Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr.Hauschka's products!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
becks
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:03 am      Reply with quote
I have used Dr. Hauschka's productsfor one week and they have already done wonders with my skin!!
I have one question regarding the cleasing cream though... Question
Usually when I use clasingcreams/milk I do take of the cream and the foundation and make up comes with the cotton pad.. In this case the cleasingcream seems to be "absored " by the skin. Where does my makeup go...? I am really satiesfied by the result but I 'm quite confuesed.........
becks
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:06 am      Reply with quote
I seemed a bit unclear...
I mean when I remobve the clasingcreams/milk the foundation and make up comes with the cotton pad. With Hauuschkas cream It get almost absored by my skin and when I rise with water afterwars it doesn't seem do get of any make up..
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi becks! I have just started using the cleansing cream too for about a week and a half. But I don't seem to have seen the results yet that everyone has been raving about Sad

Anyway I do like it and it feels like I get a really deep down clean but my open/blocked pores don't look any better hmm

Anyway re: your question. The cleansing cream is not a make up remover. You need to use a sperate product to remove it and then use the Dr.H cream.

Hope this helps
Mabsy

Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:47 am      Reply with quote
Becks - could you clarify which product you're using? Is it the cleansing cream (i.e. the one that comes in a tube) or the cleansing milk (the pump bottle)?
becks
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:54 am      Reply with quote
it is the cleansing cream (the one witch seeems a peeling but isn't)littlebo..I thougt it was to work as a make up remover as well. Do I need the cleasingmilk before and then apply the cleasingcream? (feeling studpid )
The products I used before there is only onle cleasing cream/milk and a toner so i thought it was the case also with Dr. Hauschka.
on Hauschka' s site it is written like this...

"A very important core product in the Dr Hauschka facial skin care range. This cream deeply cleanses but also maintains the pH balance so that the acidic barrier protecting your skin is not broken down. It maintains and supports the skin's natural moisture level.
Cleanses deeply, removing dirt particles and skin secretions
Serves as a gentle exfoliant when used daily
Activates skin to cleanse itself
Preserves natural pH balance of the skin

Useage
For a deep cleansing, gently press Cleansing Cream onto face and neck. Complete the cleansing process by applying a Dr. Hauschka toner
or conditioner.

Apply: Mornings and evenings

How It Works
The active ingredients are almond oil and the grated almond kernel itself (almond meal). The meal, when mixed with water forms an emulsion (oil and water) which binds with the oil and perspiration on the skin. The impurities are lifted out of the pores by the pressing and rolling "
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:57 am      Reply with quote
Becks,

I think somewhere on the packaging it said that this product is not a makeup remover and you must remove makeup fist.

When i started using it I asked everyone if there was a good cheap face wash I could use to remove the make up.

hmm Mabsy will definatly know! This is one of her faves!!

Smile
becks
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:02 am      Reply with quote
ok I missed that on the package...
I will use my "old" makeup remover in the meantime and order the cleasing milk as soon as possible. The stange thing is ....Even using the product "wrongly" my complex cleared up and my skin is much better. Strage... Confused
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:08 am      Reply with quote
well thats a good sign! I am only using the Cleansing cream, what other part of the range are you using?
Mabsy

Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:09 am      Reply with quote
Littlebo is right, the cleansing cream is not a makeup remover and should be used on clean skin. I usually use the cleansing milk first and then use the cream after rinsing off the milk (no need for the milk in the morning though).

I squeeze out a bit of the cream (maybe about 2cm worth) out of the tube onto wet hands, make into a paste and press it on all over my face for a few minutes. Then I wash it off. This is one of my favorite cleansers and I saw a pretty big improvement in my skin after a couple weeks of use. I used it religiously day and night, for a few minutes each time and exactly as directed. I hope it works for both of you as well as it has for me.

Mabsy
becks
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:17 am      Reply with quote
Littlebo
I had very dry skind withbreakouts so I wanted my skin to normalize instead of using any hash products (had an terrifing experience with a aha treatment this spring)
At the moment I am using;

normalizing day oil
the cleansing cream (soon also the cleansingMILK)
Clarifying Toner
Quince Day Cream and
Rejuvenating Mask
Thanks both of you for your advise (otherwise I'd carry on not removing my makeup.... Wink
Medusa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Erm... Can you also remove eye-make up with Dr. Hauschka cleansing milk? How well does it remove make-up?
And how necessary is it to use the cleansing cream afterwards? Won't the milk alone be enough for clean skin? Confused

Medusa
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Well.. this is not exactly right under this thread.. anyway, I just want to say that I finally tried both Jurlique and DrH's cleansing cream!! (though only used Jurlique once tonight!) I have to say that I guess I like DrH more in terms of the feel and even the smell(I may be the minority Wink )

I enjoy DrH more because it feels more gentle on my face, the "granules" in Jurlique are larger that might actually provide more "exfoliation" effects than that of DrH, but my thin skin just cant stand it, maybe reducing the use to twice or three times a week should be fine Very Happy
I also like the after-feel of DrH more, it leaves you a very nice film whereas Jurlique leaves me a mildly tight feeling that I feel that I need to moisturize right away.

In fact, both are of great quality, see your skin tolerance and what function you are looking for. Surprised
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
bbiz,

Can you explain what you mean by "I also like the after-feel of DrH more, it leaves you a very nice film "?

I always thought cleanser should not leave a film on your face Think
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi, mtview:

haha Laughing Laughing .. let me try to explain it better. I dont know if you have had such an experience before with some cleansers, it cleanses your skin well, but at the same time, it gets rid of your natural facial oil excessively that you feel your face so tight and you need to moisturize right the way. I guess these cleansers are not pH balanced! Neutral

With DrH, it leaves me a nice "film", yet, you still feel that your skin is clean, but not tight at all.. the "film" may be due to the essential oils in it, I guess Very Happy (I could be wrong though Question ), so, you can feel that your skin is supple and soft and ost importantly, cleaned!!! but it does not give you that kind of tight and dry feeling. I hope you get what I mean Wink
Mabsy

Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Medusa - I use the cleansing milk to remove makeup and it does a good job for me. With eye makeup though it really depends on how much you wear. Keep in mind that I don't wear heavy makeup and I don't wear waterproof mascaras either. When I do wear heavy eyeliner then I prefer to use a makeup remover (or Decleor Cleansing Oil) instead of using the cleansing milk. But, for everyday makeup removal the cleansing milk is fine.

Mtview - I don't know that it actually leaves a film on the skin - to me it just seems that it leaves the skin comfortable and somewhat moisturised even. I wouldn't say that there is an icky film left over or anything like that.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:09 am      Reply with quote
I just used the cleansing cream for the first time last night and the smell was terrible! Is it supposed to be like this? I was gagging trying to get it off my face!

-Cheri
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:35 am      Reply with quote
OMG! i have been away for too long, i can't believe i haven't posted on this thread yet!!!
i have been using dr h products religiously for about 2 months now and my skin has never been better. i know it's not for everyone, and the smell of the cleansing cream is either a love it or hate it one but i love it!
the 'film' left on the skin after cleansing is apparently the acid mantle of the skin, it should normally be there, so the cleansing is not disturbing the normal processes of the skin.
i am totally sold on all the products (although i've heard that the shampoo is not so great), i should get a commission from dr h given the amount of raving i've done about these products!

Kiwigirl.
Mabsy

Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:12 am      Reply with quote
Laughing I actually really like the smell of the Dr Hauschka cleansing cream!
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:55 am      Reply with quote
I used the cleansing cream again last night and the gag reflex wasn't nearly as bad. I did love the way my skin looked and felt afer the cleanse. Maybe I'll get used to the smell.

-Cheri
indianT
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:26 am      Reply with quote
hey all,

for some reason, Dr. H cleansing Cream didn't work for me. I started getting these small red bumbs on my face. First i thought it was just my skin getting use to the product but no it still was there. I have used it for more than 4 weeks and still didn't see any results.
One thing for sure. I did love the smell of it but hated the packing.
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
the packaging is apparently because the essential oils in the products react with plastic and shouldn't be exposed to light (hence not glass). i quite like the packaging myself, but it does take a little getting used to!

Kiwigirl.
cbeb
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
What i like about Dr. Hauschka products is the fact that they are all natural. It just seems better to put on your face than a load of chemicals, but thats just my opinion Idea
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |