Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

AVON LONGEST LASHES EVER MASCARA doubled my lashes!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:16 am      Reply with quote
I bought the AVON Longest Lashes Ever Mascara in black. I used the white primer first followed by the black mascara. It totally doubled my lash length. I was really impressed. I also bought their ANEW Clinical Thermafirm face lotion and ANEW Clinical revitalizing peel. I was unimpressed with the two, so I emailed them to get a RMA. I never got a response despite several emails, so I called them (got their 800 number after calling their HQ). The rep was so nice. She told me I didn't have to return the two items. She went ahead and gave me a credit. I am keeping the mascara. It's the only mascara that actually makes my lashes look long and I'm impressed. (I am still using LL, but it doesn't seem to be doing much for me any more after I shed the first batch of long lashes. Sad!)

Ok, I took a pic on the day I put the mascara on, so you could see.

And here's a pic without any mascara:

I give this mascara two thumbs up.
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
It may be just me but I can't see the pics. I am currently on the hunt for a new mascara so I would love to see your before and after. Anybody else having trouble seeing these?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I had to delete the pics because I posted my company's x-mas party pics in my photobucket album and sent the link to everyone who attended the x-mas party. Well, at the end of the slideshow, my lash pics showed up. Embarassed I tried to just move the pics to another folder, but that didn't solve the prob, so I had to delete them altogether.

Maybe I can create a new account to post all my before and after pics, so they won't get mixed up with real pics.

Here's the link from the Avon web site:
http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.asp?src_page=product_list.asp&level1_id=300&level2_id=301&pdept_id=510&dept_id=&pf_id=31611

Also, I put the mascara on again this morning to show my co-worker, but I didn't spend enough time using the white primer with fiber. I didn't get the same length as when I originally tried it on 12/14. So I guess if you want extra long lashes, you can't forego the white primer.

NOTE: In case anyone wonders, I am not selling any Avon products, and am not a representative. I have tried a few Avon products, and I returned most of the skincare items. They don't seem to work for me.
Seaera
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Wow - this sounds great! I'll have to give it a try sometime, Avon usually has good prices.
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
I also got this mascara on sale and was impressed. It does lengthen very well and adds some volume. I am blonde and got the black. When I reordered I tried the plum or purple colour. I paid $6.99 on sale. IIRC the regular cost is $12.00.

I recommened the black. The plum colour just does NOT show up as plum/purple at all. It looks more brownish.

I agree with bkkgirl about Avon skin care. Most of it just is not very effective. I recently purchased the Eye Lift cream (with two in one jar). I got it on special with other makeup but the regular Cdn price is $35.00. For that sort of $$ I could spend a few more bucks and get something that works!
beti
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
I think I might try this,sounds good!
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:19 am      Reply with quote
I really like Avon's mascara. I use their Astonishing Lengths. It works fast meaning I don't have to apply a million coats. The price is right. I think the Longest Lashes Ever sounds interesting. Does it stay on in the snow?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry - just got back from vacation. I don't know if it stays on in the snow or not since I live in sunny S.Cali. Laughing But if I wash it off, it does come off in plain water and facial soap. Removing the mascara was easy.
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:59 am      Reply with quote
doohicus wrote:
I really like Avon's mascara. I use their Astonishing Lengths. It works fast meaning I don't have to apply a million coats. The price is right. I think the Longest Lashes Ever sounds interesting. Does it stay on in the snow?

I live in Ontario, Canada. It does seem to be "weather proof". I can't say waterproof (and I don't like having to remove waterproof mascara). I wear contacts and it does not seem to bother my eyes, removes easily (I usually use Vichy Calming cleanser).

I just purchased two more tubes of BLACK. I had tried the plum and it is really NOT plum or purpleish at all.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Jeeeeeez! Why do I always miss the pictures? How come everybody takes the pictures away so fast?

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:44 am      Reply with quote
Too bad that the Avon collection is so much slower in Europe. I always covet things from the US that are not available in Europe yet.

On the other side, there are plenty of reviews available once the product is here.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I heard from Lucyluc who heard from an Avon rep that they're discontinuing this particular mascara. Sad I still like my Max Factor Lash Perfection a lot, too, and it goes on without clumping. I know it's definitely more than 3 months old, but it still works, so I am keeping it.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I tried buying this mascara and it was no longer on the Avon web-site. EBay here we come.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought this on Ebay. Probably should have skipped it since it's discontinued but I'm a sucker for cheap mascara.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Yes - got mine on ebay also. Had to have it Laughing
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah. I also had to have that JM Booster. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:02 am      Reply with quote
is this a water resistant one or the other..and what do u use to take it off

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Recieved the longest lash today and YES it does rock... Best lash product I've ever used for the short term result.

I recommend it absolutely.

sis
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think it is water resistant
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Nope, not waterproof. I don't use waterproof mascaras after reading that it's bad for your lashes. My lashes are so fragile I have to baby them. The mascara comes off easily with just water and cleanser. Very Happy
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I really like this mascara and have purchased a few times.

I just noticed in my Canadian Avon book #11 that this mascara is on sale BUT with the note "Last time in Brochure"

So, if you like this one, stock up!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it's gone from the site.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Yes, it's gone from the site.

I've bought several of these and stashed them away. Then I discovered the Neutrogena Healthy Volume with olive oil and I've not used my Avon since.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Oh - now I have to try this.... I have three of the Avon and I do like them... But - well, it's always good to have your next step covered.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
It is one of the most natural lush mascaras I've ever used. However, if you use a rich cream underneath, you might have some smudging. I've noticed that on the days I use the Valmont *waiting for KH* I get smudgy. But the look is natural, lush, thick and very pretty and I like the olive oil in there. Your lashes don't get that sticky, crunchy feeling.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |