Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Acne
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Matherton
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hello!
Anyone have any advice on Acne products , seem to have tried everything out there!
My latest thing was Proactiv...but no luck..any help would be appriciated.
mark a
Mabsy

Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried products with a combination of Glycolic and Salicylic acid at all?
farouk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:46 am      Reply with quote
hi there

what about the sage acne try me kit?

havent tried it but everyone's going mad for it on makeupalley.com!

hope this helps. Dermalogica's antibac skin wash and medicated clearing gel are fab too.

Go to dermalogica.com and do some research, you can also email one of their therapists who will give you the entire lowdown.

warmest regards

farouk
Caspers Mum

Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Perhaps you could provide more specifics about your skin, so that appropriate recommendations may be made. Sometimes, people use products too agressively. I would like to be able to advise you accordingly.
VegasGirl
5% products discount

Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Too bad about the Proactiv -- did you try it for at least 2 weeks? I didn't think it would work initially either but now I am convinced its the only thing that works for me. I even used to go to a dermatologist for prescription medication like Differin and other products. The prescript brands never worked for me so I finally decided on Proactiv as my last attempt. It took about 3 weeks but it really and truly cleared my skin up completely. My problem areas were around the mouth and chin and I would always break out with like 3 zits at one time in the same area. Real pretty! I now get maybe 1 zit every 2 months, no joke. Now, when I do get that one zit, I spot treat it with Clearasil "Total Control" spot treatment. It cuts the lifetime of the zit down to like half the time or better. I put a big gob of the stuff right on the zit and let it dry that way while I sleep. Its a lifesaver.
Cool
indianT
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Matherton

why don't you try Murad Problem skin products. It cleared up my minor breakouts in almost 2 weeks. It has a cleanser which is excellent b/c has a cooling effect. Then comes the Exfoliating Gel and then the skin perfecting lotion. I used the cleanser and lotion and worked for me. They have a starter kit which includes a spot treatment also along with the other 3 prodcuts.
May help with your acne.
MyOwnLittleWorld
5% products discount

Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Erm... I'm kinda scared b/c I'm new and I don't know if y'all are into natural alternatives... but just in case I'll post one which is starting too work for my (moderate) acne, and is doing wonders for everyone over at pioneerthinking.com. (There's 12 pages just for the topic!!) Anyway, this mask is wonderful for pulling the "seed" out of your acne and sucking out excess oil.

You'll need:

Chickpea Flour (Found for cheap at health food and Indian stores)
Water
Anything that compliments your skin type (example: honey to moisturize, lemon or tumeric to lighten scars, etc. My skin is very sensitive and I add milk or heavy cream to stop it from turning red.)

Mix the ingredients until it is a fairly even consistancy, not too runny not too dry.

The mask will cement your face together, and is uncomfortable for some people, so do this when you know you won't be talking to anyone. Talking will cause the mask to crack, rub together, and irritate your skin. Even better, if it doesn't bother you, wear it overnight. Wash off gently, without scrubbing. This will take awhile, but be patient. I like filling a large bowl with warm water, take a deep breath, and putting my whole face inside for as long as I can, and repeating until the whole mask has "melted" off. If you have dry skin, follow up with almond oil or a good moisturizer.

Eek, I hope someone actually tries this after all that, lol. Laughing Well, good luck with your acne!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Wow !
Thanks for all the replies!
I've not really tried the Glycolic/Salicylic yet as i have'nt found the right products , or strengths.
I did the Sage acne kit about 5 months ago and it seemed to make things worse , maybe it was because there were to many products , but anyway i found that my skin became red and looked irritated. The Dermatalogica stuff sounds intersting though....i like the idea of a gel.
My skin type is Sensitive/Dry...with acne...an intersting combo.I does'nt seem to change much but get irritated easily(which is why the Sage did'nt work i think).
Proactiv was my last "product" and worked initally(i used it for 3 months) but seemed to over irritate my skin and i had huge red flaky areas which burnt (my sister uses proactiv also and has had amazing results)...i will get some of the Clearasil spot treatment though..sounds good , i'm glad is working for you Vegas girl!
Murad is the one acne kit i have'nt tried yet....i think i may give it a shot , sounds like the same idea a combination therapy...i like that!
Chickpea mask sounds intersting...natural alternatives are awsome!!!!maybe if i get up the courage i will try it!!!
Thanks again for all the replies.....the hunt goes on!
PussyKat

Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hello! Very Happy I am new to this format and would like to help all those who suffer from acne. These are the products I have found that help keep acne in check. 100% Lactoferrin kills the bacteria internally that causes the acne. The only one I have found that works can be purchased throughwww.metafoods.com. Make sure you get the 100% Lactoferrin. The soap I have found that keeps my skin clear is called Mimosa soap. Mimosa soap can be purchased throughwww.yabeauty.com. Serious Skin Care products can be ordered throughwww.hsn.com. The products I like the most are Dry-Lo this product drys up the blemishes fast. The Unmasked sulfur mask with 8% sulfur is excellent too. I also like products with saylicylic acid. You can purchase a 5% and 20% peel throughwww.naturalskinshop.com. Be prepared to stay home for about 4 or 5 days if you do the 20% peel. Your face will not get red but it will peel! Shock There is now a new laser treatment for scarring called Cool Laser. Dr. Ourian in Beverly hills co-invented this laser. Down time is only a few days and one would have 3 treatments 3 months apart. You can find info on Cool Laser atwww.epione.com. Good luck! Laughing
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:09 am      Reply with quote
Salicylic-Glycolic Exfoliating Cleansers, take your pick:

BiOn

GiveMe5

CamoCare

Murad

Peter Thomas Roth

Total Skin Care

SkinMedica

Or you can put one on during the daytime (BHA) and the other (AHA) at night:

Paula's Choice AHA
Paula's Choice BHA
Less Patchy
5% products discount

Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't like ProActiv.

I prefer Serious Skin Continuously Clear products. You can order the entire line or various combinations of products over the shopping channel in Canada. (They're featured this weekend) I only need to use these products during breakouts. I regularly spot treat with Dry-Lo, another Serious Skin product.

I've also just started using Cellex C Clear Complexion foaming gel cleanser, and blemish-fighting formula for acne prone skin (kind of like a toner). They contain peppermint and eucalyptus (I love the smell) and are non-irritating to my skin. I can't say how effective it is yet because I'm still using the SS acne stuff. Once my acne settles I'll stop SS and stick with the CC products.
Matherton
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
thats intersting about cellex-c Less Patchy! I've seen them on Tv but never knew they made an acne line!
eSquire415 thanks for all the links!!!!i am in the process of checking them out ...research is fun!
People really seem to like Serious skin care products...worth checking out i think.
Anyone have any success with MD Formulations?
Mabsy

Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:33 am      Reply with quote
Well, I've had good results with the MDF products but I wouldn't say that I suffer from acne much (the occasional pimple or two). It worked really well for me to get rid of those annoying little bumps under the skin though. I've found their Clearing Complex to be a very good spot treatment for pimples as well.
VegasGirl
5% products discount

Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
You guys have gotten me interested in trying Dry-Lo as well. I wanna see if its better than the Clearasil Acne Crisis Clear-up.

But I really wanted to add just one thing that I forgot to mention earlier. This will sound gross but I seriously was so lazy about changing my pillow case in my teen years and early twenties. Like, I could go for a month or two without changing the thing. I know, gross! But I heard somewhere that changing it constantly really helps to combat acne and it was SO right. I can't say which really worked the best because I started doing this at the same time I started ProActiv but I make sure to never sleep on the same pillow case side more than once. Meaning, I change my pillow case every two days now, sleeping on each side only once and I really, really think that's something other acne sufferers should try as well, it just might be the solution for you. Like I mentioned earlier, I only get 1 zit a month now or less and I used to have a real problem with it and went to a dermatologist for years but nothing changed for me until I started doing this stuff. Hope this helps.
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Matherton wrote:
thats intersting about cellex-c Less Patchy! I've seen them on Tv but never knew they made an acne line!
eSquire415 thanks for all the links!!!!i am in the process of checking them out ...research is fun!
People really seem to like Serious skin care products...worth checking out i think.
Anyone have any success with MD Formulations?

You're welcome. And here's more that I found in my search.

Super-Skin Alpha Beta Acne Gel
NextDerm Acne Gel
GLY-SAL PADS
DCL Alpha Beta
Donell Alpha Beta Acne Gel
DDF Glyco Sal Gel
VegasGirl
5% products discount

Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
AND with my wonderful $50 gift certificate to Essential Day Spa I ordered DDF zit cream with sulfur as well as Murad Acne Spot Treatment (could you tell I had a zit when poking through the products online?) -- I will let you know how they work out for me! Thanks again EDS!!!

VegasGirl
Matherton
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
well after much thinking..i've gone and ordered proactiv again! You may ask why? the simple reason i decided to give it a second shot...my sister is having incredible results and tells me stick with it for 2 months.
However i'm also going to order the Murad acne complex and alternate between the two and see how it goes...will keep you all updated on what happens...and thatnks again..this is a great information finder! Very Happy
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Matherton, I stuck with the ProActive for 2 months and it didn't work for me. Too bad because their ingredients are actually pretty good and the price is reasonable (although they say there are ProActive alternatives for less). I went pass the 60 day money back guarantee so I didn't get a refund! Mad

The Murad line doesn't look impressive to me. There are better products out there. I doubt if it's working. Murad seems expensive too. So can you give us an update?
pretty_witch

Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:23 am      Reply with quote
*Edited by Mabsy to remove advertising content*
moshimoshi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:42 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
VegasGirl:

"But I heard somewhere that changing it [the pillowcase] constantly really helps to combat acne and it was SO right."

I totally agreed with VegasGirl. I was advised by my derm to follow religously about these Acne "etiquettes"...

1. Do not pick at the pimples.
2. Change the pillow cases frequently (every 2-3 days)
3. Use facial tissues to gently dab away the water after cleansing (the bacteria tends to hide/stay in the facial cloth)
4. Use your hands to wash the face (most facial cloth's texture is bit harsh on the sensitive acne skin and may possibly spread the bacteria if you rub too hard)
5. When using facial scrub, scrub gently to avoid spreading of the bacteria all over the face
6. Tie the hair back in a ponytail and wash it more often
7. Drink lots of water
8. Get enough sleep (try sleeping faceup and avoid covering the face with sheets/comforter/pillows; the warmth created by covering may help "breeding" of the bacteria)

That's all I can think of for now Smile
Gingerly
5% products discount

Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:24 am      Reply with quote
I posted this on another thread, but I found this info. from Prevention Magazine very helpful:
http://www.prevention.com/cda/feature2002/0,2479,s1-5489,00.html?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |