Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Tarte Peaches & Cream Foundation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Pinup_Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
To think that I may have found two HG products in one week is amazing! Murad Combination Skin Treatment (see earlier post) and this praise-worthy product from Tarte Cosmetics. I can't say enough about how flawless this makes my very non-flawless skin look! Paired with Tarte's Provocateur Pressed Mineral Powder and my skin looks fantastic all day long (which is a lot to be said for oily/combination skin with large pores) and it has a suncreen to boot!!! What more could a girl ask for?! (Besides George Clooney's hand in marriage, eternal youth and good health and an unlimited bank account. HEHEHE Laughing )

Here's the down-low from Tart's website:

Peaches & Cream *limited-edition* Oil-free liquid powder mineral foundation SPF 20

The peaches & cream complexion: is it an unattainable myth? We were starting to wonder…until we whipped up this velvety confection for your skin. Apply it whenever you want to hide imperfections and create a perfectly smooth canvas. The vitamin-enriched, hypoallergenic, SPF 20 formula goes on like a dream and dries to a soft, powdery finish that’s just peachy.

skinvigorating™ benefits
• Proprietary multi mineral complex: Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium, Zinc, and Lysine help protect skin.
• Vitamins A & C: provide antioxidant protection against environmental stress
• Vitamin E conditions skin
• Dermatologist tested
• Oil-free formula

Shade Descriptions:
Fair- porcelain complexions
Light- light complexions
Medium- medium/light olive complexions
Tan- olive to deep-tan complexions

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this foundation!!! Did I mention I loved it?! LOL Wink
havana8

Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review, Pinup_Girl! I will have to check this one out...
Pinup_Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
You're quite welcome Havana! Let me know what you think if you happen to try it. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:16 am      Reply with quote
What are the "active" ingredients to give it the SPF? Any chemicals or all mineral?

Thanks !
havana8

Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Here is the listing as posted on their website:

Light, medium, tan active ingredients: 6% titanium dioxide, 3% zinc oxide. Other ingredients: water, cyclopentasiloxane, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, silica, nylon-12, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, aluminum chloride, copper sulfate, manganese chloride, sodium chloride, cobalt chloride, lysine, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, polydodecanamideaminium triazadiphenylethenesulfonate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, phytantriol, retinyl palmitate, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, sodium hyaluronate, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben, isopropylparaben. (+/-): iron oxide, mica, ultramarines.

Fair active ingredients: 6% titanium dioxide, 3% zinc oxide. Other ingredients: water, cyclopentasiloxane, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, silica, nylon-12, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, sodium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, PEG/PPG 18/18 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, polydodecanamideaminium triazadiphenylethenesulfonate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, phytantriol, retinyl palmitate, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, sodium hyaluronate, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben, isopropylparaben. (+/-): mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide. Made in USA.

http://tartecosmetics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=peaches&Category_Code=F
Girlzmommie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
So frustrating - I'm trying to buy it on their website (MUA also had a lot of positive reviews so I figured why not see how it is for myself) but whenever I try to complete the sale their system won't let me, and they don't have a phone # to call (annoying!!) so I just sent an e-mail asking for help.

Did you buy it from their site?
Pinup_Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi GM,

Yes, the only place you can get it is off the Tarte website. Even though other sites carry Tarte Cosmetics, they don't carry this limited edition foundation. I've bought 3 so far, one for me and my best friend and then a 2nd for myself after I tried it since it's an LE (I have never bought 2 foundations at once). They had a 35% off code, but unfortunately it has expired. Sad But they do offer free shipping if you purchase 3 items, but it's only a $5.00 flat-rate shipping cost otherwise. Also, if you spend $45 you can get a free Rest Assured Brightening Wand with code "Rest08". I've never had a problem ordering from their site, but I know that it takes you to another site when processing the payment.

I also highly recommend the Provocateur pressed mineral powder SPF 8, on top of the Peaches & Cream. I love this powder because you can use it alone for good coverage or over the foundation and it doesn't get cakey (at least on me and I have confused skin that's oily and can get flaky). Here's the info from the site:

provocateur pressed mineral powder SPF 8 pressed mineral powder and compact

Don't hide that gorgeous skin under a thick layer of cakey powder. Simply send that sheen undercover with a few dabs of Tarte's whisper light provocateur powder. The soft mineral formula can be used with a brush for light coverage or a sponge for a more opaque finish.

Skinvigorating™ Benefits
• SPF 8 (titanium dioxide and zinc oxide): a chemical-free sunscreen that protects from UV damage
• Oil, talc, paraben and fragrance-free
• Natural, mineral-based, hypoallergenic formula is compatible with all skin types
• A blend of plant-derived emollients including coconut oil to moisturize and hydrate skin
• Vitamins A & E condition skin and provide antioxidant protection

*Now sold in a layered leatherette compact with a sponge.

Shade Descriptions:
Fair- porcelain complexions
Light- light complexions
Medium- medium/light olive complextions
Tan- olive to deep-tan complexions

Ingredients: 0.39 Oz. /11.00 g active ingredients: 5% titanium dioxide, 6 % zinc oxide. other ingredients: polyethylene, HDI/trimethylol hexylacetone crosspolymer, tricaprylin nylon-12, boron nitride, caprylic/capric triglyceride, magnesium myristate, lanolin alcohol, isopropyl myristate, isopropyl palmitate, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, tocopherol imdazolidinyl urea. (+/-): mica, bismuth oxychloride, iron oxides, ultramarines, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, chromium hydroxide green. warning: avoid eyes. discontinue if irritation appears. do not use on infants under 6 months old. Made in USA. Compact made in China. Compact made of all man made materials.

HTH's Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
OK, they wrote me back, now I hope that they just manually process the order, which is what I am waiting to hear back about.

I ordered 3 (Light, Medium & Tan) so I could get the free shipping, will see which color (if any) works best for me, and I asked for the brightening wand as well. This sounds like a very nice product, as 9/10 reviewers on MUA would repurchase (that's an amazing %) and you really seemed to like it & it's non-chemical, sooo......

I will also stock-up if it is good for me, do you know how long they plan to sell it before it is discontinued?
Pinup_Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, the wand is nice too. I have no idea how long they're going to sell it for, but I'm going to email them and ask. I just may have to order a 3rd! The light is the perfect shade for me (same with the powder). What is your coloring GM?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Not terribly good at describing my coloring, and I tend to mix my foundations up a lot to get the right shade, or I mix it with sunblock, I'm always experimenting.....

I know I wouldn't be the Fair, that's why I tried the three darker ones.

Sitting by the computer, waiting for them to e-mail me back about whether they will manually input my order, suspense is killing me, gotta get a life.....
Pinup_Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
LOL...I feel your pain GM. I also emailed them regarding how long they will be offering the P&C foundation and have just gotten an auto-response reply thus far. I'll let you know their response.

Please let me know how it works for you when you receive it...I hope you adore it as much as I do!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review Pinup_Girl. I have decided to give this a try also. I'm still looking for my HG foundation and this looks like it has potential. I noticed the reviewers on MUA didn't just say they liked it; several gave it HG status. I also ordered the powder since it can apparently be used alone as a light foundation or over the peaches and cream like you described.

By the way, do you use your fingers, a sponge, or a brush to apply this?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have this and I ordered Medium, and it was way light for me. I don't think I am that dark. Here is my pic:
[img]Image[/img]
Pinup_Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mama,

I use a brush with the powder when I want a light application, but I use the sponge pad that comes along with it as well and it works great too. No matter how much I apply it never looks cakey on me. HTH's.

mamawalnut wrote:
Thanks for the review Pinup_Girl. I have decided to give this a try also. I'm still looking for my HG foundation and this looks like it has potential. I noticed the reviewers on MUA didn't just say they liked it; several gave it HG status. I also ordered the powder since it can apparently be used alone as a light foundation or over the peaches and cream like you described.

By the way, do you use your fingers, a sponge, or a brush to apply this?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Amy,

I usually use a light to medium foundation (more often medium because I don't like to look ghostly), but the light works great for me. I'm not sure why it's so light on you, but maybe it will help others choose their color. That's a lovely picture of you BTW. I guess I can be brave and post my pic as well. Hopefully I can figure it out. LOL

amylola wrote:
I have this and I ordered Medium, and it was way light for me. I don't think I am that dark. Here is my pic:
[img]Image[/img]

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, here's my pic for reference on the color...I use the light in both the foundation and powder. Ugh...I so need help with those crow's feet!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Great pics!! Both of you are really pretty!

I hope I made the right color choice. I went with the light and my skin tone seems similar to both of you although my hair and brows are darker like amylola's. I guess I will have to wait and see.

Pinup_Girl, how about the foundation? How do you apply it (fingers, sponge, or brush)?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Wow PinUp girl you are gorgeous!
I decided to break out this foundation again today and give it a whirl. I had been using Revlon Colorstay lately and really liking it. I used the Tarte PnC with a brush today. I guess it wasn't that light. Ive been using Renova for almost 2 months daily now, so maybe it is lightening my color a bit? I will post again at the end of the work day to report whether the foundation lasts, but it does go on very nicely, really like a liquid powder, its wierd!
Pinup_Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mama! I use a non-latex sponge which you can get by the bag in drugstores. Your hand would probably yield the heaviest application.

mamawalnut wrote:
Great pics!! Both of you are really pretty!

I hope I made the right color choice. I went with the light and my skin tone seems similar to both of you although my hair and brows are darker like amylola's. I guess I will have to wait and see.

Pinup_Girl, how about the foundation? How do you apply it (fingers, sponge, or brush)?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Amy! I've never used Renova, so I'm not sure on its lightening properties. I know...I love the liquid to powder formula.

Tarte responded to another question I had, but I have yet to hear back from them regarding how long they'll be offering this limited edition.

amylola wrote:
Wow PinUp girl you are gorgeous!
I decided to break out this foundation again today and give it a whirl. I had been using Revlon Colorstay lately and really liking it. I used the Tarte PnC with a brush today. I guess it wasn't that light. Ive been using Renova for almost 2 months daily now, so maybe it is lightening my color a bit? I will post again at the end of the work day to report whether the foundation lasts, but it does go on very nicely, really like a liquid powder, its wierd!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Girlzmommie, you ordered 3 all at once!! What if the color doesn't match? Then won't it go to waste? They're $35 each afterall Shock
Pinup_Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
LE SIGH....

I just got a response from Tarte and they're not going to make this a regular product. Here's what they said:

Thank you for your email! At this time we do not have any plans to keeping
the Peaches & Cream a part of the core tarte line; however, we have plenty
of stock, so feel free to continue to order it!

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best,
Tarte

Girlzmommie wrote:
I will also stock-up if it is good for me, do you know how long they plan to sell it before it is discontinued?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Pinup-Girl, do u know if their stores carry this product or I must order online? I'm still a bit uneasy about the shade. Confused
Pinup_Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Stardust,

As far as I know, Tarte's products are only sold in other stores like Sephora, etc. and they don't have their own store front. From what I have seen, the P&C foundation is only sold in their online store. As far as the shades go, I'd got to Beauty.com and look at the Tarte Provocateur pressed mineral powder shades...they have the same range as the foundation (Fair, Light, Medium, Tan) as opposed to their other foundation (Smooth Operator) which actually has shade names. I have the Light in both the P&C foundation and pressed mineral powder and they do seem to coordinate. This is the best way I can think for you to be able to view the shades. I normally use BE Medium Beige, but Tarte's Light is just right for me. HTH's!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
OK, just received them in the mail - (wow, these people are quick with shipping!!).

Will try them all out tomorrow - so excited!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |