Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical - still a fave?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I had extra time on my hands yesterday and read through lots of threads on the IS Clinical line. There were tons of raves but most of these were in older threads. I also noticed IS Clinical was described by other members as being overrated. I'm just wondering if there are people out there that still love this line or if it was a fad that has come and gone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I still use my Proheal, Hydracool and Active. I am about to reorder my proheal & Hydra as it does last a long time. I think they are great, but I am sure there are probably other serums that are close, but I haven't found them!
Laughing

5% products discount

Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I haven't been using it for way too long ,but so far I like it. I use the facial wash, active serum and youth complex, and sunscreen. I use clarisonic before...which really helps the absorption of products. I have noticed a diff. in the clarity of my skin. Maybe some one will answer who has used it long term. I'd like to hear what they have to say also.
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
How is their eyecream? Question
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I should have added that it has been almost 3 years since I first started using it. I still love it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies. I'm glad you guys like IS Clinical, especially you Annie since you've been using it so long. I have ordered some samples to check it out for myself a little later. I was just curious to see if it still had as big of a fan base as it did a year or two ago or if people had moved on to something else. Thanks again. Smile

Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
I never quite liked their Active or the C serum much but I did like a sample of their poly-vitamin serum and have just started using a full size product a few days ago. So far so good, my skin is improving and I'm still a big fan of this. Will write a review in a few weeks time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:04 am      Reply with quote
The one product I did like in this line was Youth Complex which I thought was rather good. I saw that they have a new SPF25 sunscreen which seems to have some nice ingredients but I don't think EDS stocks this yet.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:49 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered and received my 2nd bottles of the cleansing gel. This is the best IS clinical items i liked.
havana8

Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:36 am      Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of the Poly-Vitamin Serum too...
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:13 am      Reply with quote
I have tried the Super Serum (love it), Poly-Vit (made my rosacea flare), sunscreen powder brush (too scratchy) and eyecream (just okay). Also the firming (too strong) and moisturizing complexes (okay) and the face wash (too drying but my son loves it). I am a huge fan of IS Clinical (can you tell) but it is a hit and miss when you have VERY!!! sensitive skin. Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I received my ISC samples and will be trying them out soon but have one question - am I supposed to wait 30 minutes between the Active Serum and Hydracool to give the Active Serum time to do its exfoliation? Or can I apply the Hydracool as soon as the Active Serum has absorbed? I read so much info about the line but this part escapes me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:28 am      Reply with quote
my proheal is sleeping in my drawer,i am about to use it on my neck Embarassed
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:02 am      Reply with quote
My experience w/ ISC is that it is indeed a very good brand, delivers good results, but there is NO WAY IN HE11 it is worth that kind of $$$ Shock You can find as effective or even more so for much less money IMO.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:41 am      Reply with quote
I think you are supposed to wait but I just never had the time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy,

I too have been using Is Clincal since the line first emerged. I want to know what changes you saw in your skin via using the Polyvitamin serum? I have used the Proheal serum for years, on and off. The reason why I stopped is that the proplen glycol was very clogging to my skin, if I did not use major exfoliating products my pores were clogged.

Thanks, I look forward to your reply,

Feliz
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the IS Clinical Poly Vitamin serum? I'm thinking of buying it but was wondering if anyone else has had experience using it. I don't see any reviews for it on this board. I'm also interested in anyone's opinion of IS Clinical's moisturizing complex and eye gel.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
I just got a bottle of the Polyvitamin serum today in the mail.

I just tried it on my skin and it did not make it flush, and soaks in very nicely! I am excited about this products, and will keep you posted on the results.
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I have been using IS Clinical products for two years and am still using them. I use Hydracool, active serum, and firming cream. I bought Youth Complex when it first came out and only used it for a few times. I developed patching skin from Youth. Lately I used YOuth complex again and found that I am ok with it now and it also reduces my crow's feet lines.

Rose
havana8

Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Feliz wrote:
I just got a bottle of the Polyvitamin serum today in the mail.

I just tried it on my skin and it did not make it flush, and soaks in very nicely! I am excited about this products, and will keep you posted on the results.

Although temporary, it definitely gave me a slightly burning and bright red flush from the beginning of the bottle to the end. Totally feel the product is worth its price tag though and would definitely repurchase as it helped my sensitive skin to be less so. Didn't much care for any of the other ISC products.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I never quite liked their Active or the C serum much but I did like a sample of their poly-vitamin serum and have just started using a full size product a few days ago. So far so good, my skin is improving and I'm still a big fan of this. Will write a review in a few weeks time.

Are you still happy with the results Mabsy?

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
I've been meaning to write up my experience with IS Clinical so this seems like a good opportunity. I got samples of most of the IS Clinical products from a spa that sells them. The standout products in my opinion are the polyvitamin serum and active serum, I alternately use both. These are both active products, but the active serum has a higher concentration of acids. The polyvitamin serum is moisturizing and contains vitamin B, the actives are lower down on the ingredients list. If I were only to choose one product it would be the polyvitamin serum. It makes my skin glow.

Here are the other products I tried and my impression:

Super Serum - I don't think I can accurately assess this because I already have a C product I love (Skinceuticals C E Ferulic) so I only tried this a couple of times. It penetrates the skin nicely and it's easy to layer other products over it.

Hydra Cool - I think this is best for oily skin. I found it made my normal to dry skin too shiney and I didn't like how it made my skin feel.

C Eye Gel - I like this but it's nothing to write home about. In comparison to Skinceuticals eye gel this is more moisturizing and I like it better than the Skinceuticals one.

Youth Complex - I wasn't impressed with this, I don't think it's worth the high price tag. It's not very moisturizing.

Eye Complex - This is a nice eye cream, but nothing special. It does absorb easily and penetrate the skin nicely. I enjoyed the sample.

Moisturizing Complex - As with the eye cream it is a nice moisturizer, but nothing special. It's light and the skin drinks it in, I would maybe purchase this.

Sunscreen - This was too heavy for me.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Now on my 4th bottle of Proheal and Hydracool. I had forgotten to reorder for awhile and quit using it, my skin wasn't looking it's best. I've been back on it for a week or so and remember! Wow, it really has cleared up my misc. breakouts, my skin looks back to glowing and more like it used to. I've paid half as much for other products but got even less than that in return, so for me it's worth it.
I am about to reorder the Active serum as I had been out of that for awhile. Brought out my samples last night cause my esthetician said I needed strong AHA's to help reduce my pore buildup and thickening skin in a couple of areas. She reminded me that when I was using it very regularly, my skin wasn't doing that so I am glad she pointed that out.

Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I tried samples of the active, super and hydracool last year. I loved the active serum, but the other two didn't do anything for me. I recently purchased a full-sized bottle of the active, along with samples of firming complex and the polyvitamin serum. I love the way my skin is feeling right now. I wish I didn't like it - I can't really afford this line. Exclamation
MissCay
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:21 am      Reply with quote
I wonder is any body has tried to store the SS/ vit c in cooler/refrigerator?
Embarassed
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |