Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Smith's Rosebud Minted Rose Balm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
As a long-time user of the cult-favorite classic, Rosebud Salve, I am happy to say that I their new Minted version!

The product isn't overly minty, but gives a nice, cool sensation to one's lips, while offering the same properties as the original.

However, the tint of Smith's Minted Rosebud Salve is more red in tone, in comparison to the original's pink. My lips have a light, subtle tint of rosiness.

The above post is a review of the following products available at EDS:
Smith's Rosebud Minted Rose Balm (22 g / 0.8 oz)

This cult-favorite, minty, multi-purpose lip balm soothes dry lips, calms and heals irritation, and soothes the sting of minor burns. Try dabbing on dry elbows or knees to condition, and relieve dryness.

This cult-favorite, minty, multi-purpose lip balm soothes dry lips, calms and heals irritation, and soothes the sting of minor burns. Try dabbing on dry elbows or knees to condition, and relieve dryness.

Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I like the idea that this one has more colour, but I don't want to use minty balms for the fact that it can burn your lips if you use it a lot and the bitter cold air in the winter would set your lips on fire! Laughing

It's great that someone posted a review on this balm.
Mabsy

Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
I like this much *much* better than the original but was hoping, given the name of it, that it would be a bit more minty. I picked this up after some ladies here raved about it and one stated that she didn't like the original but loves this. So, off to Sephora I went! The lip balm keeps the lips nicely protected, shiny, not too sticky, and has the added bonus of adding a slight red hue to the lips (it's a little bit tinted) and a nice fresh feeling as you apply it. Very nice faint minty/rosey smell to it as well. I'm also quite liking the Strawberry version but the minted is the best I've tried from the Smith's lip balm range.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:28 am      Reply with quote
Maybe I should give this one another try.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum wrote:
As a long-time user of the cult-favorite classic, Rosebud Salve, I am happy to say that I their new Minted version!

The product isn't overly minty, but gives a nice, cool sensation to one's lips, while offering the same properties as the original.

However, the tint of Smith's Minted Rosebud Salve is more red in tone, in comparison to the original's pink. My lips have a light, subtle tint of rosiness.

Rosebud Salves and lip balms have been a favorite gift to give away as it fits into small packages. Everyone who gets one loves them. Had one friend hoping it was in her usual Christmas gift...which it was. She uses it all the time. I got some of the mint and love it. I can never have too much lip balms.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Yes, this Rosebud salve helped wean me away from all other sticks and such. Now I use it maybe 3-4 times a day, a.m. p.m. and after meals. And under lipsticks if my lips are dry. I used to always be applying something, but now I have to remind myself because my lips feel conditioned. Good stuff.
Punkityn
5% products discount

Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
o0o0o I am going to have to try this one! I used to use the "original salve" all the time!! thanks girls!!! Razz
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have not tried the mint but do like the Stawberry. The size of the balm for the price is wonderful. Excellent product. Smile

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
how does it compare to burt's bees lip balm?
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
I personally like this stuff and usually have a tin by my Dr. H at night!! I prefer the original formula though, but the tingly sensation is really nice and it works just as good as the original too!
carrymelikewater
5% products discount

Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Ah..lip balms/lipsticks of all sorts are my weakness. I had recently purchased a sizeable number of rosebud's Smith Salve (original). However, I love products with mint that could give me the tingly sensation, so I went out again to purchase the minted rose salve. And I love it!! I alternate between the two. The original for home use and minted rose for when I'm going out. The minted rose tops it for the slight rosy tint, tingly feeling and moisturizing effect on my lips. Great product in a cool packaging!
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:19 am      Reply with quote
i want to know the differences between the rose one and the Strawberry one....or i should buy both of them?!
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:42 am      Reply with quote
I don't think there is much difference in terms of formulation. It's probably just made to smell different. Dear lord I do love my minted rosebud. I was just getting so chapped until I started using it, and the tin is so pretty.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:24 am      Reply with quote
The Minted Rose balm has become my favorite lip balm so far. It gives a light oily film to the lips but not sticky at all, and I like the subtle color too. My only complaint is the container - I wish it could come in a stick rather than a jar.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I love the color of rosebud~~
But, although they are either pink or red, they really have very light color when applying on the lips.
I love the huge amount of rosebud, maybe each item could be used for years~~~
wylone
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
the classic one is my favourit lip balm up to now. Minted flavor? Really wanna give a try.
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
I love the color of rosebud
and the price is very cheap.
it also can use for a long time.
lilybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have to say that do not use it as lip balm cuz it's not hydrated enough ( my lip is healthy, not very dry) use it as lip gloss is ok

by the way i don't like it. i like burt's bees pomegranet replenishing lip balm. It's cheap (under $5) and it has nice color, it's hydrated and has a beatiful gloss.

5% products discount

Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:08 am      Reply with quote
like cool sensation, thanks for sharing.
Annonymous
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:48 am      Reply with quote
it's too glossy for my liking. It doesn't add any color to your lips, at least not to mine. I like the feeling of it though.
yoyo-mami
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:27 am      Reply with quote
burt's bees lip balm is good.
Amy Lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Maybe I should give this one another try too
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud salve is terrific for curing tiny cuts on your skin
michxly
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
I used the rosebud salves- plain, strawberry, and minted for years and found them alright. Not great though. Not very hygenic now that I think about it cause I was dipping my fingers into it constantly. I'm using the burts bee's tinted lip balms (the thin ones) under my lip gloss/lipsticks now and they feel minty, don't go on as thick and even look great on their own. Best part is that you twist the bottom so your fingers are never touching the product.
newbiely
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:47 am      Reply with quote
I already bought two with different favors.Hope it works for my dry lips
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |