Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
:: Review :: Obagi Nu-Derm clear Hydroquine #3
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
crv1

Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
I applied Obagi to my face twice a day. Within 1 month I saw a huge difference. All my mark from pimples dissapeared and my skin tone seemed to be even. I truly love this product. It is worth the money. I did not experience any redness as some people did. I guess it depends on your skin.
Seaera
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. Many people are raving about the Obagi line. It's on my list to try when I can save up some $$.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Love, Love, Love the product.
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Is Obagi effective for pimple or freckle?? confused...... Idea
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Both...the Hydroquinone helps fade away marks. So it helps remove old scars from acne, blemishes, and freckles.
sahm
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Can I apply this on top of vit c? or does it have to go on alone?

crv1 - Did you use this inconjunction with other Obaji products?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
You can apply the Clear over C serum. I have actually found using a topical C with this helps the freckles to fade very fast.
sahm
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! Also, is it for the whole face or a spot treatment?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:00 am      Reply with quote
It really is meant for the whole face, but you could spot treat.
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Rileygirl, have you continued with Obagi maintenance?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Kareberry, I stopped the obagi and did not continue with maintenance. I was going to try jan marini, but after 1-2 days using that sunscreen, I had about 6 freckles pop back up. I got back on a good sunscreen and my freckles are almost gone again. I just started doing the clear, blender/retinA a few days a week until I completely get rid of the few freckles I have.
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl, what products have you been using since completing Obagi? I remember you use Dr. Lewinn's sunscreen but what cleanser/serum/moisturizer etc... have you been using and do you feel that they have helped maintain the progress you made with Obagi (except for the six freckles that came back with the JM sunscreen)? And are you still using Retin-A? Sorry for all the questions; I just remember you got great results with Obagi but were concerned about long-term hydroquinone use and wondered what you had been using since finishing Obagi.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I have been using a whole bunch of stuff, mamawalnut! I really jumped around a lot. Right now I am using Arcona soap alternating with the golden gommage for cleansing. I also use NCN microfiber cloth. I just started a trial of obagi professional C serum, Clear, and IS Clinical Youth Complex in the morning. At night, I have just started using the IS Clinical Active and am alternating that nightly with Retin A/blender. I am also using the Becca SPF 30 primer as my sunscreen, which seems to be working well.(I will only use the Clear, blender/RA combo until my freckles are gone again. I am thinking about trying the Cellbone whitener instead of the Clear, blender/RA but not sure yet). Yes, I think other than the freckles that popped up using JM sunscreen, I have maintained my results with Obagi. If I wasn't concerned about the HQ, I would stay with Obagi. Obagi (and lips2kiss) are the only 2 things that have ever lived up to the hype and really made a difference for me so far!
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info rileygirl. When I start Obagi maintenance I've got several products I want to incorporate but am still working on how I'm going to fit it all in. I have the tendency to jump around with products or use too many at one time so I'm trying to come up with a reasonable game plan. I tried a few IS Clinical samples and liked everything but the Youth Complex because it seemed to ball up and roll of my skin. Have you had any problems with that? I might have been using too much. I also agree that the purchases I've been most satisfied with so far include Obagi and lips2kiss, plus Revitalash and the 1000 Hours lash tint for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
No problems with balling up for me with the Youth Complex, mamawalnut. I use 1 pump for the whole face and wait about 10+ minutes before I put on my sunscreen. (Yep, I have the same tendency to jump around and/or use too many products. I felt so product deprived after obagi that I went to town!) Very Happy
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
I will have to give the Youth Complex another try then. It may have been one of the products I was putting underneath (although I think I was just using the Super Serum then Youth Complex and that's it) or I may have just been using too much. Either way, I've got some left so I'll try again later. Thanks for your help.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck, mamawalnut. I can't make any claims about the Youth Complex as far as wrinkles because I did not get an immediate result. I'll report back in a month and see if I have any results at all!
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Can you tell why HQ is something to be wary of. I thought I read that it strips the melanin from the skin therefore you need to be EXTRA careful in the sun..is there more to it then that..
Thanks Lou
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
lou, I replied in another thread, but I found this link. When you have time, have a look.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=25350&highlight=hydroquinone
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:10 am      Reply with quote
azumma wrote:
Is Obagi effective for pimple or freckle?? confused...... Idea

Great for pimples. Great for freckles and hyper-pigmentation.
oimachi
5% products discount

Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:07 am      Reply with quote
As for pimples, Obagi has a new line - CLENZIderm (not so new anymore I guess). Has anyone used it? I used it, but was very disappointed. I developed an allergic reaction to it. Mad
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I used the Obagi line years ago and eventually gave it up - just could not adjust to the flaking, redness & peeling. But, the one Obagi product that I absolutely love and still use (Whenever needed) is Obagi Clear. This is a truly remarkable product that can fade freckles in under one week - Great stuff.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
This information is great as I was just told to stop using Obagi Nu-Derm products because of the extended time I had been using them. I have been using SkinMedica products for about 4 weeks and compared to Obagi I think my skin looks terrible. It sounds like everyone is comfortable using the Obagi system a couple of times a week and using different products on the other days.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I only have a couple of small areas I need to treat. I'm totally happy with the rest of my face. Can I use Obagi Nu-Derm clear Hydroquine #3 alone for spot treatment, or do I have to be on the Obagi system to experience results.
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:35 am      Reply with quote
I think if you only have a few small areas you can just use the Clear, but if you want results all over then you should get the whole system. The main products are the Retin-A, blender, exforderm and the clear. The others are just the standard cleanser, toner, sunscreen etc.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |