Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

HELP - Mascara Woes!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tthagen1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, so I am using a waterproof mascara and I STILL am getting mascara marks underneath my eye from my bottom eyelashes.

Does anyone have any ideas as to a way around this, or do you know of a mascara that would work better.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Some brands are just like that such as Smashbox. Personally I use Prescriptives Lash Envy (non waterproof) no smudge or flakes! Long, lush, thick lashes! The other day my nail tech thought I was wearing falsies! Thanks to revitalash and lash envy!
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:18 am      Reply with quote
tthagen1 wrote:
Okay, so I am using a waterproof mascara and I STILL am getting mascara marks underneath my eye from my bottom eyelashes.

Does anyone have any ideas as to a way around this, or do you know of a mascara that would work better.
Unless you are a swimmer don't use waterproof mascara. Maybe your eye cream is too emollient and thats why the smearing.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I only use waterproof when I am on a beach holiday or at a pool party which isn't often. Laughing I find that even with eyemakeup remover, I still lose eyelashes. Crying or Very sad
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Helena Rubinstein and Shiseido have good mascara.
bratirella

Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:08 am      Reply with quote
I find that the best waterproof mascara is the one by FASIO (a japanese brand). I use the PowerStay Mascara (3D Curl & Volume). I have oily eyelids and live in a tropical country where the heat and humidity can make even the sturdiest mascaras run but Fasio PowerStay has never failed me.
tthagen1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
where do you get fasio
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
One that I have really liked recently is Blinc Kiss Me Mascara. It doesn't smudge at all on me and removes easily with just water. It doesn't add a bunch of length to your lashes; I think it's a more natural look with still nice definition. HTH!
bratirella

Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Fasio Cosmetics are available in most Asian countries. Sorry, I don't know if it's available in the US or Canada. Maybe you can check out ebay. Some Asian cosmetics are available there. Hope this helps. Smile
mper1327
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Do you use any eye creams around your eyes? I found that when I use La Mer around my eyes, all of my eye make up smudges, no matter HOW waterproof. It has something to do with the greasiness of the formula having too much slip to keep makeup in place. Hope that helps! wave

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Try Blinc Kiss Me Mascara. It doesn't smudge and comes off in little tubes. They sell it here at EDS.
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Have you thought about using a product like 1000hour eyelash dye. The Blue/black shade makes your lashes look beautiful and no need to worry about mascara at all. If you do a search on the forums you can find out more info. I love this product--it's worth ordering it all the way from Australia!
miki
5% products discount

Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Ditto on the Blinc Kiss Me mascara. No smudging, no raccoon eyes, and best of all? No more lashes falling out due to harsh eye makeup remover. You can remove with warm water and very light, gentle pressure. The tubes slide off your lashes.

If you want something with more oomph, Kiss Me also makes other variations with more volumizing / thickening power. But unfortunately, those types of mascaras are available only in Asia right now.
tthagen1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
where do you get the blink kiss me mascara
miki
5% products discount

Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
tthagen1 wrote:
where do you get the blink kiss me mascara

You can get the mascara here (EDS) for $22. EDS carries both the regular and super volume version. You can also get it at your local Sephora.
tthagen1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
thank you,

after I posted, I thought to check EDS and yes there it was!

Have you tried the ultra one
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
I love mascara from Prescriptives.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:25 am      Reply with quote
I used to have the same problem as you - I have very oily eyelids. What works for me is Shiseido mascara base with Lasting Lift mascara on top. No smudging and my short stick straight lashes stay curled forever.
Jacqueline

Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Try Shishedo's (sp?) Mascara base. Not only will it make your lashes look fuller and longer, your mascara won't budge. hths.
goldie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:01 am      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
Maybe your eye cream is too emollient and thats why the smearing.

I agree that a too emollient eye cream could cause your problem. That's why I use a gel-type eye product during the day and save the more emollient eye creams for night time. That way my mascara doesn't smudge or smear and my eye makeup doesn't slide off.

But for a good a mascara, I recommend Chanel Inimitable. I have a friend that generally has problems with every mascara she tries smudging on her, but she swears by the Chanel.
jamie.mw.lee

Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Seconds for Fasio. I use "Fasio Power-Stay Mascara 3D + Air Tech Curl Long 001" and it hardly smudges. It lengthens a lot but it doesn't give much volume. It's more of a defining and curling product for the lashes. However, it is really, really, really hard to remove; so that's the only major con about this mascara. I bought mine in Hong Kong for 60 HKD, so converted to Canadian dollars, it should be around 7.50ish. I got mine at Mannings, kind of like Shopper Drugs in comparision. (Except Shopper Drugs seem to be making the price tags more less-attractive lately Sad )
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:11 am      Reply with quote
I tried Blinc Kiss Me Mascara, and love it! Comes off just like they say, and NO MORE racoon eyes during the day or the next morning(even when using a remover).

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:18 am      Reply with quote
try letting your eye products sink in for a few minutes and then blot with a tissue before applying any eye make up. YOu could also try dusting the whole area with a setting powder. Hope you find a solution that works.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Maybe try one of the Japanese types that come off in “clumps” with water, unlike most mascaras which dissolve, if you know what I mean? I’m using Dejavu Fiberwig at the moment and also have the Tiny Sniper (same mascara but a smaller brush and container), and they stay put pretty well. I think Fiberwig is available in the States, although it may be cheaper to buy online from Sasa ??

I actually prefer Kevyn Aucoin The Mascara Volume, which I think is based on a similar formula (it’s described on the KA website as “using advanced technology from Japan”).
http://kevynaucoin.stores.yahoo.net/mascara.html
I like the long thin brush and packaging better than the Fiberwig, but the Fiberwig is more easily obtainable here in Hong Kong.

I haven’t tried the Fasio mentioned above so can’t compare. But I have tried the Blinc Kiss Me and prefer the Fiberwig as it comes off more easily but seems to have similar staying power, for me anyway.

One negative point is that I’ve noticed the Fiberwig (and KA) seem to dry out more quickly than conventional mascaras. Maybe it’s my imagination, but Fiberwig is pretty cheap anyway so not really a problem to just buy another.
ade
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:50 am      Reply with quote
You can try CLARINS Fix' Mascara. It's useful.
OR you also can buy some japanese brands, such as "déjà vu". These mascaras can only get your eyelashes look longer.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |