Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Smile Lines **
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
the l2k system may be effective for lines above the lips or so i have read here....

But in this thread i mean the lines formed on side of lips to nose....Smile liness..

When did you see these lines appearing? Are they worse after smiling? Do they appear on you even when not smiling? At what age did you see the lines appearing? .......... Is it bad to smile much lol but its hard to not smile....aaah the curse of smiling Exclamation Confused Shock

But mainly
What do you use to prevent these lines?
What do you use to treat and fix any of these lines?
What do you use to treat, fix and prevent lines getting anymore deeper?

Has your method worked? If so how....and how long have you been doing your method to see the differences?

And lastly
Sorry if this has been asked....and for all the questions but thank you for taking the time to read and reply to this Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I think you're talking about nasal labial folds. It's caused by sagged cheeks. I've tried so many skin care lines and tools but nothing helped. Too chicken to try any injection or plastic surgery. I had them since my mid-thirties. I was told that's the hardest part to improve. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have them yet, but I can tell that I will get them.

I've decided to be proud of them when I do get it. It is not clear to me if peptides can help prevent, and how much you can see the difference. I truly believe that taking Vit C would help, but can only do so much.

My doctor told me that getting the injections can be painful, but the results are positive and you don't have that "sad" look on your face.

Otherwise, I guess we would have to smile 24/7! Very Happy Laughing

I just refuse to encourage myself not to smile so that I don't get wrinkles. If I have to have wrinkles, that is the only kind I want to get.

Keep smiling! Very Happy
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I am so glad you said what you just did, Skincare. I'm a little concerned that people would honestly consider walking around in this world and not share a smile because of a fear of wrinkles. Avoiding the sun, taking care of your skin, all positive things. Not smiling? That's scary.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Try Nuface device and facial exercises such as FlexEffect. Those help with facial muscles sugging.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
I am so glad you said what you just did, Skincare. I'm a little concerned that people would honestly consider walking around in this world and not share a smile because of a fear of wrinkles. Avoiding the sun, taking care of your skin, all positive things. Not smiling? That's scary.

Thank you. This does not mean that down the road, that I won't consider injections, it's the fact that I don't mind getting the "happy" wrinkles, because they are my personal pride and reflection of my life.

Very Happy
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I'll get injections. But I'm not going to walk around showing no expressions just to avoid a wrinkle or two. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
i have a slight line in this area on the left side of the face....im only 23 so im bit concerned as its too young to get this type of wrinkle.....
I would say i noticed this line after a session of electrolysis in the area almost a year ago...
The line/wrinkle is very light but noticeable to me in the mirror Shock
Usually the line is not visible....If im smiling the nasal labiel fold is slightly deeper on the left side than the right side of the face. And after the smile the wrinkle is visible if i massage the area with a moisturizer or with some skin oil in upward strokes its invisible again....

I would say the line is becomes visible due to facial movements such as smiling....Im not letting this stop me from smiling.

I want to fix this problem as it is not at the bad stage yet and the line is not visible if not smiling much that day or skin is not dry so i think i have a chance to fix the problem yet? Confused M so confused. But i really want to treat and fix this problem....i mean having this at 23 is depressing Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
I started using Oil of Olay Regenerist daily regenerating serum around my lips and eyes when I was in my mid-20's. I am now 36 and have no eye wrinkles and one smile line just starting.
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Hey it just means that you are a happy person and tried not to get too hooked on them as you are so young
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Would retinoid help with the sagging?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Would retinoid help with the sagging?

good question...I thought it was peptides that would help with that
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
i use my eye cream around my smile lines.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Why don't you try some wrinkle eliminate cream?
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Reading this post was like experiening deja-vu, since this was exactly how I was feeling when I noticed my first smile line. I think I was around 28 or 29. I obsessed over it. Now, 33, I have 4 smile lines and, looking back, I can't believe I worried so much over 1 little line! I don't think there is any cream that can prevent these lines from happening or improve their appearance drastically. Fillers, in my opinion, are the only treatment that's successful. I'm holding off as long as I can, but this will be the route I'll take. In the meantime, I'll keep smiling!!!

simran wrote:
i have a slight line in this area on the left side of the face....im only 23 so im bit concerned as its too young to get this type of wrinkle.....
I would say i noticed this line after a session of electrolysis in the area almost a year ago...
The line/wrinkle is very light but noticeable to me in the mirror Shock
Usually the line is not visible....If im smiling the nasal labiel fold is slightly deeper on the left side than the right side of the face. And after the smile the wrinkle is visible if i massage the area with a moisturizer or with some skin oil in upward strokes its invisible again....

I would say the line is becomes visible due to facial movements such as smiling....Im not letting this stop me from smiling.

I want to fix this problem as it is not at the bad stage yet and the line is not visible if not smiling much that day or skin is not dry so i think i have a chance to fix the problem yet? Confused M so confused. But i really want to treat and fix this problem....i mean having this at 23 is depressing Sad
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |