Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
NuFace introduces "ADVANCED TECHNIQUES"...results
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
As promised, here is the link to the NuFace Advanced Technique video:

The link will expire in 14 Days, but the video should be available on the website by then.

Link: http://www.yousendit.com/download/www/OFZJblRndWNrYURIRGc9PQ

The video is 11 minutes long. The "advanced" techniques follow the basic...I'm interested to hear what y'all think, when you see that the neck area has been totally omitted...hmmmm

Okay, time to give the new techniques a whirl.. You guys will be the first to know my results, good or bad. I hope you'll share your thoughts + results as well.

Kassy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
rickyhpierre
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting the link Kassy,

I am just downloading the video now, I'll let you know what I think when I've seen (and tried)it.
Jemm_
5% products discount

Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,

Thank you! I've been looking forward to getting this!
Jemm
Jemm_
5% products discount

Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
This was extremely helpful - even for the basic technique. I would suggest watching the entire presentation. Thanks again.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Your very welcome.

What are your feelings about the entire "neck" area being omitted?

I'm wondering if they had complaints or warnings about thyroid issues with the original instructions.

Kassy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Because of Kassy's post and video I decided to email Nuface. I tried Nuface for a very short while as my sister in law did not like it. In order for her to get it back to the company by 30 days I did not give it much of a chance. In saying that I decided to order it with some Xmas money I received. Rolling Eyes I have not received it yet but was concerned that the neck was not shown in the video. Here is the response I got from Nuface:

Quote:
The neck is an "off label use".
Being nuface is now fda approved the protocol needed to change a little. To
view how to lift your neck to go the international video or simply follow the
arrows.
Best.
Tera

I took the response to mean it was fine to use on the neck but they need to be careful now that they have FDA approval. Some people might place it right on the thyroid (guess that is a no no). What do the rest of you make of the response I received?

Once I receive the Nuface I will join in with the rest of you. I am looking forward to some lifting. Sagging is just starting on this 60 year face. It is not bad but I would like to keep it under control as long as I can. The corner of my mouth are starting to turn down some. I smile as much as I can. Laughing

I love toys. Cool

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
I think the omission of the neck by NuFace is nothing more than; CYA, so they won't be held responsible by an aggressive user, who experiences problems related to the thyroid or carotid arteries located in the neck.
I am still using mine on the neck, with the dial turned to low, and avoiding the entire mid line of the neck.
Thanks Winnie, for taking the time to write them, and for sharing their response with us all..

Loke
5% products discount

Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Aloha Kassy,

Thank you for the link. I'll be closely waiting for your posts. Would it be possible for you to do a before and after pictures? That would be so great if you could.

This particular gadget is one of the gadgets that is on my "Which beauty gadget to buy?" list.

Mahalo. Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Loke wrote:
Aloha Kassy,

Thank you for the link. I'll be closely waiting for your posts. Would it be possible for you to do a before and after pictures?

Mahalo. Smile

I lost my before and after pictures when my laptop fizzled a few weeks ago. I have pictures on the following link that may be helpful though.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=26564

I'm working on some new ones, and will post them in a couple of weeks, after a little more time with my NuFace.

Kassy

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the original + new techniques since the day I started this thread, and haven't noticed any further improvement.

I think I spend too much time scrutinizing myself in the freaking mirror, to notice subtle results.

I just looked at a picture I took of myself the day I started the new techniques, and I swear to God I don't look that good today..

I think I'll have a cigarette and a glass of wine and forget the whole damn thing!

Kassy Sad

Cowgal44
5% products discount

Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
I think that scrutinization is really the hardest part of this whole process. If only we could just train ourselves during this "crucial time" when we're trying something new to just put on our lipstick and then turn off the light and walk out.. what a surprise it might be one day to then look in the mirror and say, " Wow, this thing Really did work!!"

Believe me, I know that it's easier said then done. But patience is really the biggest virtue here.. it took how many years for our skin to get the way it is??? And we all want these gadgets and creams to work soo quickly.Anybody out there who's been able to be patient and have some words of encouragement on how to get through some of these darkest hours??? I'm a newbie at this stuff and would love to know how you did it.
Loke
5% products discount

Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:34 am      Reply with quote
Very well said, Cowgirl44.
Wouldn't it be great to have instant gratification with our skin?
Kassy, I think you are being to hard on yourself. Please give it several weeks. Maybe not looking at your face with such scrutiny may help. We are here cheering you on. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:07 am      Reply with quote
KASSY_A - Don't be so hard on yourself and don't give up - consistency is the key. I am currently doing Tal Reinharts' "The Facial Workout" and I agree that facial exercise is ONE weapon against anti-aging. My Derm gave me 3 rules - NO smoking, NO suntanning, NO hot tubs. Butt Out!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:30 am      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
... My Derm gave me 3 rules - NO smoking, NO suntanning, NO hot tubs. Butt Out!

Why no hot tubs? Does it include taking regular baths? Question ... I love soaking in a bath for hours literally... I even manage to do my beauty routines while in a bath tub...
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:54 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
stovetop wrote:
... My Derm gave me 3 rules - NO smoking, NO suntanning, NO hot tubs. Butt Out!

Why no hot tubs? Does it include taking regular baths? Question ... I love soaking in a bath for hours literally... I even manage to do my beauty routines while in a bath tub...

I also love my long hot baths. Unfortunately, our relaxing hot baths are not good for the skin and can cause the breakdown of collagen. Sad As a result the elasticity of our skin becomes weak with time.

This is a good article:

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:DFf_TAcHoeAJ:www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/DS/00560.html+hot+baths+and+skin+elasticity&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=us

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I smoke (trying so hard to quit), and live in sunny Florida.... Cool

That's two strikes against me for sure.

I'll keep using the NuFace etc, but sometimes I just feel like I'm fighting a losing battle.

With that in mind, I want to say, that I am seeing 'good' results, but with the time I put in, I want to see 'great' results.

Patience was never my long suit!

Kassy

mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
...I also love my long hot baths. Unfortunately, our relaxing hot baths are not good for the skin and can cause the breakdown of collagen. Sad As a result the elasticity of our skin becomes weak with time.

This is a good article:

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:DFf_TAcHoeAJ:www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/DS/00560.html+hot+baths+and+skin+elasticity&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=us

Thanks Winnie! Smile It is said in the article that we can still take baths up to 15 min given the baths are not not, but rather warm. Can we do it or it is better to completely minimize bath/shower time?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:16 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Winnie wrote:
...I also love my long hot baths. Unfortunately, our relaxing hot baths are not good for the skin and can cause the breakdown of collagen. Sad As a result the elasticity of our skin becomes weak with time.

This is a good article:

Thanks Winnie! Smile It is said in the article that we can still take baths up to 15 min given the baths are not not, but rather warm. Can we do it or it is better to completely minimize bath/shower time?

I could never give up my baths. Besides, I can hide the elasticity issues on my body. Bad Grin I do spend a lot of time keeping my face youthful....enough work for me. Wink My body looks fine dressed. Laughing

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:18 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
[ Can we do it or it is better to completely minimize bath/shower time?

LMAO!!
Looks like we'll have a choice to make; pretty OR smelly.....

Kassy

Cowgal44
5% products discount

Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Overnight, I 've given this topic some more thought. Like all of you, I feel Kassy's pain- and am just as impatient as the next person to see those results.

But I also thought of other things I do in my life- like taking supplements and working out... When you do both, you're always "advised" to take a break-- either one day a week- or even with herbs one week a month. In that way, you're giving your body a chance to assimilate the gains you've made previously.

So how does this apply to this thread?? In the last 3 weeks, I've purchased the Nuface and the Dermawand, started Skin Bio again, using Green Cream and my GoW Anti-Puff eye serum. Everything was working fabulously ( Wow!) until day before yesterday, when my skin yelled "Enough already and all of a sudden got red and sensitive. Yup, skin was trying to tell me something. So I've backed off on all of this and will introduce one serum at a time and ( hard to do) but one toy at a time too. I'm not going to stop Any of this, but just look at this as a "pause point" ( like the Skin Bio folks tell us to when you get what they call "the uglies") and go on from there.

So I'm going to try the hardest to periodically -every two weeks or so- take a little break ( maybe a day- maybe more) and see what happens as a result of it.

Will report in on my findings..
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Cowgal, thanks for the very good reminder!

Our skin definitely needs a rest period to recuperate and regenerate.

Kassy

mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
mpstat wrote:
Can we do it or it is better to completely minimize bath/shower time?

LMAO!!
Looks like we'll have a choice to make; pretty OR smelly.....

Kassy

By minimize I meant not to eliminate, but to spent just a minimally required time, sort of wash-and-go. And I am on Winnie's side here, I truely enjoy my long baths!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:01 am      Reply with quote
I didn't mean it literally....I was joking!

marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Very Happy Poor Kassy, try using this Rolling Eyes after a comment so everyone'll know Rolling Eyes
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:24 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

Very Happy Poor Kassy, try using this Rolling Eyes after a comment so everyone'll know Rolling Eyes

Thanks marina! I need 'emoticons' 101... Laughing

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |