Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: PSF Skincare (Warning long!!!)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Pinup_Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
OK, so I received the samples I ordered from PSF and a few full-sized products from EDS (which only took 5 days to reach FL from Canada...WOW!!!). I have used them a few times, so here's the scoop:

~ Papaya Cleansing Gel: smells yummy and cleans my skin very well without drying it out or causing subsequent oil breakthrough. Very little is needed. I like to put a dime sized amount into my hands and add a little water...it makes a lot of lovely soft foam!

~ Peach Facial Scrub: I love the smell of peaches and this one smells good enough to eat! At first I didn't think this would do much because there isn't a lot of grit to it and it's cream based, but when I rinsed it off...man was my skin squeaky clean and soft!

~ Microfiber Cleansing Cloth: this is a wonderful little accessory that "polishes" your skin (for lack of a better word) and removes masks quickly and thoroughly.

~ R&R Toning Mist: again smells wonderful and is very refreshing...I can see this being addicting!

~ Berry Beneficial Antioxidant: I love this product! Smells wonderful, absorbs quickly and leaves skin hydrated and soft.

~ HA Serum: this is a very nice product, but I prefer the BBA and using both would be overkill, so I've been using this on the back's of my hands, neck and chest.

~ MicroCrystal Resurfacing Cream: great product - really exfoliates the dead skin cells and leaves the skin super soft and ready for treaments.

~ Pumpkin Enzyme Peel: fantastic product! Smells amazing (of course) really exfoliates the skin and leaves it super smooth and glowing!!! I was a little pink when I took it off, but this disappeared shortly.

~ Acne Treatment Mud: just got done using this. They only give you a small amount in the jar, but it's so concentrated and very little is needed to cover the entire face. I left this on for 30 mins as the directions stated and when I removed it, WOW were my pores cleaned out and considerably smaller. You can also use this as an overnight, spot treatment for blemishes but I haven't tried this as of yet.

~ O2 Rescue Serum: I'm not exactly sure what this product is for and it smells a little like chlorine (like when you come out of the pool), but it did seem to calm my skin down quickly after using the MRC and PEP.

~ BHA 5% Solution: I applied this on my t-zone and experienced no dryness, so I'm assuming after regular usage it would really help to keep my pores cleaned out.

~ Perfecting Day Lotion: I ordered a sample of this by accident, as this is for normal to dry skin (I meant to get the Moisture Balancing Lotion since I have combination skin), so I thought this would be too rich for me but it sank in quite nicely and didn't cause any oiliness.

~ Cellular Night Cream: this smells really good as well. It is a richer cream that I applied overnight and awoke with soft, glowing skin and not greasiness like most rich creams. It contains some really great ingredients that even Revive's skin care line has (EGF's), so I would assume over time this would produce some great results as well.

~ Phyto-Lift Cranberry Eye Gel: another fav of mine. Very soothing and refreshing! It helps to de-puff the undereyes and does appear to "lift" the eye area, making you look more awake.

~ Super Hydrating Eye Treatment: this is a must have for those of you who like a richer eye cream! I was told this may be too much for me since I can have a tendency to get oily, but on the contrary. I tend to have a dry undereye area and this is a godsend. Use VERY little, as it is so very concentrated like all of PSF's products and my eye area stays hydrated.

Overall, I am very excited about this line. Most of the products are fairly reasonably priced and are very concentrated so very little is needed, which justifies the cost in the long run. They smell incredible, are all natural and at least in the short term (I just started using them), yield fantastic results.

I still have yet to try the Vitamin C Serum, 0.5% Retinol Nite Repair, 50 SPF Facial Suncreen Lotion and StimuColl-C Intensive Eye Serum. I will be purchasing samples of these as well except for the StimuColl-C as they do not offer samples of this, but I don't mind since it comes so highly recommended by the PSF staff and other PSF customers.

Most everything I have tried was in sample form, because obviously it would be wicked expensive to purchase everything full size at one time. The samples, however are very generous and should last quite a while (some more than others), so I can slowly purchase the full sizes and fill in with samples. If you purchase any samples from the PSF website, just be careful with the little plastic containers. Tap them gently to level out the products to ensure that when you open and close them, the product doesn't get squeezed out the back and wasted. Also, I recommend unscrewing the top of the sprayer samples and using a small amount on a round cotton pad instead of spraying them, as they will last longer.

REMEMBER...these are VERY concentrated products and very little is needed to achieve the desired results. I will review this line again after trying the other samples and again in a month or so to let you know how they work over time!

The above post is a review of the following products available at EDS:
PSF Pure Skin Formulations Papaya Cleansing Gel (8fl oz/237mL)
PSF Pure Skin Formulations Papaya Cleansing Gel (8fl oz/237mL)

Deeply cleanse and exfoliate with this invigorating gel cleanser. Papaya extract's gentle astringent properties cleanse away blackheads, and opens up clogged pores. Mild, fruit-sourced Triple Action Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) Complex exfoliates dead surface skin cells to reveal a clearer, healthier complexion. Natural shine-reducers helps to control oil throughout the day.

PSF Pure Skin Formulations Pumpkin Enzyme Peel in JAR (70.87 g / 2.5 oz)
PSF Pure Skin Formulations Pumpkin Enzyme Peel in JAR (70.87 g / 2.5 oz)

This delicious mask combines the exfoliating power of glycolic & salicylic acids with natural, active pumpkin enzymes (protease) to create an effective peel that is safe enough to do right in your home! Exfoliate dead skin cells to reveal smoother, younger looking skin.

Replaced by {{23048s}}

londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for this wonderful review.
I was not aware that you could order samples from their site. I hope they provide (cheap) international shipping.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Heya, just curious -- did you find the super rich eye cream to give you milia at all, or irritate/break out the skin around the eye area but not quite within it?

I ask because I have what sounds like similar skin to you, and I like richer eye creams but it's a fine line between rich and too rich! Thanks in advance for your input. Smile

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Pinup_Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ginnie,

I just started using it, so I'll let you know if I develop any milia in the future. It's a wonderful eye cream, but use it very sparingly or I could see it being too rich. I'd order the sample if I were you...it's only $2.50 and should last quite a while since so little is needed and it will give you plenty of time to see if you like it or not. HTH's!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm waiting for them to get their samples back in stock, as they were out last week -- but I figured the milia question is a good one to ask preemptively, since it's hard to undo once it's done. Thanks a lot for the feedback!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Pinup_Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome London! I'm not sure about international shipping, but I hope you get a chance to try it!

londonfan wrote:
Thank you for this wonderful review.
I was not aware that you could order samples from their site. I hope they provide (cheap) international shipping.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Do you remember how much your shipping charge was? They have lots of things I want to try (eventually, after I go through some of my current samples from other lines) and they have great prices on their samples. Was the shipping reasonable as well? I am a U.S. customer like you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mama,

Shipping charges are about average...I just wished they offered free shipping at certain levels of purchases. Here are the shipping costs from their website:

Order Subtotal Shipping Charge
$0.00 - $9.99 ~ $3.00
$10.00 - $49.99 ~ $6.00
$50.00 + Up ~ $8.00

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Pinup_Girl. I had looked for shipping rates the last time I was browsing samples at their site but somehow missed them. I think those are pretty reasonable. Thanks for the great review as well. PSF is one of the lines that has caught my attention since discovering EDS but I am trying to pace myself and only try one or two new things at a time. I'll look forward to your updates after using these products longer.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
You're so welcome Mama!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for this great review. Over the last few months I have slowly been trying different products of the PSF line and so far have loved every item I've tried. I've tried almost everything on your list, and was thinking of trying the Hydrating Eye Treatment for under my eyes. I think I will go ahead and order it now after reading your review. BTW, you will love the vit C serum.
Pinup_Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Diana,

Do you use PSF's Retinol at night as well as the Vit C serum in the day? I was curious how they worked when using both. Also, have your tried the StimuColl-C eye treatment?

Diana P wrote:
Thanks for this great review. Over the last few months I have slowly been trying different products of the PSF line and so far have loved every item I've tried. I've tried almost everything on your list, and was thinking of trying the Hydrating Eye Treatment for under my eyes. I think I will go ahead and order it now after reading your review. BTW, you will love the vit C serum.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Super Hydrating Eye Serum! I got a sample of it and Valmont eye cream. Thankfully (for my wallet!), I found the PSF to be much more hydrating and firming. I could actually "feel" it firming my undereye area. It also minimized my fine lines when I smiled.

I've tried both Valmont (a rich cream consistency) and Cellcosmet (more liquidy than creamy) as these are two very popular eye creams on EDS. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I thought these were nice but not nice enough to justify the second home mortgage Wink I'd have to say PSF Hydrating eye cream has been the best one (so far Cool )at hydrating and firming for me (no dark circle issues).

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Pinup_Girl wrote:
Hi Diana,

Do you use PSF's Retinol at night as well as the Vit C serum in the day? I was curious how they worked when using both. Also, have your tried the StimuColl-C eye treatment?

No I haven't tried the retinol because I am breastfeeding right now, but I may give it a try afterwards. I've never used a retinol product before though so it will be hard to compare. And I haven't tried the stimucoll-c eye treatment. I don't have any wrinkles yet, just puffy eyelids and I've found a product to help that already.
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your review.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Is the hydrating PSF a eye cream or eye serum?
autumnApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, all these positive reviews of the hydrating eye cream. It's on the top of my list to try once I finish the current eye cream I'm trying. Thanks Ladies, for the great reviews.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
I just posted this elsewhere, too:

ginnielizz wrote:
I was dying to try the PSF for ages, and my sample finally came recently. I hope this doesn't deter anyone else from at least ordering a sample and trying it for themselves, but I have to admit that I'm a bit disappointed!

The reason I was bummed is that I'd heard it was quite rich and emollient. I guess I've been used to using REALLY rich and emollient creams, so this stuff seems weaker in comparison. I'm bummed because the cream that set my very high standard is thicker and richer than this stuff, while still being just as absorbent.

But of course, TONS of people love it, and I'd probably love this cream if I hadn't already found one I loved more (that constantly goes moldy 1/4 of the way through the jar, hence my renewed search). What I DO love about the (full-size) PSF eye cream is that it comes in a pump bottle, so the contents stay more sterile, and I think it'd be less likely to go moldy or get contaminated. I always appreciate good design like that!

existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:42 am      Reply with quote
I ran out of my first order of PSF Phyto-Lift Cranberry Gel, which really does sink and improve the appearance of the eye area. I was happy to have a back up one. But nothing was coming out of the fancier new container, so I had to look inside and, yes, the stem is broken off at the top. I seem to recall that other people had complained about PSF's packaging. The other one lasted me a whole year, so now I have to open it up each time to get some of the gel? Anybody know if EDS accepts returns that are faulty?
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:53 am      Reply with quote
This reminds me I got a free gift of PSF eye cream from EDS, which had Vit C in it, I think. It was yellow/mustard colour and I couldnt use it as it stained my skin a horrible colour! I forgot to ever tell EDS that it was unuseable. It must have oxidised, I guess.
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:25 am      Reply with quote
Sounds great, and the price is reasonable
sahm
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Wow - lots of reviews - thanks!

Same here for the O2 serum - No idea what it does for my skin but it sure makes it feel good!

The pumpkin peel and cranberry eye gel were disappointing for me, didn't see any effects and the eye gel was not moisturising enough.

I'm tempted to try the hydrating one now!
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:48 am      Reply with quote
I used PSF skin care for a couple months, it worked well on me, but you gals know Wink wanna try new things, so I have just switched to JB 30-day kit, will definitely switch back to PSF if the kit turn out now working!
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Happycat wrote:
I used PSF skin care for a couple months, it worked well on me, but you gals know Wink wanna try new things, so I have just switched to JB 30-day kit, will definitely switch back to PSF if the kit turn out now working!

You can use both, you know! Laughing Seriously, I use PSF Papaya cleansing gel, Retinol everyday and pumpkin peel once a week. I also use JB AlphaDermaCE and skinprep on a daily basis, so these lines seem to mesh very well together. I don't see it as an either/or choice.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. You have to love a good quality product line that is affordable...I was very impressed by the range of products you ordered...wow..
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |