Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dark Circles - which eye product worth trying out?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
CleanSkin
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
There's no clear favorite eye product out there to deal with dark circles, but if you could recommend one product worth investing in to try out, which one would it be?
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
I find vita C to work for my dark circles, I currently use Vivier CDS 5% for eyes, it lightens the circles but doesn't make them disappear, don't know if there is a product invented that does that.
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Remergent Microcirculation Therapy. I've seen very nice results with this one.
CleanSkin
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Cadia wrote:
Remergent Microcirculation Therapy. I've seen very nice results with this one.

I'm definitely interested in trying this one, but remember reading a post from a member that it works by increasing the concentration of a free radical in that area. So I'm not sure if this is a product you can use long term or just occasionally. How long have you been using yours for Cadia and how many times per week do you apply?
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 am      Reply with quote
Actually, I don't use it - my father is Smile I'm turning him into a vain old man Laughing

He's been using it once a day for about four months continuous now and the results are still increasing. His skin is very much firmer and his eye area which was earlier very dark has now the same color as the rest of his face. Before that he had a couple of months break and the bags started returning.

Initially I bought it for myself. I used it a while and liked it, but as my main concern isn't puffiness nor dark circles, I thought he would benefit more from it. And he really does Very Happy

I haven't seen the post you mention and I don't know if that's a correct way of putting it. But I'm plainly ignorant and happy as long as I see the desired results. Almost that is... Wink

I copied the information and ingredients from skin-etc.
Quote:
Groundbreaking, highly effective, multi-faceted formula for localized treatment bolsters nutrient flow to the skin as it calms and hinders the irritation cycle. With regular use, resiliency is restored and the appearance of under-eye fatigue is relieved.

Key Performance Ingredients:
    Pinoxide - Exclusive and patented blend of breakthrough ingredients stimulates nitric oxide production to speed blood flow, warming the skin, increasing resistance to cold, and reducing dark under-eye symptoms.
    Evodiox - In clinical studies, the active components from the Evodia fruit, derived from the ancient Chinese pain elixir Wu-Zhu-Yu, have been known to inhibit inflammation, reduce stress, and soothe aggravated skin.

Vitamin C and Vitamin E (in oil-soluble form) - Vitamin C stimulates collagen production; Vitamin E, a natural regenerating partner, maintains vital antioxidant levels.

Indications
Remergent Microcirculation Cream is for the treatment of poor circulation exhibited as dark under-eye circles and puffiness. It is also found to stimulate collagen to reduce the appearance of fine lines.

Water, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Pentylene Glycol, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate (and) C20-C22 Alcohols, Ethylhexyl Ethylhexanoate, Isocetyl Sterate, Stearic Acid, Glycerin (and) Sodium Polyacrylate (and) PVM/MA, Squalane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cetyl Esters 1,2-Hexanediol, Acrylates/C10-C30 Alkyl Acrylate CRosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Camphanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Isododecane, Laureth-4, Mangfera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Phenoxyethanol, Pinanediol, Polyacrylate-13, Polylsobutene, Polysorbate-20, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:10 am      Reply with quote
i think the silkia camellia oil helps with the dark circles which are mostly from lack of sleep for me....

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I just got Jane Iredale's Circle Delete (#2) with my last EDS order, and it's too early for a review (I've only been using it for around a week), but I do think it is improving my dark circles in general. It is primarily a concealer, but the ingredients (Vit K, jojoba ester and avocado oil, zinc, etc.) are supposed to be helpful for treating dark circles longterm. As a concealer, I love it. It's the best one I've tried so far. It covers completely while disappearing into the skin. I had been loving Vincent Longo's concealer, but this is better.

P.S. I've used the Jane Iredale Active Light Undereye Concealer, and I do not recommend it. It never quite blended well and would settle in fine lines despite advertising to the contrary.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:40 am      Reply with quote
I am trying Strivectin and Hylexin. I tried the Strivectin for 3 weeks, not much happening but moist enough, not drying. The hylexin seems to work a little better on the dark circles but I am only a couple of days into it. I'll post back in a couple of weeks when I am done and let you know. I am wanting to firm, lift and remove dark circles and these were the top referred to me from Sephora.

5% products discount

Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
CamoCare Camomile Eye Gel. It's a health food store brand, and a small tube's around $15.
poolean
5% products discount

Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Ok. now I found this thread about dark circle Laughing

Has anyone used"sudden change" here? One of my friends tried, it worked for her, I haven't try it yet since she told me it gonna make your eys tight and dry..
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
It's pricey, but cellcosmets eye contour cream has done miracles for my eyes!! I know, Mabsy can attest to that one too!!! lol. It's lightened my dark circles, diminished one of my broken blood vessels, and is an excellent moisturizer!
pink_apple
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:07 am      Reply with quote
Have you ever tried some natural resources like tea bags or cucumber??
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:15 am      Reply with quote
I have been looking for something for dark circles too. I find myself always using concealer and even if I get 8 hrs I still have slight darkness. I know there are great eye creams for bags and lines, but I need something just for the dark circles.

I wanted to try Hylexin after seeing all their ads, but wanted to know what others thought first.
How is it going AnnieR?
Mike
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:40 am      Reply with quote
I tried Hylexin before but it didn't work well on me.
pcsf5

Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely eyederma. Google it and read the reviews for it. its the only cream that Ive tried so far and had worthwhile results with.
Compucatt

Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
This may sound silly, but when you are saying 'dark circles', does this include a general dark redness around the eye area, both upper and lower including the actual eyelid? I don't have a rash or irritation, it's just that when I read 'dark circles', I'm not sure what colour we're referring to.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I recently had lunch with a friend that I hadn't seen in a few months. I immediately noticed her eyes. She used to have dark circles and they were gone, gone, gone! She told me that she had been using hylexin.
Misha
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
I tried PTK but wasn't happy. I thought I was seeing results but not enough to buy again. I think mine are from allergies. Anyone have any luck with getting rid of ones caused by allergies? The obvious solution would be to get rid of the allergies but according to allergy tests I'm allergic to just about everything. Maybe I'll give Hylexin a try.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:15 am      Reply with quote
PTR definitely didnt work for me!! it's not worth that much money at all!!!
hotiron123
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Hylexin for a week and a half now... I have noticed some minor, but not dramatic, changes in the appearance of my dark circles. The texture and elasticity of the skin around my eyes has definitely improved (I'm sure many cheaper creams can help in that department though). Likewise I think...I think the dark circles do not extend as far outward as they used to (wishful thinking?)

I'll let you know if there are any significant improvements after one months use.
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:09 am      Reply with quote
What's the active ingredient in Hylexin??? Other products that have it? Anyone try dr.boxrud dark circle minimizer? Very expensive, though.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Hylexin worked better than Strivectin, but dark circles are still there and now my sample ran out. I don't know whether I would buy it, still on the fence.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
My friend said that it took about 2 1/2 months of using the hylexin daily to achieve her results--which were quite dramatic.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Good info and review of Hylexin:
http://www.beautifulreview.com/Hylexin.html?cp=124&KEYWORD=hylexin&gclid=CJfX2viynJICFQqfHgodGxHDiQ

Quote:
Ingredients at a Glance
The primary active ingredient in Hylexin is Hesperidin methyl chalcone, which has been shown to prevent capillaries from leaking.

Additional ingredients include Chrysin, a plant-derived flavonoid that functions as an anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory; Palmitoyl oligopeptide and Palmitoyl tetrapeptide-3, peptides that may help to stimulate collagen production; and other ingredients.

Ingredients in Focus
Hesperidin methyl chalcone, one mouthful of a flavonoid, is derived from citrus fruits. It helps to reduce capillary permeability, meaning that it helps to tighten the tiny blood vessels in the skin around your eyes and prevent them from leaking. It is this leakage that leads to unsightly undereye circles.

This ingredient also acts as an anti-inflammatory, helping to reduce puffiness and swelling.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Well maybe I just need to take the plunge and buy it to try for a couple of months. Smile I think I already blew my monthly EDS allowance!

Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |