Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
cosmetics line thats NOT made in china
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Courtney

Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Everything seemes to be made in China nowadays when it comes to cosmetics.. Post your favorite cosmeics linet hats not made in Asia.. just recently, I tried Lori Fabrizio Cosmetics. It’s a cosmetics line from Canada. The products are great! Especially if you like eye shadows, the shadows from the line are large and affordable. Not to mention the pigment is strong. Very true to what you see on the site. google fabrizio cosmetics or lori fabrizio, and the site should come up!
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Crikey I never knew that most of the cosmetics were made in China
Northerngirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Can you give examples of which cosmetic lines are made in China? I took a look at some of my cosmetics and I couldn't find one that was made in China.

Decleor - France
Babor - Germany
Boots #7 - France
Yonja - France
Dr. Hasuschka - Germany
Smashbox - USA
La Roche-Posay - France
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Gee, would anyone who has been paying attention to those lipstick-lead claims and/or food/toothpaste/toy recalls conscientiously use any cosmetics made in China? Nothing against China of course--they are figuring it all out (I hope). And then there was the glycerin scare? yiiikes!

I think only those cheap-o 100 eyeshadow gift boxes at Ulta are made in China. Most reputable labs that formulate and produce cosmetics are in Canada, the U.S. and France, as Northerngirl's research aptly dmeonstrates.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
annie313
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
did hear about six months ago that Smashbox was starting to make some of their products in China, bit I can't remember which ones or when they were to start.
pink_apple
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:19 am      Reply with quote
I don't go for very cheap makeup products that should eliminate the risk of mistakenly picking the China ones.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:39 am      Reply with quote
OK but even if they are not "made" in China, do we know where the ingredients came from?? So much outsourcing is going on, who knows what is in the products we use unless they are made locally?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Good point Fawnie.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
...not to be paranoid...or anti-China in any way...just shocked by it all! And very careful.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Pretty sure Juice Beauty is All California... I know there offices are here, and distributed from here.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Smashbox is made in China!
At least the blushes and some eye shadows I bought directly from the Smashbox website...so not some "sketchy store".

I think some Smashbox lip gloss, like the lip plumper might be made US.

Abbey st Clare is made from US and Canadian and European items.
You can email them to ask,it is a very small company.

Marcelle and Anabelle are some Canada only brands...(they used to make Caroline cheap makeup, that was surprizingly good!)

Dior?, but most dior I tried is..meh..have not rebought the same items.

Alba and Kiss My face have nice natural lip glosses.

Lise Watier is Canadian too, but I have not tried them yet.

Also,
lately Quo- the Shoppers Drugmart brand a lot of the palettes are made in China.

I've gotten some for free before and some of their mineral line is US made.
But their very expensive store brand is all China made.

I'm not antiChina,
did you know the majority of cheap tea is from China, then India, and some expensive from Japan.

Most cheap green tea is from China thesedays.
I tried to learn about this as I was always finding so much yucky tea at the grocery store.

India has some green tea,but do not like what I sampled. India is more knownfor black tea still.

Even China has some expensive teas and items,many are quite good.

Also, does it matter if the item is "made in Canada,US or Europebut of imported items"

I just learned a lot of apple juice is from china and blended here w Canadian stuff and sold as "product of Canada".
rhea
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Does not seem important, at least I think so.I love China!
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Rhea... I think many of us love China. It's a beautiful country full of beautiful people... and amazing culture.

However, it's reported regularly in our country by way of recall that certain ingredients that should NEVER make their way into products are somehow accidentally there. And hey, accidents happen in every corner of the world.

We have a HUGE recal going on right now over childrens Tylenol, motrin, and all cough and cold products. THIS IS HORRIFYING! And for the most a strictly US problem. This reflects on the practices of the company that could lose it's bootie! Not on our country. However, many of us look to our strict rules (which yes, often get ignored) to make sure when an accident happens it doesn't take a full year to figure it out....

And perhaps one country seems to blame when they do most of the manufacturing. But then perhaps the ability to cut the mfg cost to pennies on the dollar of profit should insinuate that corners are cut somewhere. And you've got to wonder where they are cut.

I suspect that trying to get things made as cheaply as possible. Using manufacturing processes that nearly abuse their employees, and then just some rather unscrupulous people (that's not considered a racial trait.)

One look at the toy issue in the last 2 years suggests that a person should be weary of anything coming from a foreign country that they might ingest or manage to get into their body...

Also, In today's economy. I think you'll find that people are becoming more interested in giving business to their own communities... I personally live in California, and if I can give my shopping dollars to a local company I do. That filters right back to my community... the schools that my children attend. Etc.

At the same time, I'm a savvy shopper. If someone locally is just trying to get the highest $$ 'cause they can, then I head to my nearest target and vote with my $$ there. And who doesn't search the internet for the best deal?

It's an interesting financial cycle. But I really don't think it's a love/hate choice. And certainly not of a people or their country.

We all live on the same planet... and I think many of us are globally minded. Which is why many of us won't shop from companies that utilizes manufacturing companies that knowingly abuse their employees. Some of us don't believe in hurting others in ANY fashion just to have a cool pair of shoes... not knowingly anyway.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:55 am      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:

We have a HUGE recal going on right now over childrens Tylenol, motrin, and all cough and cold products. THIS IS HORRIFYING! And for the most a strictly US problem.

I did not know this at all! Is this just for the children's products, Claudia?
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:08 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
ClaudiaFE wrote:

We have a HUGE recal going on right now over childrens Tylenol, motrin, and all cough and cold products. THIS IS HORRIFYING! And for the most a strictly US problem.

I did not know this at all! Is this just for the children's products, Claudia?

This might provide more info.

http://children.webmd.com/news/20100502/recall-of-kids-tylenol-motrin-zyrtec-benadryl

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:47 am      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:

This might provide more info.

http://children.webmd.com/news/20100502/recall-of-kids-tylenol-motrin-zyrtec-benadryl

Thank you, Kristy.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Here's is Tylenol's site...

http://www.tylenol.com/page2.jhtml?id=tylenol/news/subp_tylenol_recall_1.inc

Also, there is a refund section. So if you have bottles, pull them out, fill out that section, and I think you get a refund or coupons to repurchase...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
If you'd like to find out more about recalls here is a great site...

Then you realize how scary it is to go shopping...LOL!

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prerel.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
If you'd like to find out more about recalls here is a great site...

Then you realize how scary it is to go shopping...LOL!

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prerel.html

Thanks, Claudia. That is a great site.
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
yeah, I think a lot of "Made in China" is good quality and reliable, but there's that thing in the back of my head that goes "you never know...."

I was VERY surprised recently to see a Too Faced palette I bought was made in China!

Other brands that have products made in China:
-Quo
-Pop Beauty
-Elf (not a surprise)
-smashbox

That said, cosmetics from Japan, Korea and Taiwan are very good. I love lash treatments and mascara from Japan, and some of my eyeshadows are Korean (Etude brand).
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
I thought Smashbox and Too Faced are US brands?? Confused
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
I thought Smashbox and Too Faced are US brands?? Confused

Yup,
there are.
As far as I know Smashbox is owned by Max Factor.
And oddly enough I used to like max factor when I could find it (eyeshadows and nail polishes were actually nice ...nicer than Smashbox!)

And I think I remember that Max Factor was US made then,

I think some of the Smashbox lip items are US.
Mascara..no idea.

I was also looking for eyeliner pencils a while ago in different shades and many, even the cheap ones seem to be made in Germany or Italy (this is even for canadian brands, not smashbox stuff).

I buy some Physician Formula eye palettes (shimmer strips line) and on the back of them it says they are made in Italy!

I know I have someof their face powder- a bronzing beads thing and it might be US or Italy.

I know physician formula is kindof like a "cheap drugstore line' but in Canada the bronzing palettes go for around $22 plus tax so in Canada I do not consider it a "cheap line".
The packaging of shimmer strips is nice too, they are in nice clear kind of acrylic cases!

I tried the new smashbox shades at the store and find they are so chalky and colors didnot show up well (for turqoise anyways and browns).

If I did not have so much makeup I'd be getting the physician formula palettes on my visits to the US....they are super cheap there...

I also sometimes shop at beauty.com , and drugstore.com (instead of bringing soaps,shampoo to parents,lol)
and I noticed pretty much every item has the ingredients listed and country of origin!
So, that might bea good place to look!

I know they have Too Faced and smahbox on there.

Another US made brand is Abbey St Clare,
it is a very small company and I think run by 1 or 2 people.
I actually emailed the company yesterday for a product question (they have no phone # listed, just email) and a postal address.
And the lady who runs the company toldme ssince she is still quite small, she has to hand blend all the products.

I have not tried the skincare there (exept for essential oil serums- rosehip serum, carrot repair serum).
I thought those were nice- they seem very concentrated! (and looking at my sample on my desk it seems to be made w organic essential oils).

I mainly have Abbey St Clare mineral makeup and am quite plased with it, it blends very well (and has vitamin C).
Shipping to Canada kind of sucks as it was $20for a small order, but I ended up not paying tax or duty so Smile
arkette53

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:33 am      Reply with quote
The problem with cosmetics made in China is that there are no standards or health controls in the ones they make. Korea, Japan, and Taiwan have some of the most rigid government imposed health controls in the world.....therefore safe to use. I have read horror stories of people who have burned their faces using products from China----mostly in skin care products....but like lead in the paint used on toys that were made in China---substances can find the way into color makeup products as well.....better to be safe than sorry. Also, some eyeshadow I just bought from Smashbox, says made in China on the bottom.....
rayna
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I think most of them are NOT made in China. They are not clothes, bags, shoes ......
jangaming
5% products discount

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:29 am      Reply with quote
i only know Lush.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |