Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

E-Bay purchases
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
samkaj
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:59 am      Reply with quote
I know this topic has been discussed prior but I need some perspective, please. I have decided to purchase Valmont DNA repair, Lip Repair and Neck cream. The total for this from EDS will amount to approximately $540 (it might be cheaper if purchased from the US but I think prices are higher for Canadian customers). The total would be approximately $310 if purchased from e-bay.

Now, I have concerns about product quality and reliability of e-bay purchases but this is such a substantial saving that I feel I need to explore this option. Do you think it would be too much of a risk? I was checking the store Strawberry.Net on e-bay and they seem to have a good track record.

I would surely appreciate some feedback on my dilemma. Thanks!!
tthagen1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:24 am      Reply with quote
i have had good luck with ebay purchases. I have not purchased skin care on there, but other purchases that I have made have been really good, and even 1 product that was not what I thought it was, was easily returned.

I think as long as they have a good reputation, you should be pretty safe.
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:44 am      Reply with quote
i buy lots of skincare on e-bay, simply because they're cheaper! Laughing
i do pay extra care to the seller's feedback, and go for ones with 100% positive feedback or very close to it, and with lots of transactions under their belt. my latest purchase is philosophy by purity - my own philosophy is that a girl can never be too rich, too thin or have too many cleansers!! Laughing
Maureenall
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I buy skincare products on ebay but always from people with a high number of transactions and 100% feedback. Never had a problem.
Good Luck
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:41 am      Reply with quote
I think you'll be fine. I just recently brought cellex-c sea silk moisturizer off an member. As long as the feedback is good, and they have a return policy, you should be okay. The Valmont lip repair is great btw!!!
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
I've purchased many, many skincare products from Ebay, and saved 100s of dollars.

Like everyone else said, just be careful and make sure that you buy from a reputable seller with over 99% feedback and always use Paypal funded by a credit card. That way, if there's a problem with the product, or you don't receive it, you can get usually get your money back.
samkaj
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the replies. I think I'll take the plunge. I can hardly wait to get all my goodies!!
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
As long as they have good feedback you should be confident. The sellers don't want to risk their long standing reputation on a bad deal.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
I've never actually purchased skincare from Ebay sellers before but was recently considering purchasing from one I found in the US which retailed the Phytomer line. What I would look for is the seller rating, feedback and if the store exclusively sold the line this would usually mean good turnover of stock.

The seller which I looked at also sold salon size, which means they have access to a salon/ spa.

Luckily I don't have to go down this path anymore as EDS now ships to Australia again, and the products are guarranteed. Wink
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
I did buy couple times from ebay and they are pretty reliable.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
When I purchase products from ebay I always ask the seller the expiry date, is the product sealed, is it sealed in the original packaging (Brand new, unused, untested), and is it authentic.
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:08 am      Reply with quote
Definetly ask for the expiration date!!! So important!!! there have been a couple great deals on ebay I've declined because I thought the exp. date might be dodgy.
samkaj
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:33 am      Reply with quote
Asking for the expiry date and whether the product is sealed in the original packaging is a great idea. Thanks.
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:35 am      Reply with quote
I too, use ebay. Check number of transactions, feedback comments and ask about expiry date.
Good luck!
beti
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:38 am      Reply with quote
I second Juliemarie, ask about expiry date, and also chek the feedback is over 99.
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Before begin purchasing, If you have any questions feel free to ask the seller. Wink
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I will try to purchase something which is not expensive from the seller and determine from product and service and also feedback.
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Let us know if it works out!!!
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:37 am      Reply with quote
cahoot wrote:
i buy lots of skincare on e-bay, simply because they're cheaper! Laughing
i do pay extra care to the seller's feedback, and go for ones with 100% positive feedback or very close to it, and with lots of transactions under their belt. my latest purchase is philosophy by purity - my own philosophy is that a girl can never be too rich, too thin or have too many cleansers!! Laughing

I totally agree with your philosophy. Especially the can never be too rich part!
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I have bought on eBay and also sold for many years although not skincare items. Sellers are very cautious and want to please their customers. We are affected by negative feedbacks. Also if a seller doesn't act properly Ebay can suspend us. Of course there are scammers but for the most part I trust ebay for buying and selling.
annie313
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
I've bought many products of of Ebay. If the expiration date is not listed, e-mail the seller through Ebay and ask. I buy Yonka products and have never had a problem.
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
My husband and I sell products on ebay (yes, some of my stockpile beauty buys I haven't used). We are always very careful about everything. HIs big hang up is shipping. If it's not sent out within a day or two of purchase, he gets all paranoid he'll get bad feedback! He's very sensitive about that! lol.
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Seeing all this I am thinking about buying some products on Ebay myself!
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
I know angelwings1226!! Doesn't it make you want to jump on ebay and spend more money on skincare...I really am addicted!!! Rolling Eyes
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I know angelwings1226!! Doesn't it make you want to jump on ebay and spend more money on skincare...I really am addicted!!! Rolling Eyes
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |