Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone try mandelic acid?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kitkat3ny

Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I've been reading this thread at acne.org
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=6094&hl=mandelic+acid

This post is a journal and info on people journey from 6/03 to the present and how mandelic acid changed thieir skin, cleared the acne and dark scars where nothing else was working.

I'm kinda skeptical but I think i'll ask my derm about it. I believe everyone got their mandelic fromwww.skincarerx.com use the drop box and look for nucelle products.

I'm so curious and almost tempted to just purchase it.

Anyone try this?

Kat
farouk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:31 am      Reply with quote
hi kitkat

im gonna disappoint you...but dont buy this. i purchased this from skincarerx.com, and it didnt do a thing.

i guess my initial suspicions were right...it was too cheap to be true. i bought the cleanser which left my skin matte but didnt touch my acne. i wasnt too bothered because i thought the 10% serum would help, but i was wrong there too.

the best thing ive tried for acne is Yon-Ka's Juvenil. Chunlisa has also reviewed it and thinks its a godsend. Go to makeupalley.com for reviews on this, and check out the Sage - Acne try me kit - loadsa people have reviewed this too there and have all raved.

Currently im about receive Mineral Cleansing Concentrate - which is from Eminence Organic Skincare - its got the same ingredients in it as Yon-Ka's Juvenil so i think it might do the trick. But its bloody expensive - 38.99 USD Shock (excl. shipping) for only 125ml Shock Shock (which is nothing for a cleanser really). I was told that the products are really, really concentrated so you need a lot less cleanser than you normally would Smile .

Check out watergrassdayspa.com because they sell this line and when you buy one thing will send you loadsa samples Very Happy so you can try out the entire range.

I hope this helps, get back to me if you need more info. But if youve got acne (and money Exclamation ) id really go for Juvenil, and the Mineral Cleansing Concentrate from Eminence.

Warmest regards

farouk
crinklecut
5% products discount

Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:55 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the Mandelic Acid Serum 15% by Nucelle every morning for about 4 years to control oily skin and breakouts. The trick to its effectiveness is that the longer you use it, the better it works--also, I'd go for the 15%, not 10%. There's no question that it substantially decreases the frequency of blemishes and those annoying plugged pores that feel like little bumps just beneath the surface of the skin. It also clarifies pore texture. I have very sensitive skin, so I apply the 15% serum over my moisturizer to circumvent possible irritation/flaking, as the 15% packs a punch. The bottom line is that I've been zit free for years Very Happy. However, I stopped using the serum several weeks ago when I decided to try out a slew of new skin products. At his very moment I have 3 very monster zits, the likes of which I haven't seen since high school Embarassed .

And dats da truuuth.

crinklecut ~~~
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:23 am      Reply with quote
i recently came acrosswww.soulreflexions.com for eminence organics products. they are in canada, and all of their prices are in canadian, and are much lower than the prices i've found in the states.
kitkat3ny

Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all your replies. I am dissapointed to read that the mandelic acid didn't work for you. Actually I haven't read to many stories where it didn't work. How long did you use it for? It did absolutely nothing? I'm going to check out the site you listed.

cringlecut- What a testimony. You used this product for 4yrs? Did you only use the serum or have you tried the cleanser, toner, spf, etc.?
crinklecut
5% products discount

Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Nah, I only used the 15% mandelic acid serum once a day in the morning. I have some friends who use the serum for adult acne and like it so much they buy it for their teenage kids to control breakouts--an inexpensive alternative to harsh topicals and prescription meds. I'm still using the same bottle I bought years ago because a little goes a long way Wink . Below is a little info I copied from www.skincarerx.com:

"Mandelic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid derived from the bitter almond, is not a widely used AHA in the cosmetic industry. It is, however, no stranger to the scientific community. Due to its natural antibacterial properties, mandelic acid is used in oral drugs to help sterilize urine and treat urinary tract infections. This alpha hydroxy acid has some unique characteristics that make it a very promising topical agent, too. With a pKa of 3.41, mandelic acid is a stronger acid than glycolic acid (3.83), yet the large molecule structure and even penetration of mandelic acid make it substantially less irritating than glycolic acid. The gentle nature of mandelic acid reduces the risk of inflammation that can sometimes occur with alpha hydroxy acid use. This quality allows those with sensitive skin, who cannot normally tolerate glycolic acid, to use AHAs - at even higher concentrations. It also makes it suitable for use on darker skin types who are at high risk for postinflammatory hyperpigmentation. The natural antibacterial properties and non-irritating nature of mandelic acid make it the ideal AHA for those trying to treat rosacea or acne."
fenn
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:26 am      Reply with quote
I've been using a 10% malic acid+10% mandelic acid lotion for the past month a couple of nights a week and it seems to have greatly refined the texture of my skin. I have normal-dry, fine-pored skin that is prone to fine lines and this product have helped. However I still haven't quite figured out if it's the malic doing the job or the mandelic too. This product is not for the sentitive skin though. My skin which can take almost any acid and retinol products always peels the next day after an overnight application of the lotion. All in all, a pretty effective product especially compared to the crappy La prairie booster which costs $150 and did close to nothing. Bah.

Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:37 am      Reply with quote
lamicuz wrote:
i recently came acrosswww.soulreflexions.com for eminence organics products. they are in canada, and all of their prices are in canadian, and are much lower than the prices i've found in the states.

Thanks Lamicuz, their prices are much lower that the ones on US sites. It's funny, I just found out about this site from Farouk (thanks Farouk!) today as well. Must be a sign that I need to purchase some Eminence Hungarian Herbal Mud Treatment Laughing I just emailed them and shall be making a purchase tomorrow.

Btw,www.beautymatters.ca also has pretty good prices on Eminence. I ordered from them before and they have really good customer service. My parcel actually got lost (the first one ever, but not their fault - just one of those things) and they quickly resent my products. They were very nice to deal with. They don't have the Hungarian Herbal Mud Treatment though Sad I will purchase Eminence from them again though because I really do appreciate good customer service (which is what keeps me coming back to EDS as well).

Mabsy
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I tried GOW Mandelic Acid 10% nightly for about 1-2wks... I'm not sure if my skin is too sensitive or what but I started to peel and have even more tiny breakouts like small bumps. I stopped using it for awhile and it's all good now. I don't know if it's the purging or what....
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I use and love Vivant 15% Mandelic - a skin saviour imho.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried the M2 skincare line and really like it.

Also am using Nucelle Mandelic Marine lotion with 10 or 12% mandelic acid.

It is not harsh on my skin and no peeling happened.
Atiyya
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Look into M2 Skin Technologies HP Skin Refinish 20%- thats 20% mandelic acid.I have heard great things about it and read great reviews some bad but the good ones out weight the bad.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |