perspective you might have to share.

Shelly
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
What the adjustment period means is that some people experience increased irritation/purging during this period - this is not just for those coming off "chemical laden" products but because the ZB range is at a higher pH than most commercial brands.

I saw a very good improvement to skin clarity within the first few weeks, with some slight sensitivity, then my skin became very dull and congested around the 5-6 week mark and THEN it was finally settled.
havana8

Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
I was just thinking about your your Zenbiotics journal, Miranets!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/redirect.php?u=http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16821&highlight=zenbiotics
shelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Marinets and Havana8!

Marinet, are you still using these products and remaining satisfied? I'll definitely read through your journal!!!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
I'm just bumping this thread up now that it's hot & humid most places! I think ZB is a wonderful line to use esp when oils and creams are just too much and too heavy. The moisturizer does contain plant-based glycerin, but since you use it very sparingly and can thin it even further with Oxy Toner, it doesn't sit heavily on your skin.
I went back to it last wk after using Vivite all winter and spring, and I love it... again. Those clogged nose pores are already starting to clear up. ZB, why did I ever leave ya?
The Sunscreen is nice, but it is a little "heavier" than the rest of the ZB products. It's aloe based and has zinc, SPF 30-35. Not a total block, and I've gotten a little color already from being outside with it on.
My skin is normal with large pores and sun damage, altho I'm fighting back tooth&nail!
Anybody else using it still? Miranets?? Manslayerliz? Havana8?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I have never used a better product ,I had dry skin but since using ZB my skin is beautiful it is worth every penny you pay for it, which isn't much
I didn't have a problem with adjustment ,my skin just took it all in . Enjoy a great skin care line

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with chuck and fawnie completely! I never had any kind of "adjustment" period using ZB products--- on the contrary, they really helped normalize my skin and clear it up, getting rid of clogged pores, etc. I also agree with fawnie that it's especially nice for summer since it's a water-based line and never feels heavy or suffocating. When it's hot and humid it's especially nice to be able to refresh my skin with the rinseless cleanser or the oxytoner. This line is DEFINITELY worth every penny!!

Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
There's lots to like about Zen. I still use ActiveNutrix, Oxygen Replenish and/or Oxytoner plus a Colloidal Silver in the cupboard for emergencies and mishaps. Looks like they have a bunch of new products on the website. Has anyone tried them?
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:08 am      Reply with quote
Thanks to manslayerliz i am now using their sunblock and i love it!!!
the texture is great for my oily skin and so far I haven't burned but then again I have Asian skin so I don't burn easily. But i did spend almost a whole day in a theme park recently and nary a peeling nose, unlike before, so i'm happy!

I'm also taking ActiveNutrix, haven't noticed anything obvious as yet but I was taking powdered greens before and could stomach the taste any more, so this to me is great alternative. I do remember really liking the whole foundation pack when i was using it, before I got sidetracked and swayed by (many,many) other things - now I am tempted to go back to Zenbiotics!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, Havana8, I'm eyeing the "Lift" serum and wonder if any of you long-time users have gotten to that product yet? The directions state that it's not to be used in the first phases.
I'm really appreciating it more as the humidity climbs. I don't feel like my face is smothered in silicone and grease like it was with alllllll the other products in my cabinet!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the hand lotion ,which very good on you hand ,it is quickly absorbed and your hand are very soft also used the shampoo ( both types) it takes a bit to get use to as it doesn't foam but your hair is very soft after . Those are 2 new things I have tried and have not been disappointed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
And they have a discount coupon if you email them at: credit@zenbiotic.com and ask them for it.

My skin actually looks better now without makeup than it did before with all my serums, creams, etc. Just a dusting of MMU over my ZB sunscreen and I'm ready to go and don't get the 40 Weight Oil Slick going by midday. For reference, my skin in normal but gets oily in the humidity here.

The key is to use lots of the toner and very little of the moisturizer and serums.Thin the moisturizer out by spraying on toner if needed to avoid a sticky feeling. It took me a while to experiment with the right amounts, but your skin can feel what is right for it immediately. If you remember to go slowly with introducing the serums, and use lots of toner, you minimize the possibility of the "break-in" period. I've never had this, but they warn everyone about it.

Love this stuff in the summer! Cool

Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |