Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
washing sunblock off of kids
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Slopes

Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm wondering what y'all do at the end of the day when your family is done at the beach or pool, and they've had waterproof sunblock on the whole time. Since we use oil or MU remover to remove our daily sunscreen, I'm thinking is there a 'proper' way of removing sunblock off of your kids, especialy on the face. I don't want it clogging their pores or anything, you know.

Thanks.
Slopes

Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
bumpity bump

I'm sure someone has an answer...
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:12 am      Reply with quote
My understanding is that even waterproof sunscreen only lasts approximately 2 hours, most is either washed off or worn off eventually anyway. I guess it would also depend on which sunscreen you use - physical or chemical, since I think the physical blockers such as zinc or titanium dioxide are not absorbed - they should wipe off with most soap, water and cloth.

I have only ever showered my sunscreen off when applied to my arms, back and legs in the past and this is usually the last place where my pores get clogged.....

Sorry if not useful, but I tried.... Rolling Eyes
Slopes

Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Melissa.

I just wanted to make sure that an after-swim shower is adequate. I usually slap on them the waterproof type when they go swimming, which I usually reapply because they'd be out for about 2 hours. I know some of the ss does wash/wear off, but I didn't want to take risks! Embarassed
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:41 am      Reply with quote
What a great question! And beleive me it does need to be washed off because my 7 year old has blocked pores on his chin from daily sunblock use.

I now get him to wash using cetaphil. Gotta work out how to get rid of the blocked pores now Confused

rebecca
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:26 am      Reply with quote
You are a lucky duck to be at the pool in December or maybe you are just concerned about future suncare either way it should be always washed off even adults should do so
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have body skin that can be breakout-prone, so I'm usually pretty careful about washing sunblock off, especially the waterproof stuff. I don't love using super-drying body washes, but I'll use something stronger to get off really tacky stuff (sometimes I even use shampoo!) and just moisturize really well afterwards.

My very favorite thing for body exfoliation has always been those scrubby gloves that you can buy in the pseudo-spa section of the drugstore. Like these, only they make ones with a sort of waffle texture to them that makes for even better scrubbing.

I find that those gloves are WAY easier to use than loofahs, poofs, washcloths, etc. and they scrub better. Be careful using them on your face -- they're really too rough for that, and can break capillaries -- but they're fabulous for really getting grime and dead skin cells off of your body skin. And they can be washed and dried by machine, though they do lose some of their elasticity over time -- but it's really cheap to buy new ones.

Anyway, that's my strong recommendation -- even if you only keep these on hand for sunscreen times, they're super-useful for that purpose. hope this helps!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Slopes

Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your replies.

My kids are 5 and 7, and we are here in Malaysia under the hot sun any month of the year!

Cetaphil for the face and those gloves for their body sound a great idea, I'll get them for this weekend. Thanks again! Smile
sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:44 am      Reply with quote
You can also try generic shower oils (lots of brands make it, I use aveeno shower oil at the moment which contains oatmeal extracts, really good for the skin). Shower oils tend to melt off some sunscreen like cleansing oils

Then coupled with gloves/ towels when they take a shower, should come off in no time!
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Cetaphil is suitable.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |