Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

For the Neck ###
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:22 am      Reply with quote
Ok so neck is one area that can easily show signs of aging.

My question is do you cleanse your neck area as well when you cleanse you face.......I dont mean in mornings i mean at night when you cleanse your face....taking off makeup etc...do you cleanse the neck area at this time as well?....
Me personally i dont cleanse the neck at night cause other than moisturizer and sunblock at times nothing else goes on the neck area for me....is it neccessary to cleanse?

Also re moisturizer.....do you use your facial moisturizer on the neck area or the moisturizer you use for the face?
I personally use the moisturizer that i use on the body on the neck as well. And this works well for me...does it really matter what moisturizer you use there as well?

Aside from the neck......Most people live by "the less products you put on your face the better it will be and look" specifically the older people and they so and still live by this....actually my mom is soo living by this..and wants me to do the same lol........also i would say their skin looks quite good...
You know the KISS principle..."Keep it Simple Stupid!"

I know the body and the skin on my neck area looks much better compared to the face where i pay more attention with my various products.....But then i think the face area gets exposed the most i.e. sun, pollution etc so attention is required....But i cant help thinking maybe there is something to the KISS principle which we should apply to skincare as well and that we may be doing more harm then good from all the attention with various products we use on the face most time causing irritation etc this could be why we are always trying to fix problems on the face either clogged pores, dry skin, premature wrinkles Shock Shock ....Any thoughts on this?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:47 am      Reply with quote
I always cleanse my neck in the morning and night and the moisturiser that I use at night is always cheaper than my facial one. Its important as it keeps the skin young looking as the skin there is thin.
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:09 am      Reply with quote
I personally am using a richer cream on my neck than on my face. The skin on the neck is thinner and has fewer oil glands. I am in my 40's but still have slightly oily skin, so the rich cream would be awful on it. I also believe in the KISS principle, the fewer products the better, and the occasional night without anything on, so the skin gets a chance to breathe.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Everything goes on my face, goes on my neck, except some AHA products because neck skin is thinner than face. OCM, Vit-C, HA, Mask,....... everything.

My husband and I were talking about neck skin last night. He pinched his neck and the skin stayed there for few seconds but mine bounced back right away. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Funny thing is he does not have any neck ring at all but I have 3. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
re the neck rings i noticed them i had them since a child.....so i dont think it is neccessarily due to age Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:54 am      Reply with quote
Yeh I have had neck rings since I was a young child, i hate them though but I'm stuck with them.

I'll be watching this thread for more replies because I too am concerned about how to care for neck.
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:27 am      Reply with quote
I started by moisturizing cream and aha.
rachels
5% products discount

Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:06 am      Reply with quote
me three.I've had neck ring since I was a kid. And I even notice my daughter has neck ring. She is only 3 now.
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
I do now! Wish I had started earlier in life.
Actually I think it needs cleansing even more. You can really get a lot of grime off there. Consider the perfume, the sweating,etc
I find that wiping it with a cotton pad soaked in witch hazel will come off looking positively grey!! :-&
Ditto on the rings. I think it is more to do with genetics than age.
Crepiness - now that's age !!
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:24 am      Reply with quote
I usually put night cream on the neck. I ignored the area for the longest time. Now I'm noticing what I think is sun damage/discolouration. I don't want to wear turtlenecks and camouflage scarves when I'm older!!
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:06 am      Reply with quote
I do try to cleanse the neck during showers, and since my neck is much less sensitive than my facial skin, I use pretty strong actives as well as the sunscreens my face can't tolerate.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I used to put cheaper cream as neck cream, but since it showed my age much faster than my face wrinkle, now.. I use a much more expensive stuff on my neck...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I neglected my neck for the longest time then one day I started seeing very slight loss of elaticity and since then I have been putting everything on my neck that I put on my face. I wish I had started much earlier!
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I think, different people have different ways of things. For me, whatever I put on my face is what I put on my neck area.... but also, in most cases, I put more creams on my neck area to minimize the signs of aging.... Cheers.

simran wrote:
Ok so neck is one area that can easily show signs of aging.

My question is do you cleanse your neck area as well when you cleanse you face.......I dont mean in mornings i mean at night when you cleanse your face....taking off makeup etc...do you cleanse the neck area at this time as well?....
Me personally i dont cleanse the neck at night cause other than moisturizer and sunblock at times nothing else goes on the neck area for me....is it neccessary to cleanse?

Also re moisturizer.....do you use your facial moisturizer on the neck area or the moisturizer you use for the face?
I personally use the moisturizer that i use on the body on the neck as well. And this works well for me...does it really matter what moisturizer you use there as well?

Aside from the neck......Most people live by "the less products you put on your face the better it will be and look" specifically the older people and they so and still live by this....actually my mom is soo living by this..and wants me to do the same lol........also i would say their skin looks quite good...
You know the KISS principle..."Keep it Simple Stupid!"

I know the body and the skin on my neck area looks much better compared to the face where i pay more attention with my various products.....But then i think the face area gets exposed the most i.e. sun, pollution etc so attention is required....But i cant help thinking maybe there is something to the KISS principle which we should apply to skincare as well and that we may be doing more harm then good from all the attention with various products we use on the face most time causing irritation etc this could be why we are always trying to fix problems on the face either clogged pores, dry skin, premature wrinkles Shock Shock ....Any thoughts on this?
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
i always use some cream or serums which are not suitable to my face skin on my neck.
now what i am using is nia24 complex,
good smell and make my neck slightly allergic Crying or Very sad
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:41 am      Reply with quote
I don't normally use my face products on my neck except for sunscreen. Any products that I am not keen to use on my face go on my neck. My neck is in excellent condition, no wrinkles, no sagging or loose skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:29 am      Reply with quote
thankx for all the feedback people Very Happy .....although im not putting my face moisturizer on the neck or the face wash........im definatly making sure now to always moisturize the neck with my body moisturizer and to put sunblock always Very Happy

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |