Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
NuFace, Dermal Wand, Facemaster, Baby Quasar, Beuer?????
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
toblerone
5% products discount

Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Which one to get? The Facemaster and Dermal Wand are the cheapest. Do they still work? I'm 38 and starting to get a little saggy in the jowls eyes. I want something to help tighten and firm.

Which one to choose?
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to add more doubts to your question.
But I have the UP5 and could not be more pleased with it! It is just "the one". It has so many functions in one that is a very versatile gadget to have.
Also an skinroller is great!!! I am just starting to use it but in just one session i have seen improvement in the thickness of the thin skin of my hands and in some tiny lines in my face.
I have a professional microcurrent machine that I have not tested yet. Supposedly works wonders (it is called the non-surgical lifting) but i cannot help with that at the moment.
Many people is raving about light therapy.
I think a good facial exercise program is the key to tighten and strengh the facial muscles that at the end hold your skin to stay in place (check out flexeffect, IMHO is the best program out there to fight with sagging issues) and for the outside I am not an expert, but I am starting with retinoic acid and glicolic acid and soon I will add copper peptides. Too soon to report results. DMAE and matrixyl sound good too.
And don't forget to drink tons of water and some internal supplements as msm and vit c to mention some.
Ooops! I guess i did not help to answer your question... did I??? Shock
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - Am going to throw another gadget at you called Facemate. It has several functions which are LED, ultrasound, microcurrent, and skin softening ions which
also help to prevent breakouts. I've had it for over 6 months and really like it. The price is grat on eBay. I wanted the UP5 but it cannot be bought or shipped to the USA.
You may need a separate gadget for the eye area
which has a small head like the Derma Wand.
Good luck - I believe the best way to use any of these gadgets is consistently! DiPhx

5% products discount

Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
You just added to my questions, although I don't think I can get the UP5 in Canada, so I should cross that one off my list.
I wish I could find someplace that reviews all the machines together and lets you know which work best.
I'm leaning toward the Baby Quasar or the Nuface, but don't know which way to go.
Hmmm...I just checked on eBay and the Facemate is fairly cheap. I wonder if I should start with it?
toblerone
5% products discount

Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I've been reading that extra long post raving about it and decided to go to the end and read backwards and I noticed that people were talking about the Quasar SP (??). Does that mean that the Baby Q isn't cutting it anymore? Katee...are you still using it?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
toblerone wrote:
I've been reading that extra long post raving about it and decided to go to the end and read backwards and I noticed that people were talking about the Quasar SP (??). Does that mean that the Baby Q isn't cutting it anymore? Katee...are you still using it?

The Baby Q is wonderful. The only reason I upgraded was the SP takes less time plus I am a gadget junkie. Bad Grin Actually, I traded my Baby Q back to Advanced Thera for the big boy. For the difference in price the BQ is certainly the way to start. I have no idea if AT still allows you to upgrade and get a full credit on your BQ. One would have to call the company to see if they still do this.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
havana8

Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
toblerone wrote:
You just added to my questions, although I don't think I can get the UP5 in Canada, so I should cross that one off my list.
I wish I could find someplace that reviews all the machines together and lets you know which work best.
I'm leaning toward the Baby Quasar or the Nuface, but don't know which way to go.
Hmmm...I just checked on eBay and the Facemate is fairly cheap. I wonder if I should start with it?

As I understand it, the Baby Q and the Nuface provide different benefits to the skin. The Nuface uses low-level, waveform-shaped electrical pulses to reprogram the underlying muscle whereas the Baby Q and its big sister, the Quasar SP, use light therapy via red/infrared (or blue) light to apply photo rejuvenation to the skin. The difference is why many people opt to purchase/use both.
toblerone
5% products discount

Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
As I understand it, the Baby Q and the Nuface provide different benefits to the skin. The Nuface uses low-level, waveform-shaped electrical pulses to reprogram the underlying muscle whereas the Baby Q and its big sister, the Quasar SP, use light therapy via red/infrared (or blue) light to apply photo rejuvenation to the skin. The difference is why many people opt to purchase/use both.

So...what out there does the same as the NuFace for a more reasonable price? If I got the Baby Q, what would be my choice for the other device?
toblerone
5% products discount

Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:04 am      Reply with quote
One more question....My local salon is offering Ultra VPL™ Skin Rejuvenation. Where does this fit in in the mix?
I'm having trouble distinguishing what each procedure does - VPL, IPL, lasar, LED etc...my head is spinning!!
havana8

Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
I am not entirely sure, toblerone, but will take a stab at it. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will jump in and add, delete or move things around on the list where necessary. In the meantime, here is a small start....

Low Level Laser
· Beuer Softlaser
Suggested benefits: to minimize fine lines and wrinkles, to improve skin texture and tone, to assist with spots, to promote a more even skin colour

Laser Light Therapy Devices (LED)
· Light Sim
· Tanda System
· Baby Q
· DPL
· Quasar SP
Suggested benefits: to vitalize the skin, stimulate collagen, provide a tightening, plumping and brightening effect to the skin, effect a healthier looking, more even skin tone as well as to minimize or eliminate redness, address dark spots, enhance or accelerate healing of small cuts etc., relieve swelling, provide relief from minor pain, positively impact acne (depending on the combination of light), the reduction of some wrinkles

A good review by Rufus comparing three of these...
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=26120&highlight=tanda

Microcurrent Devices
· NuFace
· Tua Viso
· DermalTone
· FaceMaster
· TENS
· Suzanne Somers
Suggested benefits: To work, rehabilitate and tighten the underlying muscles, improve circulation, texture and tone, stimulate collagen and elastic

A good thread on the Nuface especially as some of the other devices are comparatively mentioned throughout...
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18130&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

High Frequency
· OxyLight High Frequency System
· DermaWand
Suggested benefits: For oxygenation, rejuvenation, stimulation, purification, diminishing the appearance of puffy eyes, to address fine lines & wrinkles

Multifunction Devices
· Rejuvawand – light therapy + vibrating massage
toblerone
5% products discount

Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:10 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
I am not entirely sure, toblerone, but will take a stab at it. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will jump in and add, delete or move things around on the list where necessary. In the meantime, here is a small start....

Low Level Laser
· Beuer Softlaser
Suggested benefits: to minimize fine lines and wrinkles, to improve skin texture and tone, to assist with spots, to promote a more even skin colour

Laser Light Therapy Devices (LED)
· Light Sim
· Tanda System
· Baby Q
· DPL
· Quasar SP
Suggested benefits: to vitalize the skin, stimulate collagen, provide a tightening, plumping and brightening effect to the skin, effect a healthier looking, more even skin tone as well as to minimize or eliminate redness, address dark spots, enhance or accelerate healing of small cuts etc., relieve swelling, provide relief from minor pain, positively impact acne (depending on the combination of light), the reduction of some wrinkles

A good review by Rufus comparing three of these...
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=26120&highlight=tanda

Microcurrent Devices
· NuFace
· Tua Viso
· DermalTone
· FaceMaster
· TENS
· Suzanne Somers
Suggested benefits: To work, rehabilitate and tighten the underlying muscles, improve circulation, texture and tone, stimulate collagen and elastic

A good thread on the Nuface especially as some of the other devices are comparatively mentioned throughout...
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18130&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

High Frequency
· OxyLight High Frequency System
· DermaWand
Suggested benefits: For oxygenation, rejuvenation, stimulation, purification, diminishing the appearance of puffy eyes, to address fine lines & wrinkles

Multifunction Devices
· Rejuvawand – light therapy + vibrating massage

THANK YOU so much!!! That's exactly the information that I was looking for!!
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:58 am      Reply with quote
havana8 - Thanks for the info - in what category does the Facemate belong?
tthagen1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
toblerone, thank you for your information. If you were to start with just one of the tools, which would you prefer. I mostly need it for fine lines, puffy eyes, and overall younger looking skin!
toblerone
5% products discount

Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
tthagen1 wrote:
toblerone, thank you for your information. If you were to start with just one of the tools, which would you prefer. I mostly need it for fine lines, puffy eyes, and overall younger looking skin!

I'm not the one to thank...it's Havana8 that provided all the infomation. I'm still not sure which device works better than the others. I think I'm going to start with the Baby Q. Maybe someone else can help you make your decision
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:
Sorry to add more doubts to your question.
But I have the UP5 and could not be more pleased with it! It is just "the one". It has so many functions in one that is a very versatile gadget to have.
Also an skinroller is great!!! I am just starting to use it but in just one session i have seen improvement in the thickness of the thin skin of my hands and in some tiny lines in my face.
I have a professional microcurrent machine that I have not tested yet. Supposedly works wonders (it is called the non-surgical lifting) but i cannot help with that at the moment.
Many people is raving about light therapy.
I think a good facial exercise program is the key to tighten and strengh the facial muscles that at the end hold your skin to stay in place (check out flexeffect, IMHO is the best program out there to fight with sagging issues) and for the outside I am not an expert, but I am starting with retinoic acid and glicolic acid and soon I will add copper peptides. Too soon to report results. DMAE and matrixyl sound good too.
And don't forget to drink tons of water and some internal supplements as msm and vit c to mention some.
Ooops! I guess i did not help to answer your question... did I??? Shock

Hi, what is the name of your professional microcurrent machine? Have you used it yet, are you seeing results? There are quite a few microcurrent machines on ebay that look pretty good. I have been lusting after th Nuface but am confused as to what to buy. I also use the UP5 and a skin roller along with Retin-A. I really think that I'm getting the best visible results from skin needling. I also use the UP5 everyday and the Baby Q three times a week. I would just like to hear from someone that's using a microcurrent machine and is really seeing posative results with lifting.
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thankyou havana8!!
penelope1

Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
I read in an above post (havana8) that a TENS unit is listed as a device for your face. Am I reading that correctly? If so - how do you use it for that and what exactly does it do? I have one that i use on my neck but if i can use it for anything anti-aging, I am totally there! Smile Thanks.
havana8

Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
penelope1 wrote:
I read in an above post (havana8) that a TENS unit is listed as a device for your face. Am I reading that correctly? If so - how do you use it for that and what exactly does it do? I have one that i use on my neck but if i can use it for anything anti-aging, I am totally there! Smile Thanks.

I don't know much about it and am not sure if they are the same machines, Penelope, but many local natural practitioners offer TENS sessions to stimulate the facial muscles for rejuvenation and to increase tone. Maybe it should come off the home device list? hmm

stovetop wrote:
havana8 - Thanks for the info - in what category does the Facemate belong?
Hmmmm.... It sounds as if it might be a multi-function device? It's described as Ultrasonic (1MHz & 3MHz) with a negative ion function, mixed wave current for facial massage, high energetic light and something called "skin moisture test".

http://www.mytimepeel.com/facemate-es330-functions.html
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi stovetop - As I use the facemate, I would put it in the multifunction category of ultrasound, microcurrent, and it helps avoid
breakouts. The is an LED but it is not as strong as the Baby Q or Lightstim. Different devices do differnt things. This works great for skin thickening, and some lifting but it doesn't do much for around the eyes so I'm looking for something small to use around the eyes for the wrinkles and crows feet. Hope this helps - DiPhx

5% products discount

Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Well I won a Derma Wand on eBay....I hope I get it soon.
I want a Baby Q too, but I need to save up a bit (I just spent wayyy too much money on thermal hair straightening last week)
bamboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Want to try Baby Q... But it's so expensive!! Sad
I just ordered Tanda though, will let you guys know the results.
mtiao

Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know why UP5 is not suitable in the US? I'm new to the forum and appreciate any help that I can get.
elee123
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:32 am      Reply with quote
where do you buy the dermawand? It seems to work.
clncaa

Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
How should I use both dermawand and facemaster
clncaa

Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Has someone used both dermawand and facemaster?please email me how you use them thanks
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |