Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
CP's: Do I quit or progress?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Ok...I started using CP's last April (10 months ago.) I began with GHK and when I used that up I started on the Super CP Serum, diluting that for months before going full strength. I use it at least every other night, with Emu over it (alternating with Tazorac on off nights.) If I've made any mistakes along the way, it has been that I haven't been using the Super CP Serum sparingly since going full strength. I haven't been closely monitoring how many "drops" I put on, (since it doesn't exactly come out of the container in drops) and may have used more than is necessary. Now, 10 months down the road, I feel the elasticity of my skin has NOT improved and maybe even decreased. Crying or Very sad I also have more hyperpigmentation than I have had in years. So the bottom line is I have not seen any improvement in my skin. Do I quit using CP's or move up to Super Cop and hope for some action? Help me decide please! (P.S. - I am 55.)

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I am asking myself almost the same question. I started CP serum in July last year, once per day in the pm, and can’t see any improvement. Hadn’t noticed any increase in pigmentation, although now mountaingirl has me wondering as a couple of small areas of pigmentation seem slightly darker, but I thought it was due to changing C serums. Also have not noticed any improvement in elasticity and, like mountaingirl, wondered if it’s actually worse.

On the other hand, I have been applying CP serum twice per day on my shoulders for the same period and think I “might” see a small improvement there but not entirely convinced. I went for the twice a day on shoulders (but not face) as I figured if I got the “uglies” happening it wouldn’t matter so much there.

Thanks for posting this mountaingirl, as I am very interested to hear any replies too!
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:06 am      Reply with quote
I am wondering about CP serums also. I have been using CP serums for 7 months at night only and am currently using Super CP Serum - approximately 4-5 drops and have noticed no change in elasticity but have developed more broken caps than I have ever had. Any answers?
emilyruth
5% products discount

Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'd been using Super Serum for about 6 months and I thought my skin looked a little better while using it. When I ran out, I ordered from NCN and after talking with her, I decided to try the Super Cop Cream, using her 15% exfoliator underneath. I was afraid I'd break out from the Super Cop cream and I'd been on the Skinbio website and they'd warned about this. I am loving the Super Cop cream and I haven't broken out with it at all. It has a nice little "tingle" when you first put it on (I always like to feel something when I apply it so I know it's working, crazy, right?) Anyway, my skin feels firmer, my acne scars are fading and my skin looks better. I don't think the Super Serum was strong enough for me. I can't wait to try the Super Cop X2 when I finish with the regular Super Cop.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Add me to the list of people for whom cps did NOT work. I was using the GHK-cu cream (the weakest version) and I thought it would be a great preventative and help to reverse some of the mild effects of aging I'm beginning to see. My skin's elasticity went downhill almost immediately and has not recovered. It's been about six months--my pores are HUGE all over and the little vertical lines everyone talks about are forming. My skin texture looks much much older and I'm quite unhappy with the results. I look older and 'haggard.' Since I've laid off of it, my skin has improved somewhat, but I honestly do not buy the "uglies" theory. I used this product two-three times per week in conjunction with the weakest form of retin-a, and did almost nothing else--and my smooth, young looking glowing skin is now unevenly textured, full of capillaries (admittedly--this is a sign of angiogenesis) and I have large, ugly pores everywhere where I only had some open pores on my nose before. I know this sounds like the uglies, but trust me--I took it REALLY slow and never saw a good result.

I'm going to monitor my skin and see what happens--if I see some miraculous transformation down the road I'll alert you all. Until I see that, I'll be convinced that cps ruined my skin.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Cps for several years.I didnt get any pigmentation but improvement was so slow.
Dont know if anyone remembers"Scallawaggirl"She put pics up for us and talked about her CP routines. She had nice results.
I have found for myself that I need to exfoliate first.And some form of peels at least once a week.I think I will bump it up to at least twice a week. And when my skin starts to look dried out,I cut back and use Emu and moisturizers. Also,CP Accelerator(NCN) has helped. CPs dont do anything for my pores,but daily 15% Exfoliator and OTC Salicylic acid(not used together)help with that.
I am going to stick with the CPs,they are proven to work.Maybe,I just need to find the correct order and amounts. I hope each one of us can find what works for us. And not go broke doing it. LOL
Monica34
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
I was also wondering about the effectiveness and am glad someone started this thread.

I have been using GHK products (Neova, Iamin and lastly Skinbio) for about a year I think and I dont see any difference in the fine lines I started getting.
tthagen1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
can someone shed some light on what NCN is?

thank you
emilyruth
5% products discount

Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
NCN iswww.ncnproskincare.com and she (Nanci) sells a nice variety of skincare products and machines. I love her exfoliating cloth and I get my copper peptides and pumkin peel from her as well.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:52 am      Reply with quote
emilyruth wrote:
NCN iswww.ncnproskincare.com and she (Nanci) sells a nice variety of skincare products and machines. I love her exfoliating cloth and I get my copper peptides and pumkin peel from her as well.

Does this peel sting like the PSF one?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:45 am      Reply with quote
bugaboo - I have never used the PSF peel but I have used the pumpkin peel from NCN and it stings. This week I was only able to leave it on for less than 1 minute.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Ditto on what ava, mountaingirl, and appletini said regarding no noticable effect from CPs. I've been using 5-6 drops CP serum since June. I'm probably going to drop this from my routine. Maybe I'll try again later.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
emilyruth
5% products discount

Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:31 am      Reply with quote
I've used the pumpkin peel once a week and while it stings a little in the beginning, it stops pretty quickly. I've found that the ones that don't sting when you apply them, rarely give you any noticable results. I leave it on for about 15 minutes and when I rinse it off, my skin doesn't look irritated, just nicely exfoliated. I also found, for me, if I don't keep my skin really exfoliated while using the copper peptides, it can look a little "muddy". I think the key to better results with the CP's can be in the exfoliation.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:44 am      Reply with quote
I got sun damage noticeably for the first time since using cp's. Crying or Very sad

I wonder if there is a connection.. I think this summer I will drop cp's and see how I go.

One thing I know for sure is that BND has thickened the skin on my breasts nicely, so I shall continue using that product.

I've been using supercop and supercop2 for a long while now on stretchmarks. Not sure really of how effective it is. I may get better results with seabuckthorn and helichrysum mixed with rosehip and sandalwood powder. Wink
ch3r
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
I'm about to move up to SuperCop myself. I think what might be the problem is that some aren't using the right strength. We talk a lot on the this board about going too fast with CPs and we must start slow, but you have to look at the other side of the coin as well. Maybe the formulation just isn't strong enough for your skin. Maybe you are going *too* slow. From what I understand a lot of people get results by finally being able to move up in strength (to SuperCop or SuperCop 2x). Basically use as strong a CP as you can handle. It make take some experimentation, but getting the "uglies" is not such a big deal. It goes away after a few days, and then you will know if you have the right strength, you just have to slow down or buffer it with oil. If you've been using regular CP for one year and not seeing results I would definitely move up.
KrazyKat
5% products discount

Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
I thought I was the only one on the planet who had the uglies that never left. Interestingly enough I have completely remodeled a scar on my cheek after using Super Cop 2 (after peels or scrubs) on that scar, but other than that my face as a whole doesnt seem to like CPs (especally not the super cp liquid).

Im not sure of the logic behind my results.
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
I gave up with CPS and with Green Cream. Both did absolutely nothing for my skin. I did persist with both using different levels when one was finished and many months later still nothing.

I think I will stick to a good moisturizer, vit C and Pumpkin Peel!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Personally I have noticed a difference with CP's. With all the festivities of the holiday I have not been as faithful with my routine. The biggest difference is my neck and declotee. Super CP Serum totally removed every tiny skin tag on my neck. I had no idea CPs would remove those ugly little things. Just for the skin tag removal CPs was worth it.

It seems everyone reacts somewhat different with CP usage. Perhaps my skin showed improvement as I am older then most of you. My skin most likely drinks up all the help it can get. Bad Grin

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I am 60 ....gasp. Anyway,maybe that has something to do with how it works. I need all the help I can get too!!
Winnie,thanks for sharing about getting rid of skin tags. Great !!!

I just started to put a tiny bit of GHK on the base of my top eyelashes. I will share my results if I have any growth,fullness,etc.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:24 am      Reply with quote
HI, Guys, I've been using a mild copper serum for a month or so. I believe it tightens my skin some. However, recently, I've noticed my face as an ashy look. My color isn't so nice. I'm going to buy an LED photofacial device. Just haven't decided which one. Any thoughts on my newly acquired "ashy-ness"? Thanks!

5% products discount

Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I use the DPL mcahine (the one that you sit in front of) after using Super Cop cream. I've never noticed any ashiness after the DPL, in fact, my skin has a really nice color. When I do it in the morning, I don't feel the need for foundation, just a little blush. My skin is pale, so I really notice a rosy glow when I do this. I LOVE my DPL and have been using it for a year now.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Glad to hear it, Emilyruth. If I knew how to send a "private message" I'd ask which machine you bought and from whom. Smile

5% products discount

Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
It's the DPL fromwww.ncnproskincare.com. It's the only one she sells and the information she has on her website is pretty good. If you have any questions, she's very prompt with her replies.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I appreciate these comments for sure--and wish they applied to me. I went ve-e-e-e-ry slowly with cps and they seem to have really damaged the integrity of my skin overall. Like I said, now I have strangely textured skin whereas before it was smooth and clear. If my skin couldn't handle the lowest concentration used sparingly 3-4 times per week--if that--then I don't know what to think. My skin is very thick already and I don't have collagen loss as of yet--so maybe that's why. My post-cp skin is weirdly bumpy, orange peely, and with lots of lines that have nothing to do with expression. I am *hoping* that whatever changes that I've experienced are reversible--I'm going to exfoliate regularly and use retin-a and wait it out!

--avalange
ch3r wrote:
I'm about to move up to SuperCop myself. I think what might be the problem is that some aren't using the right strength. We talk a lot on the this board about going too fast with CPs and we must start slow, but you have to look at the other side of the coin as well. Maybe the formulation just isn't strong enough for your skin. Maybe you are going *too* slow. From what I understand a lot of people get results by finally being able to move up in strength (to SuperCop or SuperCop 2x). Basically use as strong a CP as you can handle. It make take some experimentation, but getting the "uglies" is not such a big deal. It goes away after a few days, and then you will know if you have the right strength, you just have to slow down or buffer it with oil. If you've been using regular CP for one year and not seeing results I would definitely move up.

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Avalange,

I'm really sorry to hear this, and here I was on the verge of trying CP's.Nanci knows her CPs and she's very accessible. I'd speak to her..she may be able to help.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |