Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Phyto-C Phyto Gel (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Bremenn Clinical Upper Eyelid Lifter (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
zoom whitening
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
has anybody got zoom whitening done by a professional? Was it worth it? Do your teeth feel sensitive afterwards? How long does the whitening last?

Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
As a dental assistant, I do the Zoom procedure on patients quite often, so thought I would give my input: Some do, and some don't experience sensitivity, however; it will only last for one day. All surface stain is removed, so the rate at which they will restain is dependant on your habits...coffee, soda, red wine, smoking, etc.. Home whitening trays are included, so you can always maintain them. My tip...don't pay the $500 for it - look for someone having a special ($299 - $399). It works best on yellow stained teeth. Grey is harder to whiten.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Probably a silly question but how do you find out about dentists offering Zoom specials?
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:45 am      Reply with quote
I had this done twice with about 4 years in between the appointments, the first time was the most noticable but I was really happy with the results. Not movie star white though I don't know they get their teeth that white!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Who wants teeth that white anyways? Its like Dr. Phil and his wife, they look eery with those piano keys for teeth!
It is nice to have a white smile, but keep it natural looking! Otherwise you look fake, like a doll (especially if you combine it with a fake tan-creeps me out).
Jemm_
5% products discount

Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:42 am      Reply with quote
I had Zoom whitening done a year ago. Immediately my teeth were very white and I loved it. The EXTREME sensitivity I had seemed worth it (I was miserable). However, two weeks later my teeth only looked a little whiter and have since remained that way. Just my experience but I would never pay $300 or go through the pain again for two weeks of white teeth. My girlfriend is a dental assistant and said the reason they get so white is because the teeth are deyhdrated. Once they return to normal, so does the color. Best of luck!
pink_apple
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Jemm_ wrote:
My girlfriend is a dental assistant and said the reason they get so white is because the teeth are deyhdrated. Once they return to normal, so does the color.

How does teeth get dehydrated??? Is this one of the treatments prior whitening?
ckmini
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Is ZOOM whitening the method that uses a special (blue) light to whiten your teeth? I've seen the ads at my dentist's office but dare not mention cuz i did the home whitening trays years ago, and it hurt like crazy during the first week or so. I spent $300 on the home set and i think i didn't even finish using 2 syringes of that whitening paste. I told my dentist about the extreme sensitivity i experienced after the first night of wearing my tray (which was actually uncomfortable to sleep thru the night with), and he had me buy a $10 Fluoride gel to use on alternate nights to supposedly relieve my sensitivity. Well, i tried doing that but it was still too sensitive, so i just gave up. My teeth did get somewhat whiter at the time, but now it's been back to my original, not-even-close-to white shade. Am i doomed to have "less than" white teeth because of my sensitivity to most of these harsh whitening procedures?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have had my teeth bleached professionally and purchased the VERY expensive gel to continue applications at home. I did this for years - then I found www.drgeorges.com. Holy Smoke! does that stuff work. Discomfort is minimal because youcontrol the amount of time the product stays on.It's very inexpensive and works fast.
luvmakeup1000
5% products discount

Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
I would NOT do it again. I only went up one shade. It wasn't worth the money. I went up one shade doing the Crest whitestrips.
ckmini
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
luvmakeup1000 wrote:
I would NOT do it again. I only went up one shade. It wasn't worth the money. I went up one shade doing the Crest whitestrips.

I did Crest whitestrips, too, when they first came out. I placed them on my teeth before i get into my car, figured by the time i got to work (30-min drive), i could remove them and have whiter teeth. On my 2nd day doing this, my teeth got super sensitive and i couldn't even eat lunch or talk properly that day... *sigh* couldn't believe how sensitive my teeth are. Sad But i have to say, i did notice that my teeth got whiter after using these strips for a week.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
I want to get laser done soo bad but my dentist keep trying to tell me I shouldn't. I guess at the front of my teeth I had too much calcium or something so they have extra white patches. So they said it wouldn't look good. Does anyone else have that problem that got their teeth whitened still? I rather they look weird then having yellow teeth lol.
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:53 am      Reply with quote
I had zoom done several years ago. You need to keep your bleach trays up with this or you teeth will discolor.

After the zoom, I still had dark stains on my lower teeth at the bottom.

I just purchased the Ultreo toothbrush and I am absolutely amazed by this toothbrush. In fact if I could give it 20 stars I would. Better than the Sonic or Braun. After two weeks my teeth are whiter than they have ever been and the stains on the bottom of my teeth are almost gone.
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:39 am      Reply with quote
platinumrose wrote:
I had zoom done several years ago. You need to keep your bleach trays up with this or you teeth will discolor.

After the zoom, I still had dark stains on my lower teeth at the bottom.

I just purchased the Ultreo toothbrush and I am absolutely amazed by this toothbrush. In fact if I could give it 20 stars I would. Better than the Sonic or Braun. After two weeks my teeth are whiter than they have ever been and the stains on the bottom of my teeth are almost gone.

Do you use a specific toothpaste with this toothbrush? That's kind of annoying if you still have to keep up with the trays. I was hoping using supersmile would be good enough as it sure does help maintain a white smile!
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:25 am      Reply with quote
sorry it took me a while to get back. I use a whitening toothpaste but it really doesn't matter. It is the action of the toothbrush. I am amazed beyond words.
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I have had great success with at home bleaching trays (purchased at my dentist) and the Opalescence 10% gel. I first whitened my teeth this way about 10 years ago (I achieved about 6 shades whiter!) and they really have stayed white. I only have to maintain it once a year (3 day treatment). Mind you, I don't drink coffee or smoke. I do enjoy red wine occasionally, though.

I also experienced sensitivity with using it overnight. So, when I do use it, I leave it in for 2-3 hours (my dentist told me leaving them in any longer than that does not whiten your teeth any further and only increases sensitivity).

My initial investment was about $250 and the syringes cost me $7.50, so maintaining my teeth is extremely inexpensive.

I'm curious about this new toothbrush, platinumrose. What's it all about? Where do you get it and how much does it cost?
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
CMAYC wrote:
I have had great success with at home bleaching trays (purchased at my dentist) and the Opalescence 10% gel. I first whitened my teeth this way about 10 years ago (I achieved about 6 shades whiter!) and they really have stayed white. I only have to maintain it once a year (3 day treatment). Mind you, I don't drink coffee or smoke. I do enjoy red wine occasionally, though.

I also experienced sensitivity with using it overnight. So, when I do use it, I leave it in for 2-3 hours (my dentist told me leaving them in any longer than that does not whiten your teeth any further and only increases sensitivity).

My initial investment was about $250 and the syringes cost me $7.50, so maintaining my teeth is extremely inexpensive.

I'm curious about this new toothbrush, platinumrose. What's it all about? Where do you get it and how much does it cost?

Wow thats pretty expensive, considering you can get zoom whitening for only $199!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
FYI, you can get whitening kits on Ebay for very cheap.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:42 am      Reply with quote
cortigirl wrote:
Wow thats pretty expensive, considering you can get zoom whitening for only $199!

$199?! Shock
I've never heard of zoom whitening being that inexpensive! My dentist charges between $500-$600.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

StriVectin Repair & Protect Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sothys Pore Refiner System Matifying Refiner Solution (30 ml / 1 oz) Babor Skinovage PX Vita Balance Oxygen Energizing Cream (50 ml / 1.75 oz)