Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help deep lines above my lips
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

Ok...a couple of years ago. I went to get electrolysis because of facial hair on my upper lip. I started noticing in my 20's that I was getting lines on my upper lip on the left side. I had gotten burned there from the electrolysis. Well...I've noticed that they've only gotten worse this past year. Does anyone know how to lessen them? They look worse when I am drinking a cup or from a straw. I'm only 35 years old. I've been using sunscreen since I was 21. Crying or Very sad I use the Super GHK 5x's a week and the cp serum 2x a week. I used tazorac 4x's a night with the Super GHK and lactic acid 2x a night with the cp serum. I also use the NCN pumpkin peel. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Oh...I use a matrixyl serum every morning.
nyamyj
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have found that my lip wrinkles have decreased greatly when I realized I wasn't relaxing my lip. Any stress I was experiencing throughout the day was being expressed with my lips. I've become conscious of this and now notice I don't purse my lips most of the time. In addition I use Dr. Hauschka lip care stick under my lipstick during the day and the lip balm at night.

good luck.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:33 am      Reply with quote
skincarefreak.....i have the same problem.....i had electrolysis done in the upper lip area a couple of times within the past two years........and i start noticing lines there after second electrolysis in the area or so......the good thing is the electrologist hasnt gone over board in the area and she zaps about 3-4 hairs on each side or so when i go in for the session every 3-4 weeks. And I am still going for the session....this area is actually not a concern of mine but i thought i get it done anyway......however these lines occuring are a concern..........
i actually posted this concern on one of the forums for electrolysis and i was told this occur cause my skin happend to be very dry......i took this suggestion because well the lines dont appear all the time......when my skin is moisturized and hydrated the lines are not visible at all.......however if i had an electrolysis session or on dry skin days or if i been smiling alot on a day then there are faint lines....

these lines are really concern for me as im only 23! but thank god they are not very deeep at all......also i was told on the forum that the lines will not occur once i have stopped electrolysis altogether so im hoping this.....
but reading about your story here ....... hmmmmm m abit concerned

anyway currently i just try and keep the area moisturized and mssage in upward strokes from mouth to nose silkia camelia oil there or whatever moisturizer im using...

but im looking for other suggestions on the side as well so keep em coming....

also i think since this area is not really a concern for me in terms of hair il try and stop electrolysis there.......but its a great feeeling and soo nice to be permanantly hair free but i certainly dont want this at the expense of looking aged in that area.... Confused Sad Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi nyamyj,

I don't really purse my lips, but I do need to keep them hydrated. I will keep that in mind. I think the drinking from a straw doesn't help, because one of the lines is diagonal
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
simran wrote:
skincarefreak.....i have the same problem.....i had electrolysis done in the upper lip area a couple of times within the past two years........and i start noticing lines there after second electrolysis in the area or so......the good thing is the electrologist hasnt gone over board in the area and she zaps about 3-4 hairs on each side or so when i go in for the session every 3-4 weeks. And I am still going for the session....this area is actually not a concern of mine but i thought i get it done anyway......however these lines occuring are a concern..........
i actually posted this concern on one of the forums for electrolysis and i was told this occur cause my skin happend to be very dry......i took this suggestion because well the lines dont appear all the time......when my skin is moisturized and hydrated the lines are not visible at all.......however if i had an electrolysis session or on dry skin days or if i been smiling alot on a day then there are faint lines....

these lines are really concern for me as im only 23! but thank god they are not very deeep at all......also i was told on the forum that the lines will not occur once i have stopped electrolysis altogether so im hoping this.....
but reading about your story here ....... hmmmmm m abit concerned

anyway currently i just try and keep the area moisturized and mssage in upward strokes from mouth to nose silkia camelia oil there or whatever moisturizer im using...

but im looking for other suggestions on the side as well so keep em coming....

also i think since this area is not really a concern for me in terms of hair il try and stop electrolysis there.......but its a great feeeling and soo nice to be permanantly hair free but i certainly dont want this at the expense of looking aged in that area.... Confused Sad Embarassed

Simran,

I started electrolysis when I was 15 years old (I'm of middle eastern descent). I think my lines started from the burns that I would get. Anyhow, I haven't had it don't for a while...almost 3 yrs. My upper lip isn't that bad anymore. I'm pretty sure if was from the electrolysis. Anyhow, I'm going to keep using the matrixyl and the copper and I'll see how things go.
ginderella
5% products discount

Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Check out the lips2kiss threads. There are 2 going and the system addresses the upper lip lines.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
There is another thread Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=3625
This thread discusses taking HA capsules internally for lips....
Plus you can do lip exercises.
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
The best thing I've found is DPL. Daily use since August has helped reduce these annoying lines, along with a wide range of other benefits, more than any product.

Bought mine from NCN on sale. Definitely worth the investment.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:41 am      Reply with quote
ginderella wrote:
Check out the lips2kiss threads. There are 2 going and the system addresses the upper lip lines.

Ditto. L2K is very good for reducing upper lip lines.
Rubby

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Ladies,

Rubby and ginderella,
I went on the lip2kiss website, but couldn't find a new list of ingredients. Do you know where I can find them? I guess my point is that I don't want to use any line relaxers like gabba or argireline. Do you know if those ingredients are used? I will definately look into this one. Thanks.

mpstat: I will also look into the HA capsules as well. I will look on that thread.

arya2: I would look into this, but I'm photosensitive to the sun. I'd have to find out how much the nanometers are first.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
The best thing to do to get the list of ingredients for the L2K line is to talk directly to Kandis at L2K. She is great at answering questions and explaining how things work.
Good luck!
Rubby

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
The best thing to do to get the list of ingredients for the L2K line is to talk directly to Kandis at L2K. She is great at answering questions and explaining how things work.
Good luck!
Rubby

I'll do that. Thanks
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:58 am      Reply with quote
For those ladies looking for an alternative and safe method of facial hair removal, may I suggest threading. I've always been careful about using heat around my face. I don't use electrolysis and I don't like waxing for the heat and tugging motion as it causes skin to losen and sag in the long term, especially the brow area... Embarassed

There are posts on EDS about this ancient Asian/ Indian method of hair removal. I like it as it achieves a really clean lip line that other methods can't. It is chemical-free, almost pain free (depending on your threshold), and results last 2 - 4 weeks. I mainly use threading on my lip area but I've also used it to remove facial hair (sides of face). My sister has tried laser hair removal for it's permanant results but prefers threading as it's free (we're each other's best clients Laughing) but mainly as it has no adverse effects to the cause. Why would you want premature lines when you're trying to just get rid of unwanted hair. Mad
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:50 am      Reply with quote
summertimegirl wrote:
For those ladies looking for an alternative and safe method of facial hair removal, may I suggest threading. I've always been careful about using heat around my face. I don't use electrolysis and I don't like waxing for the heat and tugging motion as it causes skin to losen and sag in the long term, especially the brow area... Embarassed

There are posts on EDS about this ancient Asian/ Indian method of hair removal. I like it as it achieves a really clean lip line that other methods can't. It is chemical-free, almost pain free (depending on your threshold), and results last 2 - 4 weeks. I mainly use threading on my lip area but I've also used it to remove facial hair (sides of face). My sister has tried laser hair removal for it's permanant results but prefers threading as it's free (we're each other's best clients Laughing) but mainly as it has no adverse effects to the cause. Why would you want premature lines when you're trying to just get rid of unwanted hair. Mad

Hi summertime girl,

Is threading permanent though?
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
No -- read her post again. Results last 2-4 weeks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Try the lips 2 kiss system or restylane injections. IMO these are the only two that would help.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
No, the results of threading aren't permanant but I prefer that as I like having it done. Smile I start noticing the beginnings of hairs after three weeks but this is something I'm willing to put up with. Friends have also reported a darkening of their upper lip area after getting these other procedures. I guess being Asian, we are partial to anything that avoids discolouration of the skin as it's so noticable on our faces. Cool Apart from cost, I'd rather have threading done as you can trust it. All it costs is a spool of cotton thread and a really good thorough threading method and you're set. I think the money I save in expensive hair removal I justify spending on skincare products. Wink
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
For threading on yourself, you can use a cheap item called the Epicare. There is a discussion thread here at the EDS Forum. I got a knock off of the Epicare for even less on Ebay. I love it and have gotten ones for friends as well.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |