Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Best mask for sensitive, oily, hormonal acne skin types?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rcascone
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Clay Mask?
Aspirin Mask?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Decleor Clay and Herbal Mask is great for oily, sensitive skin.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I like Dermalogica's skin refining mask.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:53 am      Reply with quote
Big thumbs up for aspirin mask
miki
5% products discount

Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
I also love the aspirin mask. The basic recipe calls for just water and aspirin, but I add honey or aloe sometimes.
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:55 am      Reply with quote
i use a mask which contains fuller's earth. really great at drawing out the oil and makes my face feel really fresh. my skin can be somewhat sensitive, so i only put it on for no longer than 10 mins and only once a week.

some really sensitive skins might not be able to tolerate fuller's earth , but i believe normal clay masks are slightly milder and would be a good alternative.

hth! Smile
Bunny7475
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Having had lots of problems with masks breaking me out WORSE, I stopped using them for a while. My esthetician recommended Proactiv's Sulfur mask. At first I thought NO WAY b/c I had a horrible reaction to the Proactiv system, but I gave it a try. Once again I thought I got a bad reaction straight away, but I decided to give it a few chances before chucking it and now I am fairly happy with the results. I only use a very thin layer and I apply while my skin is still damp; that seems to have made the difference. I think you just have to be careful b/c clay masks can be very strong and too drying. Also, don't forget to moisturize after using them.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Sisley's Express flower gel is really good for hydrating.
Sothy's Absorbant mask is good for cleansing.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
I'm happy with Cellcosmet Precious, but I think asprin might be good also.

Maybe you can PM yeahyeah. I think she uses asprin.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:47 am      Reply with quote
Valmont Purifying Mask is excellent.

5% products discount

Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Boscia's Detoxifying Mask--and i have found it to not be drying like other masks. It goes on smooth and it is not become hard like other masks do.
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Cellcosmet anti stress mask!!! It gives a matt finish with a glow, doesn't cause acne or pimples. And is appropriate for sensitive skin! I happen to have VERY sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate it at all! Highly Recommended!!
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:46 am      Reply with quote
How can I make aspirin mask?
aa6660
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
It can be as simple as water and aspirin or you can add other ingredients such as honey, yogurt, cleaner, moisturizer, etc.

I just use aspirin and water, so I'll let someone who uses additional comments tell you how they make theirs. (Copied and pasted from an email to my sister)

For mine:
Aspirin is really acetylsalicylic acid so it is very similar to using salicylic acid (found in lot of products). I did mine while I was taking a longer bath. First I shampooed my hair, washed my face with normal cleaner, and then put conditioner on. Then I took 4 aspirin (just buy the generic ones – may say compare to the ingredients in Bayer) and added a few drops of water to them in the palm of my hand. I then started mashing them up with my finger, adding more drops of water as necessary until I got a paste. Then you just apply to your face. It has some grit to it, so I massaged it in each section like I was exfoliating. You just need a thin layer – 4 aspirin was the perfect amount for me. I did my face and neck. I ended up leaving it on about 10 - 15 minutes while I did other stuff in the bath. Then just rinse and put on your moisturizer.
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
aa6660 thank you very much for your kindness.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Clay-Neem Treatment by Earth to Body

http://www.earthtobody.ca/products/clayneem.cfm

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
SkinCeuticals Clarifying Clay Masque

http://www.astonishingskincare.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=12358
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:27 am      Reply with quote
when applying a clay mask..do you let it dry almost completely?

i heard somewhere (not sure if true) that it is bad to leave it dry completely..because the toxins originally drawed out from your skin (when mask is moist) will be put back into your skin if you leave it to dry...

but almost all clay mask instructions tell you to let dry...

somewhat confused! Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Aspirin mask is bha. If you have sensitive skin, use low% of it first.
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:58 am      Reply with quote
I also recommend the aspirin mask. I recently bought Juice Beauty Blemish Serum - and it made me break out. sigh. (anyone want a 95% full bottle of Blemish Serum?) Anyway, the aspirin mask seemed to undo the damage and really seemed to help. There are tons of recipes on the DIY forum and elsewhere. I've been using a pill crusher to crush 4 uncoated aspirins. Then I play. I add a couple of drops of saline. I add some sugar. Maybe I add honey. or Vit. C powder. or yogurt.... you get the idea. I even added some Dr. Hauschka clay mask powder the other day. I have no idea what I'm doing to the potency of any of these ingredients by mixing it all up, but it sure is fun! Laughing And most importantly, my skin looks really good. And for someone who has been breaking out on a regular basis since I was 21 (I'm 39 now), that's saying something. So I'm a believer.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
aprilha wrote:
when applying a clay mask..do you let it dry almost completely?

i heard somewhere (not sure if true) that it is bad to leave it dry completely..because the toxins originally drawed out from your skin (when mask is moist) will be put back into your skin if you leave it to dry...

but almost all clay mask instructions tell you to let dry...

somewhat confused! Confused

I'm not sure that something that is dry can penetrate your skin, but what do I know. I have heard that you can keep a clay mask moist by spritzing it with a hydrosol or water as it drys, so I don't think there's a problem with rinsing off a mask while it's damp. It makes sense that the more moist something is, the better it is able to penetrate the skin.

Another mask that deep cleans and makes pores look smaller is Bliss Steep Clean, this does not dry and get hard. It's great followed by their Triple Oxygen mask as an at-home facial.
rabbitpig
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
Valmont Purifying Mask is excellent.

same!
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:46 am      Reply with quote
I use a eucalyptus clay mask every now and then. It tightens my skin like a facelift. I love it. Does not cost very much,,,,

rcascone wrote:
Clay Mask?
Aspirin Mask?
mina1
5% products discount

Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
There's too many kinds of masks out there I would like to try but my favs so far are these:

Queen Helene Mint Masque I do this weekly and leave on for 20 mins and wash off

Aztec Clay mask is great for drawing impurities

Homemade Recipies on several sites works well too. The Yogourt mixed with either Ground Flaxseed/Oatmeal to create an exfoliation after the mask dries off.
pink_apple
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
Valmont Renewing Pack is awesome on any skin type.
Try Declor' rub-off clay mask that can help on your skin, too. But instead of rubbing off, you better wash off the clay once it drys out to avoid any possible irritation on your skin.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |