Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osmosis and Pure Skin Junkie results
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I've been missing in action for awhile but wanted to report my experiences with both lines.

I started with mostly PSJ and had great results - firmer skin, smoother, pores became much smaller, noticeable to guy family members. I'd used:
Osmosis gentle cleanser
PSJ Youth
PSJ Cellular Serum
Osmosis Clarify in summer for the oily skin.

The only down side was I was still a bit oily but it was much improved. I'm 57 and still oily when it's hot.

I decided to give Osmosis an exclusive try and have been using it exclusively for 4 days. I'm using:
Gentle Cleanser
Renew
Replenish
Boost - 2xweek

Wow! The Boost REALLY exfoliates over then next day or two of using it. I'll put it aside until I use the Renew Replenish for 2 weeks.

So far, I notice the slight orange-y look from the Renew that some people mentioned. Didn't have that with PSJ. These products feel more active on my skin - I can feel the slight tightening and pores are purging a bit more which is impressive since I've been using it's "cousin" PSJ for 5 months.

My skin feels "drier" because more skin is being exfoliated than with PSJ, I have little "things" that are coming to the surface and purging - some milia that is surfacing too.

Oh, forgot to mention that I use PSJ C Powder with both lines. I like the PSJ powder shaker better than the capsules from Osmosis but I believe it's the same C.

I'll report back in another week and tell those interested how I'm doing. What I notice so far is that PSJ improved my skin within a few days; it looks like Osmosis will take a couple weeks of purging before I can comment on results. Right now, my skin is obviously transitioning and it's not a BAD look but not instant improvement.

I do have high hopes that Osmosis will "do" more than Pure Skin Junkie. We'll see.

Lexy

PS - I was an ISClinical junkie before switching to these lines. I like both of them better than ISC! For me, anyway.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lexy,

You'll find your skin will normalize with Osmosis after a bit, I was drier too. Now I can use the cleanser & my skin feels normal. Don't like the small amounts in the bottles though, really gets used up fast. They'd better come up with larger bottles.Haven't tried the boost, just the renew & replenish.
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
It's true the bottles don't last long. I only use one pump and it lasts a bit longer that way - maybe 6-8 weeks.

So do you like Osmosis better than ISC or anything else you've tried?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
So far, I like it. It's a lot more potent that ISC ever was. With my skin, I could probably still use active serum under it...not the first 2 weeks though, my skin was really tight. I'm only using it once a day till I finish off my C serums. Osmosis contains GHK. Are you using it twice a day? Thanks for the tip on the one pump, but I think I may have a big face Rolling Eyes Another way would be to mix one pump of each instead of layering them.
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Really? You have some durable skin there, Marina. Wink

I've been told that mixing instead of layering is a good option - it doesn't make a difference (they say).

With the not so healthy cookies and chocolate I've been eating(NOT MY FAULT), I may have to wait a couple weeks or more to see what kind of skin I end up with.

I'm surprised that Osmosis isn't as "hot" as, say, ISC. Doesn't seem to be a bandwagon anywhere in site. Except for you and me!
havana8

Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting, my dry skin initially responded by becoming an oil slick the first few days after which it normalized very quickly. I do mix some of them together to tone down the orangey look. Laughing But, having said that, I've noticed that the colour deposit from the products on my light colouring has become less apparent over time than it was for the first few months. It's still there but really quite slight now.

I like the Osmosis Gentle Cleanser but can't use it every day without my skin starting to feel dry.
goldie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
You two are definitely starting to intrigue me -- I've gone out and looked at the Osmosis web site to learn more about the philosophy and products. This one definitely sounds promising.

I have been using Yonka (which I love), but was starting to feel the need to try something new. I think I may just give this one a try.

Thanks for all the info ladies!!!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Alexis52 wrote:
Really? You have some durable skin there, Marina. Wink

I'm surprised that Osmosis isn't as "hot" as, say, ISC. Doesn't seem to be a bandwagon anywhere in site. Except for you and me!

That's only because it's new..I think it'll really do well..just read the list of ingredients, they speak for themselves. BTW, you got me started on this one Lexy..thank you
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Is that a "thank you because you appreciate the line and glad you heard about it" or "thank you for enabling ONCE AGAIN to spend more money?"
Laughing

To answer your previous question, I'm using the C Powder once a day and everything else twice. The Boost will be added once my skin gets acclimated. Big shot here thought I could use the Boost now but I was terribly wrong.

I see you're doing the same thing as me this New Year's Eve. Rolling Eyes We never go out anymore.

Lexy
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
That's both!!!! Actually, I like the products you enabler. I'm having a deja vu here, a while ago it was ISC though.

As for New Years, I'm waiting for midnight to have my sip of champagne & go to bed! I'm such a party animal... Rolling Eyes
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Osmosis products but have not had any exfoliation even using Boost every day and Polish twice a week. I also wish they would increase the size of the bottles as I use two pumps of each (Renew and Replenish) twice a day and it only lasts about 5 weeks. If you have any colouring problems, you can always just wet your fingers and continue to massage the products in until the colour has gone. I wish EDS would stock this line.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Bushy, that's amazing. I'm blonde (in lots of ways)so my skin is easily reacts. I'm medium fair and burn easily, yet I have oily skin.

Sounds like you have very resilient skin or it's in such good shape that you don't have/see any exfoliation. I sure do.

Where are you guys buying this from? JoElla?
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:33 am      Reply with quote
THANK YOU Exclamation I've been waiting for more feedback on this line (bushy and havana were kind enought to answer some questions for me a month ago Smile ). I've searched all over the net for reviews and talked with an esthetician who sells the line. The ingredients, science, and philosophy do indeed seem fabulous, and, unless Dr Ben is a great actor, the developer of Osmosis tells a compelling story.

PLEASE LEXY & MARINA - keep me posted (feel free to pm me!) about your experiences. Lexy, you and sound like we have similar skin type and tone.

Havana and bushy - please update your thoughts as well.

I'm just trying to use up what I have b4 I place an order w/ JoElla. I'm thinking of ordering the Renew, Replenish, Clarify, and possibly Enlighten. Do you all think it's necessary to use their cleanser or could I use up what I have?

I was sooo excited to see this thread! I, too, don't understand why there's not more "noise" about Osmosis.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I'd hold off on the Enlighten but the other three are my mainstay. You may not need Enlighten once your skin starts remodeling.

When I started with PSJ, which is very similar, my mild rosacea (that I haven't seen in ages) came up and stayed for about a week before clearing. That's why I say to use the basics and see where you are after 3 weeks. Then add Enlighten if necessary.

I, personally,don't think the Cleanser is mandatory. It's nice though. Doesn't dry my skin like it does Marina's. As long as you're using a good pH balanced cleanser, I think you'd be fine. But I'm curious what the other gals think.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice about the products Lexy! I'll be anxiously awaiting further posts from you Wink

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
havana8

Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
I'm with Lexy--start with Renew, Replenish, Clarify first and see what happens over time. I am anxious to hear how you make out with Clarify as it is one I haven't tried..... Actually, now that I think about it, it might be better to start with Clarify and Replenish first and then switch from Clarify to Renew once you have used it for a while.

Is your skin sensitive? I originally tried the Cleanser around month three and found that my sensitive/reactive skin went red, dry and felt like parchment paper the first time I used it. It totally freaked me out so I didn't use it again for a couple of months. I gave it a go again this month and find I can use it now although definitely not twice a day or even every day and so am alternating with other more gentle cleansers for the time being. Although nice, I don't think it is pivotal to use and that any gentle cleanser would work.

Like Bushy, I have not had any peeling/flaking with Renew, Polish or Boost. Even if I use Boost a few days in a row, all that happens is that my skin starts to feel a bit sore and gets a bit red but there is no purging, exfoliating or any of that for me. So it's interesting, Lexy, that you are experiencing some of that and I am wondering why Bushy and I are not! Shock Laughing
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
You're trying this Havana? I went and looked at the web site and found myself getting irritated. The site seems so clunky and unwieldly. It reminds me a lot of Cosmedix and I found that line overpriced and overhyped. Yet, in spite of all this, I'm somewhat intrigued. Do any of you know Dr's who are selling this in their practices?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Blues, the reason it reminds you of Cosmedix is that the derm who created Osmosis was a co-creator of Cosmedix. I think JoElla an esthetician who sells Osmosis and PSJ) said he broke off from Cosmedix around 2000?. Osmosis is supposed to be "better" (read more potent) than Cosmedix, and I actually feel the prices are exceedingly reasonable. The site may be clunky, but to this layperson his concepts and science seemed intriguing.

havana8

Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bluesheart! wave Yes, since July. I read about his line amongst many others in a skin care directory style-magazine and was interested in his ingredients although I don't know that I necessarily buy into any of the chirally hype--I would have to do a lot more research on that before swinging one way or the other. By the way, the website was clunkier before Laughing and is actually more helpful now.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Havana and TJ. I used Cosmedix for six to nine months many years ago and gave up because it was so harsh. My skin isn't sensitive at all so that was something different for me. I too hated the small bottles, drove me nuts. I even had one of their peels at the Dr's office. In spite of this, some of what he says and the ingredients are speaking to me so I'll check it out. I've emailed JoElla to see what she says.

Bushy, how does this fit in with your Remergent?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Blues, let us know what she says. I agree w/ havana about the "chirally correct" approach needing more investigation. I personally like the fact that there seems to be several high quality ingredients in each product, thus (hopefully) lessening the number of products needed. One of my NY resolutions is to simplify my skin care routine.

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
The Osmosis products look interesting, but have the products helped anyone diminish lines and/or wrinkles?
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Alexis52 wrote:
Bushy, that's amazing. I'm blonde (in lots of ways)so my skin is easily reacts. I'm medium fair and burn easily, yet I have oily skin.

Sounds like you have very resilient skin or it's in such good shape that you don't have/see any exfoliation. I sure do.

Where are you guys buying this from? JoElla?

Yes, I get it from JoElla. The only peel I have ever used is the Osmosis one and I don't use acids eg AHA, glycolic etc (for a couple of years have only used Remergent, Valmont and Cellcosmet) so I have never caused my skin to become even slightly sensitive so I think that is why I am able to use these products easily. I love the gentle cleanser and don't find it drying at all. It is one of the few cleansers that I have been able to use on my eyes without any problems (the others being Cellcosmet Purifying Gel and a couple from Valmont).
BluesHeart I still have Remergent products and usually apply just a little DNA Repair morning and night after Osmosis and a little Barrier Repair at night as well. This has a twofold benefit in that I don't need to use as much of the Remergent products which makes them last longer and applying them after Osmosis completely removes any colour if there is a tinge left. As the Osmosis sunscreen is only small, I usually use this up fairly quickly in the Renew kit so then I swap over to Remergent sunscreen until I need to order another Osmosis kit again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Bushy. I became curious about Remergent and wrote them requesting a sample pack. I liked the DNA Repair and am considering adding it. I'm a little surprised that you apply it after the Osmosis. Interesting. Thanks again.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:44 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl, I believe Osmosis is supposed to help fine lines and wrinkles. It's helped my fine lines (well,the PSJ) but I didn't have a lot.

You should check out the websitewww.osmosisskincare.com
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |