Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Clarisonic for use in the UK
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

I am thinking very seriously of purchasing a Clarisonic brush soon but I am not sure if I will be able to use it in the UK. On the EDS site it mentions this :
Note: The clarisonic charger cradle currently only supports North American 120V power outlets

Does this mean that I wouldn't be able to use it in the uk or could I buy some sort of adaptor to allow me to use it here in Britan?

If anyone uses one in the UK or knows the answer to this I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,
Pandora x
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Just bumping this to see if someone knows Wink
Hope this is okay!
Pandora x
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi there

I asked this questions a while ago. I think the official answer is no, but some people seem to have used one with an adaptor. I emailed an ebay seller and that was their advice, usa an adaptor. However, I figured it was a lot of money for something I'm not sure will work.
Sorry, this probably isn't the answer you wanted!
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Rachael, I might try and email clarisonic directly. A lot seem to be sold to uk users via ebay so I think there must be some way to use it in the uk but like you it is a lot of money to spend if your not sure!
If I ever find out I'll let you know.
Pandora x
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
hi i live in malaysia which uses the same voltage as the uk. i bought the clarisonic in august last year and uses a voltage converter to charge it (at first i used an adapter but the unit got really warm while charging which freaked me out). with the voltage converter i had no problems at all charging the clarisonic. i bought a dpl also from the usa and use the same converter for it, over here a voltage converter is quite cheap, less than USD10.

i love both of these gadgets so don't let the voltage difference out you off!
Smile
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cahoot,
Thanks so much for your advice! I am definitely going to buy one now as I think it will be the perfect solution for my blocked pores Very Happy .

Thank you again!

Pandora x
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
No problem, Pandora!
I use the clarisonic almost every morning and find it really helps with the whiteheads on my chin! Plus it's like a mini massage every time you use it, so really, what's not to like? Laughing

Hope you like it! Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:09 am      Reply with quote
I live in Australia and contacted Clarisonic re the voltage question. They said that they would be releasing an international model early this year. The available model is only for North America, Canada and Japan. If you send them your email address, they will let you know when the international model is available.
Dora
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:44 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I live in Australia and contacted Clarisonic re the voltage question. They said that they would be releasing an international model early this year. The available model is only for North America, Canada and Japan. If you send them your email address, they will let you know when the international model is available.

Good news!
I hope EDS will carry the international model soon.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Is the international model available yet? What is the sensation of the brush like? Is it literally like an electric toothbrush? :)
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 9:07 am      Reply with quote
I recently contacted Clarisonic re the international model and they just said they are hoping to release it some time this year. Anyhow I finally decided not to wait any longer and purchased one. I bought a voltage adaptor and so far it's working perfectly. I have a sonic toothbrush and I wouldn't say it's quite a harsh as the toothbrush would be if you used it on your face!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
I recently contacted Clarisonic re the international model and they just said they are hoping to release it some time this year. Anyhow I finally decided not to wait any longer and purchased one. I bought a voltage adaptor and so far it's working perfectly. I have a sonic toothbrush and I wouldn't say it's quite a harsh as the toothbrush would be if you used it on your face!

Is your voltage adaptor one of those huge step up/step down machines or is it just a large plug thingy?
lff11221122
5% products discount

Wed May 14, 2008 8:12 am      Reply with quote
That a good news for me as well, I would like buy one now ..
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 8:16 am      Reply with quote
It's just a large plug....it's quite heavy, but it seems to be working well, at the moment anyway. I just went into an electrical shop and was given this convertor to use.
pomme_81
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
you can use it with an adaptor.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:18 am      Reply with quote
Did it take a long time to charge up initially? I keep hearing people saying who have bought it in the UK that it takes about 3 days for it to charge at first because of the current differences? Is this true?
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:17 am      Reply with quote
Mine took a few days to fully charge, but since then it's been fine and I'm still able to charge it up well.
heima
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
you can use it with an adaptor.me,too
vassbeaute
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the imput guys as i was going to ask the same question re. adaptor
Moussey

Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Hello, I'm still confused about the Clarisonic Universal charger, it is now available, but they don't ship outside the USA!I've tried getting one through e-bay but no luck. Before I purchase a brush is everyone agreed that an adaptor it will sort it out, I contacted Clarisonic and they said don't use one to alter the voltage as it would blow the system and would damage it permantly. Moussey :? :?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:16 am      Reply with quote
For what it's worth I bouth a clarisonic off ebay from the states and then got a step down transformer. It works just fine.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Well, after my last message, I 've bought a Clarisonic from e-bay and have bought a transformer, though not cheap!, and it works fine, so don't let the different volyage issue put you off buying the brush ( I love it!)

Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Where is the best place to get a USA-UK adaptor or step down transformer?

Thanks.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
machineman wrote:
Where is the best place to get a USA-UK adaptor or step down transformer?

Thanks.

Your best get is probably to get one locally - you'll need an adaptor from US to UK. But Clarisonic now does sell a universal charger:
http://www.clarisonic.com/shop/universal-charger.php

Quote:
Now use your Clarisonic wherever you are in the world
Works with international and domestic outlets
U.S. Standard plug; requires appropriate country adaptor
100-240 Volts AC; 50/60 Hz
Compatible with all Clarisonic Skin Care System models with handle code prefix 08 (manufactured after January 1, 2008). Contact Clarisonic Customer Service at 888-525-2747 for compatibility questions.

Addendum:

Ooops, just read people's comments above. So get an adaptor locally - a hardware or travel store should be able to help you with that. And just make sure that you charge the brush for however long it takes to show green with no blinking (probably will take longer than 24 hours because of the voltage conversion).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
my friends have used one with an adaptor in china.she is very happy with her brush:)

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |