Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Well played, Cover Girl...LashBlast Review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
I'm kind of late to the show on this one as I first started using this mascara in late October. I had seen it in CVS and immediately thought - orange tube? Must be for Halloween - then upon closer inspection, I realized it was the latest in the funky-wand type mascaras from Cover Girl.

Upon first opening, one can not help but notice the big-ass wand. What's a little off-putting is the fact that the tip is not pointy - it's kind of blunt - which can be a bummer if you're trying to coat the wee lashes that hide in the corners of your eyes, and also, if you happen to cry or your eyes get watery - it can sting like no one's business. But that is where the griping ends. It is a really GOOD mascara. Forget Dior Show - in my opinion Lash Blast is way better - and I can say this with authority as I tried for at least a week the highly touted Dior Show and ended up with raccoon eyes, a droopy curl and an all out thumbs down. I have no clue why this mascara garners the reviews it does...but I digress...back to LashBlast - I'm thinking that in the commercial the lovely and perky Drew Barrimore is sporting falsies - but this mascara does give you great length and volume, the black shade is truly a black shade - not off-black like some of them - no clumps (at all!), no raccoon eyes, and yet comes off easy with Dove (yes, I use Dove! Laughing ) and water. It is my most favorite mascara to date - surpassing my previous love affair with Volume Exact. I think you're going to want to try this one - especially if you're looking for a little glamour for holidays parties and the like. This is a handsdown winner.

Maria Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't think I'd like this mascara for some reason...the brush kind of put me off since it wasn't something I was used to. I LOVE the brush and the formula even more than my Lancome Definicils...and that's saying a lot. I've used Definicils for about 10 years.

Lash Blast comes in two formulas: regular and waterproof. The colors I saw are Brown, Black/Brown, Black, Very Black. I bought the regular formula in Very Black. Two coats look like I'm wearing false lashes.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard rave reviews of this and have been DYING to trying it out. I haven't seen it yet in Vancouver!!
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
I'm kind of late to the show on this one as I first started using this mascara in late October. I had seen it in CVS and immediately thought - orange tube? Must be for Halloween - then upon closer inspection, I realized it was the latest in the funky-wand type mascaras from Cover Girl.

Upon first opening, one can not help but notice the big-ass wand. What's a little off-putting is the fact that the tip is not pointy - it's kind of blunt - which can be a bummer if you're trying to coat the wee lashes that hide in the corners of your eyes, and also, if you happen to cry or your eyes get watery - it can sting like no one's business. But that is where the griping ends. It is a really GOOD mascara. Forget Dior Show - in my opinion Lash Blast is way better - and I can say this with authority as I tried for at least a week the highly touted Dior Show and ended up with raccoon eyes, a droopy curl and an all out thumbs down. I have no clue why this mascara garners the reviews it does...but I digress...back to LashBlast - I'm thinking that in the commercial the lovely and perky Drew Barrimore is sporting falsies - but this mascara does give you great length and volume, the black shade is truly a black shade - not off-black like some of them - no clumps (at all!), no raccoon eyes, and yet comes off easy with Dove (yes, I use Dove! Laughing ) and water. It is my most favorite mascara to date - surpassing my previous love affair with Volume Exact. I think you're going to want to try this one - especially if you're looking for a little glamour for holidays parties and the like. This is a handsdown winner.

Maria Laughing
Drew Barrymore is definatley wearing false eyelashes as all of the models/actors that advertise mascara! False Advertising! This mascara is cheap enough to try and I was considering it as I am always looking for the perfect mascara! Wink
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:01 am      Reply with quote
I hated this mascara. I found the bigger wand made the mascara go on goopy. But after wiping the wand on tissue I didn't get enough coverage. I personally will stick with DiorShow as I always get fabulous coverage and I never have to waste mascara by wiping the wand on tissue.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I bought this product last week and I have to say that I am pretty impressed so far. Each time that I have applied it, my lashes have been perfectly separated with no gunks or bits at the tips. That chunky brush fanned out my lashes amazingly! I bought the non-waterproof type and I haven't had any problems with smearing or smudging but it comes off so well with my Ice Elements Creme Cleanser. I wish the tip wasn't so stubby and blunt though but that is my only complaint.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to say that SDM got these in recently. Picked one up! Can't wait to try it out Smile
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:51 am      Reply with quote
I'll have to try this one too. Sounds good.
Caspers Mum

Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I am committed to my Rimmel Extra Super Lash, but am anxious to try this new Cover Girl offering! `Just called my local London Drugs & Shoppers: not arrived yet Sad
jadette
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:13 am      Reply with quote
I was skeptical as well but got it on sale with a coupon. And wow - I love lash blast! It makes my short puny lashes long, keeps the curl and provides just enough oomph while not clumping. This has become my HG mascara.
ejewell11

Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
At first I was a skeptic, but actually do like the stuff, I love the black black color and it doesn't flake or smudge or even clump. I use it over the Jane Iredale lash conditioner for more uumph. I would definitely buy again but am thinking of trying the Lancome lash extreme as I really liked the sample I got. You know how that goes, it's always better as a sample. But I will say the Covergirl may have me for a while. Oh and yes the wand is a bit cumbersome at first but you get used to it. Very Happy
Seaera
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:25 am      Reply with quote
I've got to try this too, it's been getting tons of rave reviews! Smile
amami aya
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
i finally cracked open my lashblast that i'd had sitting around but never opened, for the company holiday party- anyway, it's not really dramatic or tranformed me into someone looking like they were wearing falsies (i had to layer some of my fiberwig over it) but it is a very nice, nonclumping mascara suitable for everyday use. i don't know why some people have been making noise about the brush being too big- i find it's just the right size, but my eyes are fairly large (just with stubby eyelashes, hence the continuous search for new and better mascara!)
annie313
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I think I'll stop at the CVS tomorrow and buy some. Does anyone use this mascara while wearing their contacts? Any problems?
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Ahh, another product not available in my country that I would love to try Rolling Eyes
havana8

Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
as of last week, this was already sold out at my Shoppers Drug Mart! Shock
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
I finally got a chance to try this mascara out and liked it a lot. It seemed to build more length than volume for me and had a nice shiny jet black color. I wear contacts and it didn't bother me in that department at all.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Based on all the great reviews, I had high hopes for this mascara. When I bought it at Shopper's Drug Mart, a make-up artist who works there told me she didn't care for it because it was "too thick" but didn't specify exactly what she meant. Not one to be discouraged by one person's opinion, I took it home anyway and tried it out.

Well, she was right -- it is "too thick" and now I know she meant the wand/brush, not the mascara formula itself. The wand portion is too big around, it does not taper enough towards the end (making it difficult to get those inner corner lashes) and the bristles are much too short in relation to the size of the wand. It doesn't do much for length or volume either, at least on my lashes. If I've only got time to apply one coat of mascara, it has to be one that does the job and makes my lashes look terrific, or it's not worth my time. The one that is worth my time is Volume Exact.

Don't let me discourage you from trying it, however, because mine is only the opinion of one person.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
I recently tried this mascara- I found that it does provide good lash seperation and lengthe, but does nothing for volume, my lashes look long,but skinny with it on.
I am now using it with Revlon 3D mascara (as this stuff gives great volume) 2 coats of revlon 3D, followed by one coat of the lash blast seems to be a good combo.

I really liked DiorShow, but I find that it give me raccoon eyes, where as the 3D and lashblast dont.
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I use Diorshow and like it. I had also picked up a Maybelline Define A Lash while in a small town in TN because my Diorshow was almost out. I really liked the Maybelline Define a Lash.

I thought I would give the Cover Girl a try. I was a little put off at the big fat stubby brush. I did not really like it. I could not get those tiny lashes in the corner (and I need to get every lash I can get) and it was goopy to me. However, the next time I did a layer of Define a Lash, which really separates, defines and lengthens lashes. Then I topped it with the Cover Girl. I liked it a whole lot better. It would be great for night time but for work I will not be using it.

I probably would not buy it again but still use it for night time makeup on top of Define A Lash.
BumbleB
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I added this mascara to my drugstore dot com order.

You people are costing me a fortune...even if its a few dollars at a time! Laughing
cristaline
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
This is my new favorite nighttime mascara. I use Lash Blast WP in Very Black and the black is a nice black (my natural lashes are jet black so this is very important), not a charcoal black or a black with any kind of ashiness. It also holds up better than my other mascaras when it comes to smudging so I can use it on my lower lashes. This is saying a lot, since EVERYTHING smudges on me, and I ONLY wear WP mascaras.

I suspect that this will be a hate it/love it one because I must say that when you first apply it, wow, it is clump MADNESS. The gloppiness is pretty horrendous. But, I correct this with my trusty lash comb. Thus, this isn't my mascara of choice when I'm in a hurry since I have to "work with it," but for me, my fluttery fab lashes in the end are worth the trouble every so often when I go out.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
cristaline wrote:
This is my new favorite nighttime mascara. I use Lash Blast WP in Very Black and the black is a nice black (my natural lashes are jet black so this is very important), not a charcoal black or a black with any kind of ashiness. It also holds up better than my other mascaras when it comes to smudging so I can use it on my lower lashes. This is saying a lot, since EVERYTHING smudges on me, and I ONLY wear WP mascaras.

I suspect that this will be a hate it/love it one because I must say that when you first apply it, wow, it is clump MADNESS. The gloppiness is pretty horrendous. But, I correct this with my trusty lash comb. Thus, this isn't my mascara of choice when I'm in a hurry since I have to "work with it," but for me, my fluttery fab lashes in the end are worth the trouble every so often when I go out.

I've hade the same clumpy experience! But I use a lash comb as well and then it looks good. Someone asked if my eyelashes were real the other day- this stuff in conjunction with the Revlon 3-D is great.
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't find this mascara to be any more spectacular than any other mascara I have.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I just read a review on this mascara, and it was surprisingly good...as a matter of fact, it was the type of review that is tried and rated by a panel. I was really impressed when you compared it to Dior Big Show, because that is one of my faves! So...I think I will give it a try!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |