Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Jan Marin Age Intervention eye cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought this product and find that it doesn't absorb, sticky and runs into my eyes. Am I putting too much on or what? Thought this would be a good product.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried this product and found it rather thick and would not absorb. I ended up using it on my neck.

Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Try using an amount less than the size of a pea and apply it using light tapping motions until it absorbs. If you had some PSF 02 stuff, using a bit before and/or after may help it to absorb better too.

If that doesn't help, maybe email EDS or JM and ask for suggestions?
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
I too have tried this product with no success and have e-mailed Jan Marini many times and never received a reply.
havana8

Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
wow, that's shocking that they haven't responded! it's not like the eye cream is cheap either.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
I shouldn't be suprised. I haven't had any luck with Jan Marini products. I had purchased some from my Derms recommendation before and found them useless.
Aimee3
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:12 am      Reply with quote
I'm disappointed to hear this. Just last night I read about an ingredient called
"aminoguanidine" that's supposed to be the end all be all. The only non-prescription cream I could find that had this ingredient was JM's age intervention eye cream. I guess I'll take this off my wish list now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:27 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Try using an amount less than the size of a pea and apply it using light tapping motions until it absorbs. If you had some PSF 02 stuff, using a bit before and/or after may help it to absorb better too.

Did that, still sticky and shiny. I thing I will use it on my hands!
havana8

Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
havana8 wrote:

Did that, still sticky and shiny. I thing I will use it on my hands!

Oh, bummer! I am so sorry it's not working out with it. I did read suggested protocols that suggested using one of her other products underneath it... I'll post the info and the link on the off-chance that it is helpful to someone:

Recommended Protocols:
For fine dry lines — AM and PM, Jan Marini Bioglycolic Eye Contour Cream underneath Jan Marini Age Intervention Eye Cream.
For deep wrinkles and crow's feet — AM and PM, Jan Marini C-ESTA Eye Repair Concentrate underneath Jan Marini Age Intervention Eye Cream.
For firming — as above per deep wrinkles/crow's feet.
For anti-aging — alternate fine dry lines and deep wrinkles/crow's feet protocols as above.
For eye contour millia — AM Jan Marini Age Intervention Eye Cream, PM Jan Marini Bioglycolic Eye Contour Cream underneath Jan Marini Age Intervention Eye Cream.
For dark circles — AM Jan Marini C-ESTA Eye Contour Cream underneath Jan Marini Age Intervention Eye Cream, PM Jan Marini Factor A Eyes underneath Jan Marini

Jan Marini Age Intervention Eye Cream — for Intermittent Use Only
Jan Marini Age Intervention Eye Cream should not be used without break. Use for up to 6 weeks at a time, or slightly more if tolerated.
The retinol content of Age Intervention Eye Cream is proving too high for delicate eyelid skin when used for months on end. Do not use for too short periods either, as this won't bring lasting improvement.

When not using Age Intervention Eye Cream, use Jan Marini Bioglycolic Eye Contour Cream instead, as this is the only other Jan Marini skin care product suitable for use on the eyelids. Alternatively, switch to Gernetic Myo/Myoso at times when you're not using Age Intervention Eye Cream, which is also firming and suitable for toning crepey eyelids.

A large number of Jan Marini products should not be used on an ongoing basis without experienced physician support to avoid all possibility of long-term negative or only fleeting positive results. Improper or haphazard use of Jan Marini products shouldn't be expected to yield any more than a different temporary cosmetic outcome when compared with mass market skin care. For lasting and material difference, correct and precise use is necessary.

Determining/Implementing Maximal Use of Jan Marini Age Intervention Eye Contour Cream

Question wrote:
I was advised by phone to use Jan Marini Age Intervention Eye Contour Cream for 4-5 days and the Jan Marini C-ESTA Eye Repair Concentrate on the others. In this way I could keep on using Jan Marini Age Intervention Eye Cream without a break. But I understand you cannot use Jan Marini C-ESTA Eye Repair Concentrate on the eye lids... Just what is the correct procedure?

I really require a cream I can use under the eyes for every day use so is the C-ESTA good for this or too harsh to use on an every day basis? Can I also use Jan Marini Age Intervention Eye Cream under the eye? I see by your advise to only use for 6 weeks or so and then have a break. How long a break is advisable?

Jan Marini C-ESTA Eye Repair Concentrate may be used everyday, up to twice a day (morning and evening), without break or concern — it is an antioxidant product suitable for ongoing use. Jan Marini Age Intervention Eye Cream can be applied over C-ESTA Eye Repair Concentrate under the eyes, however C-ESTA Eye Repair Concentrate shouldn't be used on the eyelids.

It is fine for C-ESTA Eye Repair Concentrate to come into incidental contact with the eyelids, however it shouldn't be specifically applied to this area.

Undesirable side effects of drying and flaking from Jan Marini Age Intervention Eye Cream usually develop on the eyelids before under the eye area, so potentially you could titrate its use separately between the eyelids and under-eye area (ie. use for longer periods under the eye than you do for your eyelids).

Normally you cannot use Jan Marini Age Intervention Eye Cream non-stop, however it is likely that the time to develop undesirable side effects under the eye area is extended beyond approximately 6 weeks when it is applied over C-ESTA Eye Repair Concentrate, rather than alone, because absorption of Age Intervention Eye Cream's active ingredients is lessened or slowed when applied in a layered manner.

To determine your maximum use of Jan Marini Age Intervention Eye Cream, use it non-stop up to the point of side effects — noting the time it took to reach that stage — then discontinue, replacing with either:

Gernétic Myo/Myoso or
Jan Marini Bioglycolic Eye Cream

until side effects subside, if you wish to have some form of comparable non-stop treatment of your eyelids. Finding the individual, maximum use of the retinol/peptides found in Jan Marini Age Intervention Eye Cream is preferred over always remaining shy of side effects.

http://www.treatment-skincare.com/Jan-Marini/Peri-Orbital/Age-Intervention-Eye-Cream.html
havana8

Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
So I emailed the address (info@jmsrcanada.com) on the Canadian JM website for assistance and they emailed me right back. Here is their suggestion:

I know that some of the face creams do take some time to penetrate (ultimately what you want). The proper instructions with eye creams is to warm it first, just with your fingers, approx 5 seconds or so.

Hopefully it works for someone!! Laughing
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
So I emailed the address (info@jmsrcanada.com) on the Canadian JM website for assistance and they emailed me right back. Here is their suggestion:

I know that some of the face creams do take some time to penetrate (ultimately what you want). The proper instructions with eye creams is to warm it first, just with your fingers, approx 5 seconds or so.

I will give this one more try!
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

OK I tried this last night. Rubbed the product between fingers and patted on upper eyelids and under eyes, still too sticky to use during the day but I will use only at night time for 6 weeks (as recommended). I awoke this morning with natural colour eyelids (no red, no puffiness) we will see what happens in 6 weeks.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for all the info - might reconsider trying it as per all the instructions posted.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have just posted the ingredients for this eyecream.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=27064
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I bought this eye cream for myself and my mother to share (she's in her 50s) and have been using it for about a month and half. My mom says she feels her eye area much less puffier looking and more toned.

I also really love this eye cream (i use it at night only since i use Osea's in the morning) and i feel like it smoothed out some very fine fine lines beginning to form. i also think the ingredient list is very nice. i don't feel like it's sticky or anything but i always apply it to freshly wet/toned eyelids.

i think it is expensive but it will last quite awhile.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:41 am      Reply with quote
i want to have a try on this brand recently
now i have to think about it again Embarassed
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |