Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
People who work: what do you do 1st thing at your desk?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
I'm just curious Razz

What do you do before you start work? Almost everybody I know seems to switch on their computers and check their email. I know one person who would say a prayer first before she touches anything else. Another girl I've seen dusts her desk Eh? and then sits and checks her email.

Most mornings I come here! Embarassed Bad Grin ...but only for a couple of minutes - honest! Wink

I'm wondering if there are other things people do besides checking their email...
SnowWhite
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:34 am      Reply with quote
The first thing I do is get milk for my cereal and then ready the daily candy emails before moving on to the important emails.
Mabsy

Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
I generally check my emails first thing in the morning while still at home, that way I know what is waiting for me once I make it to the office and to my desk Smile Since I then tend to get to the office with the critical emails (if any) already taken care of, I make myself a cup of tea, check my phone messages and walk around and say hi to whoever is in the office on the day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
I only have to drive into my office a couple days a week. First thing I do after hitting the rest room [after a 60 minute drive] is pour a cup of coffee and put on my makeup. I get in really early so I can leave early to beat the majority of traffic in the afternoon; spending 10 minutes at my desk to apply makeup saves me 30 minutes of drive time.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
SnowWhite wrote:
The first thing I do is get milk for my cereal and then ready the daily candy emails before moving on to the important emails.

Candy emails first, huh? Laughing that's so cute.

Yup I just realised I make my coffee, too, (or wash my mug if it hasn't been washed from the previous day's coffee Embarassed ) before I sit down and start with anything. I also have to drive an hour to get to the office, and I like to get in early as well so I could leave early and, most importantly, get a good parking spot.

Mabsy you sound like a very cheerful person at work, saying hi to everyone like that. I bet you lift people's spirits, too, doing that.
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I check the actuarial outpost, greatest forum in the universe.
lynnec
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
First I make a cup of tea, then I check my personal email, then my Facebook, then finally work email. I have to get all the fun stuff out of the way before I can concentrate on work. Smile
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
I usually read my e-mail on my Blackberry as I am on route to work. Usually I look for an e-mail that would notify me if the media is sitting outside my building. With that information, I have to use a different route and different entrance to enter the building.

When I'm inside my office, I usually dump my coat on my desk and go to my private washroom. Then I read the paper or finish sipping my coffee(I have a sofa in my office, then I go straight to work and that's about it.

I've been sharing and still do, my office with this this guy and personally, I can't stand him. He reads his bible and would speak out loud "Thank you Lord!" Rolling Eyes Shock Laughing

It would piss me off and interrupt my thoughts. I had to tell him to get rid of the bible, because you can't bring religion into the workplace.
I know, that is a mean thing to do, but it makes me feel uncomfortable, and yes, I do go to church every Sunday.

Now, I have someone from an agency come in and she is such a sweetheart. I allowed her to have access to my office, because my co-workers felt threatened by her. They are afraid that she would take over their job. Sometimes we talk and she would tell me stories when celebrities would show up where she works at her other job. She is a singer. One recent visitor was Paris Hilton. Anyway, she is fun to talk to and makes my time go by a lot faster.

Anyway, that is how my day usually starts. I usually dust my desk at the end of the day. Don't know why, we have staff who does that. It is a habit of mine to clean up before you leave the room.
Weird huh?
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:14 am      Reply with quote
Turn on my computer.... must.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:38 am      Reply with quote
turn on computer, then get myself a cup of tea and come back to check emails.
MrsDowFire
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Log on to work computer, open email, go to kitchen while email is downloading, unload lunch to refrigerator, make oatmeal and take back to desk and read email.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
I read the paper, I water my plant ... I turn on the computer, check my emails. List what i have to do for the day and stress about so much to do and so little time ... then usually, promptly go off and do something that is not on the list or fine someone to say hello to ...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:40 am      Reply with quote
I turn on the PC right away since it takes a long time to boot up. While waiting for it to go through whatever routines it needs to go through, I wash my coffee pot and start making my coffee as well as getting my bagel toasted. Then I eat my breakfast, drink coffee, and start checking email - personal first, then work. lol After that, it really depends on what starts to pile up on my desk. I just start to clear things that staff put in my inbox to review. I have a 24-hr policy - clear everything off my desk in that period or less. Never leave anything piled up!
yobi
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I get myself a cup of coffee and have my breakfast, then check email.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Turn on computer, check email, pee, fill up water bottle.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
turn on puter...go get tea and then check mua and sometimes here...then work...sometimes! Ha!
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
check facebook
wen_goldfish
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Coffee and check emails. But sometimes I would go the the washroom to put on makeup first. Very Happy
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Turn on my computer.

Sometimes I tackle something from my very important list (you know, the old 80/20 rule) and won't do anything else, particularly check emails till this is done.

Other times, I check emails. But then I can get distracted.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
MrsDowFire wrote:
Log on to work computer, open email, go to kitchen while email is downloading, unload lunch to refrigerator, make oatmeal and take back to desk and read email.

OMG - I do exactly the same thing!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
While Im waiting for the pc to load, I usually go and make a milky coffee (my only coffee/tea of the day) and then check my bank balance and credit card balance on line before I check any emails. Well, I know it can sometime make depressing reading, but theres so much CC/bank fraud, i want to know the minute it happens if it ever happens to me so I can put it right.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |