Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best Make Up for oily skin ( so it won't be so oily)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
myeyesuprise

Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
i have super oily skin, but i don't break out all that much, but i do get tons of black heads so what can i use to make my skin less oily?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
oil!
yes, using oils on your oily skin can help to normalize it. I am having terrific success using kukui nut oil to normalize my oily skin. Cleansing with a blend of Caster & Sweet Almond Oil also lift out my blackheads.
myeyesuprise

Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
really, i never thought of oils... were could i buy these

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
my sources are:

- kukui nut oil atwww.gardenofwisdom.com

- silkia camillia oil atwww.goldportbeauty.com

and the caster & sweet almond oil I buy at my local drugstore.
ch3r
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
you can also use a primer. like EM's silk powder, or Fyrinnae's rice powder. i've never tried EM's but Fyrinnae's is nice. very smooth and even though its white, it is translucent when applied on the skin so you can wear it alone.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:02 am      Reply with quote
ch3r wrote:
you can also use a primer. like EM's silk powder, or Fyrinnae's rice powder. i've never tried EM's but Fyrinnae's is nice. very smooth and even though its white, it is translucent when applied on the skin so you can wear it alone.
Where can I buy these silk or rice powders?
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:45 am      Reply with quote
My skin is quite oily and I've found the Alima foundations quite good ... have no idea why, but I definitely don't need to use those oil blotting things as much as I used to
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Myeyes, try Revlon Color Stay foundation which totally mattes the skin and keeps oil at a minimum. For blackhead in the evening use Paula's Choice 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid in the liquid form to keep your pores unblocked so that oil can run freely and not create more blackheads, whiteheads and pimples.
jadette
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:29 am      Reply with quote
I'd recommend fyrinnae rice primer and oil control finishing powder. Both keep my mineral makeup intact and slick free for almost a full day. I still have some breakthrough shine but not nearly as bad as before. Normally I only last 2 hours before having to blot.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:12 am      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
My skin is quite oily and I've found the Alima foundations quite good ... have no idea why, but I definitely don't need to use those oil blotting things as much as I used to

I second appletini. IMO any good MMU will help a lot. I am currently using Laura Mercier. On lazy days (which is often Bad Grin - I hate having to bother with layers of primers and pearl powder etc) I only use the Mineral Finishing Powder and even then my face is far less oily and requires far fewer blottings (and I'm in humid Malaysia!).

Another plus point for MMU is that the finish is natural and you'll look fresh and even-toned for hours without that cakey powdered look.

Anyhoos the bottom line is I'd say MMU is the one single thing that has helped with considerably reducing shine and oiliness for me. HTH some! Smile
Janie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
The thing that has saved my oily skin is Lumiere Veena Velvet MMU. It is the best!
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Janie wrote:
The thing that has saved my oily skin is Lumiere Veena Velvet MMU. It is the best!

See? MMU again! Smile

Try and get a line/brand in a colour that works for you - it's well worth the search!

Good luck. Smile
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
I had a horrible oily T-zone issue that I struggled with daily for years. Finally I have resolved the problem and no longer need to carry blotting papers plus my make-up stays beautifully shine-free all day long.

Here is what finally worked for me:

Before applying MMU:

Blend a very light drop or two of Lumiere's perfecting primer over entire face.

Next: apply Silken Pearl Paste only to the T-zone area.

Then: apply Lumiere's Veena Velvet MMU and finish with a light dusting of Veena Veil Finishing powder & a Spritz of facial mineral mist.

The look is incredible and the oil problem is non-existent.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Where can I get the pearl paste? Thanks!
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Janie:

It is from a home-based company that a lot of the ladies on the forum really like. We are not permitted to discuss home based companies on the open forum but feel free to PM me for more information.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
hi, i have oily skin too and i am using Neostata Excuviance Foundation. It's help to control the oilness and great coverage too Smile
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:13 am      Reply with quote
For me getting my skincare correct first helped, if my moisturiser is too heavy then I stand no chance wearing any make-up.
I agree with the oils especially Jojoba Oil but on days where I have to be up, shower, make-up on and straight out the door I don't have time to wait for the oil to sink into my skin I use an Oil free moisturiser skip liquid foundation and use powder foundation instead.
MAC Studio Fix, Prestige does a good one and Physicians Formula all work for me.
I also recomend Urban Decay Primer Potion to stop eye make-up from disapearing and MAC Fluidlines.

5% products discount

Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
For oily skin, I would recommend skipping liquid foundation and investing in a mattifier or primer for use underneath your makeup. It helps keep the oil under control and makeup to look better.

Have you consider mineral cosmetics i.e. Alima, JI, or BE? I would say Laura Mercier but it seems to work better for those with less oily skin. Hope this helps.
Janie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:24 am      Reply with quote
I found this old thread and it helped me sooo much! Where is Carrie? She was always so helpful.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7244&highlight=carekates+oily+skin
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I'll put my vote in w/ others that MMU (I use Alima) and pearl powder (together or separately) keep my oily T-zone under control thru the day.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
miko
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Where I can bay pearl powder ?
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:15 am      Reply with quote
I've had GREAT success with Fyrinnae Rice Powder Primer. It's super cheap and goes well under MMU or liquid foundation.

http://www.fyrinnae.com/product_info.php?products_id=817&osCsid=74b35c4277d15f0abac87cf4e273cf52

The key is to not pile it on, or it can make you look a bit "ghostly." A light dusting will do it. I've used it under MMU but also under LM Tinted Moisturizer and LM Silk Creme foundation.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:23 am      Reply with quote
I have oily skin and have found that using foundation powders cause me to become less oily during the day than liquid foundations.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
miko wrote:
Where I can bay pearl powder ?

Miko, do a search for pearl powders and you'll find lots of info. The ones that keep coming up on the EDS boards seem to be from home-based companies. I've used p.p. from two. If you can't find the names just pm me and I'll give you the websites.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:16 am      Reply with quote
Marcelle face powder may control oily during the day.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |