Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
CP's: Do I quit or progress?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Add me to the "no more CP's list". I was using CP Serum and CP Accelerator once a day for a couple of months and started to get large "pimple like" bumps on one area of my chin. They've proven very difficult to get rid of and I can only attribute them to the CP's. I've still got some product left and being the frugal type, I'll use it up on my decolletage.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
mishie, I have a rather simple routine for the face, I think. Since I often work at home, this is the stay at home morning routine:
Wash with Osea Ocean Cleanser. (2 times a week I use Epidermix II instead).
Vivier Kinetin Vitamin C 3-4 times a week. Usually wash it off after an hour or so.
Apply Osea Advanced Cream. Osea Eyes and Lips around eyes only (Rosebud Salve on lips). If I'm staying home or just running to the store, etc. I leave it at that.

If I'm going to the office or out and doing "the works" I substitute Eliz. Arden Extreme Conditioning Cream with SPF 15(find at Marshall's for 1/2 price)
Eye area gets PSF Cranberry Gel, then either Osea Eyes and Lips or TNS Illuminated Eye Cream on top, then UGloGirl MMU (good for my dryish skin)
Julie Hewett lipstick (love it)

In the evening:
Wash with Osea Ocean Cleanser
Apply Remergent DNA Repair all over face and under chin, sometimes down the neck (I am trying to save, as the DNA is expensive and lasts me 4 months at most). Allow to sink in.
Osea Eyes or the TNS Eye Cream around my eyes.

Anybody have any suggestions? Though I am happy with this EDS-inspired routine. I think it helps that my skin does have many days to breathe and has minimum cover. I would like to find something to remove all lines and wrinkles (wouldn't we all!), but I think my face looks as good as it can look short of some invasive stuff which I don't care to have.
Someone commented a while back that this was a lot of money. Perhaps it is, but I find that if I don't buy clothes and my downfall shoes so often, it is better to spend on the face some months. It makes me happier to look as good as I can and do the European thing--have fairly good clothes, but not so many of them and wear the same outfits longer. Anybody else do that?
ahihi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for the interesting posts.. I am a newbie here - and am just in the process of vamping up my skin care routine (not much of a routine up until now - just a cleanser and moisturizer-nothing fancy).

After reading all of the positive posts about CP's on EDS, I was all ready to begin putting CP's on my face tonight, but will now forget that idea. In fact, I am afraid of doing anything now!

Could hyaluronic acid, moisturizers containing idebone, matrixyl, mandelic serum, or any other harsh ingredients do negative things similar to the reports regarding CP's? I have fair skin, some wrinkles although my main concern is the sagging going on - and my puffy eyelids.

I am tempted to toss all of these CP's and acids I have just ordered and go back to my gentle cleanser and Paula's Choice antioxident moisturizer. It's really light and may not do much of anything, but doesn't hurt my skin.

Do any of you consult your dermatologists regarding the products you are putting pn your faces?
I am planning on seeing my derm in a couple of weeks and asking her ideas on all of this, including using the derma wand and seeing a doctor eventually for a laser treatment or professional peel - might be safer to consult a physician before using all of these miracle creams and devices...

Thanks again for all of your interesting posts!
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:49 am      Reply with quote
essential lady thank you so much for taking the time to list your skin care regime.

I hope to order the DNA repair very soon and will certainly update as time goes on. Many thanks again!
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:52 am      Reply with quote
I do not and have never had damaged or sagging skin. I began using CP's (Skinbio) back in July after reading all the positive feedback on this forum. For me it has been a great product. I apply 8 drops of regular strength CP's every evening then apply a light amount of Dremu oil over top. My skin has never experienced the 'ugly issues' that some people have had happen. I began the CP's very, very slowly and always diluted with equal drops of water until I worked my way up to full strength. I believe the real key to getting the best results from CP's is to be very diligent with regular exfoliation. I use 5/10% AHA/BHA daily, use epidermix every other day, and apply NCN's pumpkin peel once every week or two.

I am very pleased with my skin at this point. No sagging, No wrinkles (except a few very fine lines under the eyes) skin tone is very even with a nice glow.

I would not automatically rule out CP's - they may not work for everyone but for a lot of people they work wonderfully.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Hmm. good to know that CP's are working for you fairlady.. Your exfoliation and entire regimine may be what is making them work for you.
However, I still think I want to consult with my dermatologist regarding these various acids and such before doing something I might regret. No major problems as of yet, don't want to make things worse...
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi fairlady,

I don't know! It's reviews like yours that made me so want to try CPs. I went slowly, used the latest, most expensive, weakest formulation, never overdid it...

And yet, here I am with what seems to be totally different skin, more sensitive, etc.
I just do not know if it is worth it to see if you get the good or the bad reaction. I mean, what is the trade-off of the good reaction, exactly? The continuation of your nice skin? Well, my Osea products always made me blissfully happy with my skin. It was really lovely.
My routine was similar to existential lady's before I tried the cps--but no vitamin c and no tns. I'm laying off everything "active" except retin-a until I see some improvement, but I CANNOT wait to use my osea again. I'm using the milk once a day as a cleanser and sometimes wet my face with the sea plasma, but I'm scared to use the apc right now.

My skin is looking a bit better lately--or maybe I'm getting used to it! Sad

--avalange

fairlady wrote:
I do not and have never had damaged or sagging skin. I began using CP's (Skinbio) back in July after reading all the positive feedback on this forum. For me it has been a great product. I apply 8 drops of regular strength CP's every evening then apply a light amount of Dremu oil over top. My skin has never experienced the 'ugly issues' that some people have had happen. I began the CP's very, very slowly and always diluted with equal drops of water until I worked my way up to full strength. I believe the real key to getting the best results from CP's is to be very diligent with regular exfoliation. I use 5/10% AHA/BHA daily, use epidermix every other day, and apply NCN's pumpkin peel once every week or two.

I am very pleased with my skin at this point. No sagging, No wrinkles (except a few very fine lines under the eyes) skin tone is very even with a nice glow.

I would not automatically rule out CP's - they may not work for everyone but for a lot of people they work wonderfully.

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Guys, I think I'm going to stop cp's on my face for now. I'll try just using on my hands. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:30 am      Reply with quote
Avalange,

I am really sorry to hear about your skin! I considered copper peptides for about 5 minutes but figured my skin was doing fine and from what i read on the forum, it seemed like CPs were more for those who were looking to "repair" something. i didn't think it was a preventive thing. i am happy with my skin now, and do think that for those who are considering it, i would really take heed of the advice given here.

i know you're hesitant to incorporate anything new, but have you tried ordering some liquid oat beta glucans from Garden of Wisdom? they too, are healing, used for wound repair. after my last apeel where i thought i ruined my skin again....i have been diligently applying the oat beta glucans along with avocado oil emulsified in my palm as moisturizer (with another cream on top if i feel like it) and my skin has never looked better. i think they work great with retinol/retin-a products as those seem to abrade/exfoliate skin while the oat beta glucans help regenerate.

i don't know if you're still using chemical SS, but you should probably keep away from those for now. i hope your skin and everyone else's heal quickly!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:11 am      Reply with quote
Skincareaddicted...why are you suggesting Avalange staying away from chemical sunscreens? Personally I flucuate between physical and chemical ones depending upon how dry my skin is that day, and whether I plan on applying my liquid foundation or mineral makeup. What role do chemical SS's play in the damaged CP skin problem? BTW, I'm going to buy some of those Beta Oat Glucans Wink .....

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi mountaingirl,

I don't think i have any scientific basis advising against chemical SS use, but to me, it just makes sense to avoid products with a complicated ingredient list with possibly lots of chemical ingredients during wound healing.

as avalange and a few ladies on here who followed the apeel threads know, i almost burned my face off a couple times last year from using the apeel line incorrectly and was pretty diligent in avoiding chemical SS (they tend to irritate the skin more too during healing) and applying simple things on my face like camellia oil and the liquid oat beta glucans (it's liquid gold!). when i had to leave the house, i would use juice beauty's mineral SS (not a SS i would wear everyday due to its low UVA protection).

i hope that explains a bit. i am really becoming a natural skin care line kind of girl lately (save the retinol stuff Smile), and i have to say, my skin has never looked better.

i really hope you like the oat beta glucans. it's awesome as a serum. i dilute it with distilled water and add pearl powder. (make sure to get the smaller size in case you have a reaction). my mom and i use it and i even apply the oat beta glucans on my dog's paws when he gets the summer itchies. i love combining the serum with a carrier oil, my favorite at the moment is avocado, and using the thing all over my face, arms, and chest after a shower. it's a great moisturizer and so easy since i get lazy with body lotion.

Kris Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
cp's are a joke. Sad
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:44 am      Reply with quote
I'm still just using on my hands.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I used the PSF bio copper serum, and saw no difference in my skin. It was a waste of money for me, and would certainly not recommend it. I have found that the Jurlique Balancing day creme has done more for my skin than any serum has (including Juice Beauty ani-aging green serum). If you are looking to have your skin tone and texture improve, try Jurlique. I was surprised after using it twice. My skin texture is improving and the very fine lines are disappearing. I love it.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:07 am      Reply with quote
I never even finished using my first bottle of CP serum. I noticed an increase in facial hair and that scared me. I should probably use it on my hands but I haven't done that either, It sits in my fridge.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
I never even finished using my first bottle of CP serum. I noticed an increase in facial hair and that scared me. I should probably use it on my hands but I haven't done that either, It sits in my fridge.

CPs are used for hair regeneration, so that does not surprise me in the least.

And add me to the list of people who took CPs very slowly and STILL had loads of damage created under my eyes (though I only ever used the weakest serum near my eyes). Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="bethany"]
Bellezza wrote:
And add me to the list of people who took CPs very slowly and STILL had loads of damage created under my eyes (though I only ever used the weakest serum near my eyes). Rolling Eyes

Yikes, Bethany! That sucks

I tried GHK CP cream and serum - didn't really notice anything. Hope it didn't hurt...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I'm so very greatfull for this thread! I have been using CP Serum in the am followed by Emu Oil. Pm exfol cream alternating with Protect and Restore.
I have great skin to begin with for a 50 something broad, so I don't know what i expected.
I see a littleimprovement in my wrinkles- I THINK.
My guy swears he sees a big Diferance:
Red, irritated, angry skin!!!!!!!!!
Believe it or not I was considering pushing the envelope and moving onto Super CP- LOL
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:53 am      Reply with quote
BTW: if you post anything dispareging on the Skin Bio chat forum be prepared to be flamed! There is one in particular that is rabid
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Alien wrote:
BTW: if you post anything dispareging on the Skin Bio chat forum be prepared to be flamed! There is one in particular that is rabid

SB also deletes less than positive posts, so there is really no reason to even visit there, lol.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:39 am      Reply with quote
bethany, I have noticed that.
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Anyone else to chime in?
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Alien,

Here is a discussion that I think sums up the risks of going with cps:

Quote:
Starlight,

Sorry to cause you anxiety! I have heard that cps "bring damage to the surface," and that you then have to "slough it off" with retin-a and other exfoliants. That is apparently why cps must be used with lots of acids and retinoids. My hunch is the following: if you don't have damaged looking skin, why "bring it all up to the surface," especially if you cannot ever be sure that the damage being brought up (and that process by which damage is being brought up is only an interpretation of what is happening to your skin) will go away, or that you are taking the appropriate measures to rid the outer layers of the dermis of the damage, etc. For instance, my skin is too sensitive to use such harsh exfoliants, so how could I ever get rid of that surface damage? I do not want to look older beyond my years, especially since I look much younger than my years.
SO, my theory actually goes something like this: If you already have lots of visible damage, why not give it a try. If your damage is still invisible to the naked eye, why not wait. Smile Hope that all makes sense.

--avalange

p.s. I ordered some samples from NIA and plan to use the skin strengthening complex to try to reverse some of the damage. And I'm on a long-term retin-a plan to turn over the skin cells and hopefully rid myself of the issues cps created.

p.p.s After extensive research on the internet, i think it is pretty clear that cps cause enlarged pores in many users. Enlarged pores are a sign of lost elasticity and thus, they make one look older.

Starlight wrote:
avalange wrote:
dear sienna,

it depends on how old you are. I think if you are over 50, cps can make a real difference, as they are a "remodeling" agent. But I wouldn't try them unless your skin is very damaged already. In other words, copper peptides are not an "anti-aging" product. I found out the hard way: upon using very conservatively the weakest formulation for several months, the texture of my skin and its natural elasticity were significantly and adversely affected. My skin is now covered with very large pores and bumps all over, 9 months later, despite several peels and retin-a and also months of good old benign neglect. I keep hoping that my skin will go back to "normal," but it has not really yet (I have my good and bad days).

When I had the person who sold me the cps ask Dr. Pickart (the founder and formulator) about my condition (I provided pics), he asked, upon seeing my photos, why in the world I would be using cps, since my skin still looked young. So, I'm gathering from this experience that cps are NOT meant for skin that is still, however you want to call it, "young." Or, shall we say, relatively undamaged. I'm 32.

I also think that vitamin c can be very acidic and detrimental to the skin barrier as well. Just be careful and don't use too many acidic products on the skin at once--you will cause damage.

In my opinion, a great nourishing product line as a base (like Osea), plus an anti-aging-specific product (such as NIA 24 or Remergent) will work best to preserve what you have, along with the Renova.

--avalange

Hi, I got really worried when I read this post since I have been using CP's for several months and I am not 50 yet and I also have enlarged pores. After much search it seems that CP's have wound healing and anti-aging properties however over use of CP's and in some rare cases over sensitivity to CP's under normal usage can lead to adverse side effects such as degredation in elasticity. Now I do not know what to do and I am scared that I have damaged my skin. Some of you ladies who are under 50 please chime in and give your input! Thanks!

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Avalange,

Thank you for the cut/paste reply. It was suscienct and answered many of my concerns.

I am 52 and look 30 something- so I have been told..I only have brow furrows and VERY feint crows feet with naso labial folds.

I constantly asked Dr. Pickart if it was worthwhile trying to rid myself of the brow furrows and NL Folds, as I have an expressive face and want to continue to smile and raise my eye brows in surprise. If you repeat an expression, I don't think any amount of collagen re building can help! I was flammed on the chat forum!! ANd told I, an RN in a plastic surgery office with a cert in wound healing, didn't understand how skin healed!

SO I guess the bottom line is that CPs are not anti aging products, but REPAIR products. If you have good skin-stay away. If you have damaged/wrinkled skin- give it a shot..

DO I have it??
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Sorry for second post:

But I also noticed that there are some very young ladies on the SB site. Saw one's pre and post ops- she looked GREAT! She was 28!!!!!!!!!

I was also told when questioning that I should step up the acids- no can do Irish red skin allready. Or Start with a derma roller.

There was one,again, young lady following that guidence that wound up in hospital with a sever, antibiotic resistant Staph infection...
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |