Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is your favourite SPF?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
toblerone
5% products discount

Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:43 am      Reply with quote
I'm having trouble finding an SPF that I like. I don't like the ones that have the whitish/grey cast and are really sticky. I would prefer one that is already in a moisturizer.
Is there one out there for me?

Question
addiesmom
5% products discount

Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:40 am      Reply with quote
I like IS clinical spf 25. Sinks right in and doesn't burn.
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:41 am      Reply with quote
La Roche Posay as it leaves no film and dries in completely
Punkityn
5% products discount

Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite SPF is the DDF Enhancing SpF 30. Very Happy Living in so cal, I can't go with out it!! It is the same formulation as the Organic Spf 30. So it is good for sensitive skin but it has the addition of colorspheres Very Happy which actually work with your own color tone; so that you don't get the white cast from the physical spf. I believe it has zinc and titanium dioxide for the uv and uvb protection and it is backed by the SKin cancer foundation. Price is about $30 and it Does have moisturizing capabilities Very Happy also a "redox" complex. Wich is fancy for extra antioxidants protecting from the free radicals. I use this on top of a moisturizer and you can use it alone. Also very good for the body!!
I am super sensitve and prone to sun poisioning, so this has been my absolute favorite! I used to use the PTR before I found this one. The ultra-lite spf 30. that one is good too! but no colorspheres Wink
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
My fave moisturizer with SPF is the Devita Solar Protection Creme 30. Very smooth texture, not at all sticky and even though the active ingredient is zinc oxide, it's totally transparent and you'd never know it was a physical SS.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
i have used and loved the shiseido sunscreens for years and love them. Also just tried NCN ProSkincare's "I'm Covered" and love that! All are lightweight, easy to wear makeup over.
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
i like to use ddf organic sun block spf30.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote for DDF Organic SPF30. I also like NIA24 SPF30. I am thinking of trying Luzern SPF30 next.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Skinceuticals UV Defense SPF 30
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
Sunkiller super block clear SPF 50+

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:09 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried that many sun blocks yet, but I like La Roche Posay the most.
It is not a HG yet, because I can see some whiteness after applying the products. I would love the try a sunblock that is totally clear on the skin.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
La Roche Posay 60!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
MDF SPF30, it wouldnt cause breakout!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
The best ones I've used that offer superior protection and layers beautifully under makeup without any balling or a white cast are Skinceuticals UV Defense SPF 30, True Solutions Total Age Protector 30+ untinted (it's made in Australia) and Ultraceuticals Protective Moisturiser SPF30+.... in sizes 90ml, 100ml and 150ml respectively. Cool

I mix my daily moisturiser in with my sunscreen so it's one layer less because there are a couple of others to follow. Laughing My application stretches down to my decolletage and out to my shoulder blades, with the excess on my forehead (crucial to preventing greasy fringe symptom!!) Mad

I would rate the Skinceuticals as the best and hope in future it follows the trend of other lines in upping it's size in the tube (only since people are now smartening up with skincare, are more sun-conscious, and want better value).. Very Happy

I do like the sounds of the DDF Enhancing SPF 30... antioxidating (always good) and has colorspheres sounds interesting. Wink
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
My no 1 is Ultraceuticals spf30. The only once I continue to repurchase.
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:02 am      Reply with quote
i like ultraceuticals too, but i have found a sunscreen that for me is HG so far.

it's called natopherol dermal skin protection day with spf 30. it comes in a box with 30 capsules in blister packs, each capsule i think may be used for 2 applications if you just use it on for your face but i use it on my hands as well, so i use one capsule per application. the main ingredients are d-alpha tocopherol (vit E), apricot kernel oil, silicone, titanium dioxide and octhyl methoxysinnamte, so a mixture of physical and chemical sunscreens.

i like that it contains vit e so it's good for my skin. upon application it feels slightly greasy but after a couple of minutes, viola, beautifully matte texture that's great for my greasy skin!
if i'm just schlepping around the house or going to the grocery store i use my md skincare tinted moisturizer spf15 but if i'll be out for longer this is the one i use. top it with sk-II airtouch foundation and i'm good to go! Very Happy
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:57 am      Reply with quote
I use La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF 30.
LisaAnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I have both PSF and Skinmedica. I prefer the Skinmedica because it has no smell and goes on drier. If you are looking for one more on the moisturizing side, the PSF may be better.
rachels
5% products discount

Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:49 am      Reply with quote
I like La Roche Posay Anthelios Lait SPF40. It is not greasy,and It's preservative free.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:57 am      Reply with quote
I got one from my derms office, Medique SPF 45 and it is flesh coloured so that it doesn't leave you white and it is moisturizing too. I also has Calendula oil, jojoba oil, rosehip oil, vita C, vita E and grape seed extract. It is made in Canada so it may not be available in the US.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I really love "Aveeno Sunblock For Face SPF 30". It absorbs in after a few minutes and actually feels good on your skin, unlike other's I tried that remained greasy. It also has soy protein + vitamins A, C + E which is a good thing.

Kassy... Cool Cool Cool

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
pink_apple
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:23 am      Reply with quote
For my sun sensitive skin, I really don't like Shiseido which is definitely not protective enough even the SPF50+. I usually think this particular sun block in Shiseido is over value...
pink_apple
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:26 am      Reply with quote
I did try Coppertone, Banana Boat, L'Oreal and Aveeno with high SPFs. They are all better than Shiseido, Sofina, & IPSA. My last word is to go with less cosmetic image brand....
cristaline
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:33 am      Reply with quote
La Roche-Posay and Bioderma.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Bioderma AKN SPF30 spray
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |