Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
What are the best PSF products to start with?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cindyadam
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I currently use Decleor products for moisturizing. I've been wanting to try some anti-aging products such as a C-serum, and I'd like something to help with lines/wrinkles.

I see that PSF products are popular. Can anyone make specific recommendations? I am 45 with dry and somewhat sensitive skin.

Thank you.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I love PSF's Phytolift Cranberry Eye and also DMAE Gel. Thanks for starting this thread as I too am interested in the PSF product line.
cindyadam
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:10 am      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
I love PSF's Phytolift Cranberry Eye and also DMAE Gel. Thanks for starting this thread as I too am interested in the PSF product line.

Thank you Smile
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hey cindy, I probably won't be much help; I'm in the same age range as you are, but oily so I'll use different products than you. I've heard tons of great reviews on the cranberry eye lift. I tried a sample of it and love the way it feels but need to use up my current eyecream before I buy anything else.

The pumpkin enzyme mask is wonderful and will certainly help to brighten your skin. My only concern is that it may be too strong for sensitive skin types. I've heard great things about PSF organic moisturizing mask so this may be the way for you to go.

You may want to take a look at some of their cleansers; it's a great way to get introduced to a new line without spending an arm and a leg.

Good luck and enjoy your new discoveries! Smile

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
I would recommend the C serums, they had a great smoothing and brightening effect on my skin. Start with lower % if you have sensitive skin. Also, do order a sample pack to get an idea of how the range will work for your skin.
cindyadam
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
Hey cindy, I probably won't be much help; I'm in the same age range as you are, but oily so I'll use different products than you. I've heard tons of great reviews on the cranberry eye lift. I tried a sample of it and love the way it feels but need to use up my current eyecream before I buy anything else.

The pumpkin enzyme mask is wonderful and will certainly help to brighten your skin. My only concern is that it may be too strong for sensitive skin types. I've heard great things about PSF organic moisturizing mask so this may be the way for you to go.

You may want to take a look at some of their cleansers; it's a great way to get introduced to a new line without spending an arm and a leg.

Good luck and enjoy your new discoveries! Smile

Thank you so much Smile
cindyadam
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
I would recommend the C serums, they had a great smoothing and brightening effect on my skin. Start with lower % if you have sensitive skin. Also, do order a sample pack to get an idea of how the range will work for your skin.

Thank you. I'm definitely interested in the C serums.
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
I like PSF HA Serum, have used 5 bottle!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
*raises hand* 42 & dry skin here!! PSF O2 Rescue serum spray is a must have! i use it from everything to help set my MMU to calming down angry post-peel skin or OTM blemishes that attempt to emerge!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
The moisture mask is really nice.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:03 am      Reply with quote
I would recommend vitamin C serum ana HA serum.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:27 am      Reply with quote
I recommend the PSF vit C serum for in the A.M. and the retinol night cream for P.M. To get the most benefit from actives, wait 10 minutes after washing face to apply the active, and then wait 20 minutes after that before applying anything else.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:50 am      Reply with quote
HA serum
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:08 am      Reply with quote
PSF MicroCrystal Resurfacing Cream
fab50
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:08 am      Reply with quote
PSF Gentle Cleansing Castile - love it!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:31 am      Reply with quote
HA serum
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
I recommend the PSF vit C serum for in the A.M. and the retinol night cream for P.M. To get the most benefit from actives, wait 10 minutes after washing face to apply the active, and then wait 20 minutes after that before applying anything else.

I was told by someone on the forum that since the PSF Vitamin C serum didnt have a very high pH that it wasnt necessary to wait. I hope Im not missing out on the benefits since I havent been waiting. Confused Im always in a rush in the AM and PM, so I would have to do some reconfiguring if I would have to include a wait time for the product to be more effective.
fab50
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
angelwings1226 wrote:
I was told by someone on the forum that since the PSF Vitamin C serum didnt have a very high pH that it wasnt necessary to wait. I hope Im not missing out on the benefits since I havent been waiting. Confused Im always in a rush in the AM and PM, so I would have to do some reconfiguring if I would have to include a wait time for the product to be more effective.

I think what you mean is that since the pH is a bit higher (3.4) you don't have to wait, and I think that's correct. If it were lower, say a pH of 2.0, it would be more acidic and you'd want to wait so that it could penetrate, exfoliate and give your skin a chance to return to its normal pH of 5.5.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Here's what I do with Vitamin C to incorporate a wait time fairly painlessly--I have my C serum on the nightstand by my bed. So, when my alarm goes off, I swipe it on, then get up and fix breakfast. By the time I've had coffee and a bite and am ready to wash up, the C serum has had plenty of time to work.
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
fab50 wrote:
angelwings1226 wrote:

I think what you mean is that since the pH is a bit higher (3.4) you don't have to wait, and I think that's correct. If it were lower, say a pH of 2.0, it would be more acidic and you'd want to wait so that it could penetrate, exfoliate and give your skin a chance to return to its normal pH of 5.5.

Yes thats what I meant! And you were the one that told me that. lol Thanks again. Very Happy
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
Here's what I do with Vitamin C to incorporate a wait time fairly painlessly--I have my C serum on the nightstand by my bed. So, when my alarm goes off, I swipe it on, then get up and fix breakfast. By the time I've had coffee and a bite and am ready to wash up, the C serum has had plenty of time to work.

Ok. Well I think I could figure out a way to incorporate this, even though I dont usually eat in the mornings! (I know I should) But I understand the concept. Thanks! Very Happy
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:25 am      Reply with quote
Vit c 15% and ha serum
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |