Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Nasolabial lines - what to do?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
londonfan wrote:
Pearl cream, I have tried my sample this morning (from Ifeelpretty) but I found it a bit drying. Can you use another moisturizer after this?

Definitely you can. Yes, it is a bit drying. Do you have the new and improved formula? Kim said it's supposed to be more moisturizing but I haven't tried it. When I was using the sample, I had to mix BBS toner (or hydrosol) in it or it would not spread at all. Some people said you could put a bit of camellia oil (or whatever oil your skin likes) on your face first before applying the pearl cream, so it would spread more easily and won't be too drying.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Juliemarie wrote:
First of all - what is the name of that pearl cream!!!!!!!!!! Pray
I guess it also depends on age. You may have got to it early, being in your 30s. I am, ahem Embarassed , slightly older Sad

Hi Juliemarie,
I first noticed the NL lines when I was 35. The lines created rather deep grooves around my mouth. I was distraught and thought maybe my teeth were sticking out and needed braces, so the skin would not get a crease like it was. However, it's 4 years later, and I no longer have the deep grooves or the look of my cheecks hanging over these lines. On good days, the lines are barely noticeable, but they do come back from time to time if I use something they don't like, but those ugly deep grooves have not reappeared, so I'm happy for now. I'll continue to exercise, drink protein, take MSM etc, and use the pearl cream. It seems to work for me right now. I hope to not have to do the face lift any time soon. Very Happy
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Angelwings, I got my Bob's Red Mill Flax Meal from Vitacost. It's only $3 something. I love it. But I think Trader Joe's has it, too. If you order from vitacost, just throw in a bag of that in your cart since you'd already have to pay their flat rate shipping anyway.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:50 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Mpstat, thanks for the detailed explanation on FE. I do have a mirror but I agree it is hard to find the muscles. I hardly know if I was pulling muscles or skin, and all I know is my NL lines came back in full force after the cheeck exercises. I'll try again and be more focused. I only bought the tape, and not the program, so no access to the board....

Listed below are a couple facial muscles links that might be helpful

Interactive Facial Muscles Diagrams
Artnatomy – Anatomical basis of facial expression learning tool. Once the page opens click on Application link.
http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

Facial Muscles Diagrams
Facial Muscles post from FE board by Loli. It comes from not password protected part of the board:
http://flexeffect.proboards19.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1166383865

I use some of these diagrams for reference.
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi gals! Just wanted to say thanks for the great input on this topicjavascript:emoticon('Smile')
Smile
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Changes elsewhere in the face as you age also influence the appearance of the nasolabial folds. For example, once the crease develops in the NLF, as you lose tissue volume around the cheek bones and that area starts to sag, the NLF area is apt to crease and fold more. It's partly the result of the excess skin created by the tissue loss above the NFLs, and loss of skin elasticity, which normally exerts an upwards pull on the NLFs.

If you get fillers in the NLFs, find someone who is really skilled. He or she will know that starting at the top of the NLF and putting a bit more in that area will help address the crease all the way down.
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Angelwings, I got my Bob's Red Mill Flax Meal from Vitacost. It's only $3 something. I love it. But I think Trader Joe's has it, too. If you order from vitacost, just throw in a bag of that in your cart since you'd already have to pay their flat rate shipping anyway.

Thanks! I just discovered Vitacost and they have great prices!
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I love the results of Juvederm in naso-labial folds, tear troughs and marionette lines. I can't afford a face lift right now, but between Juvederm and Botox, I can look good until I have enough saved.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
did your juvederm last very long? My experience isn't long lasting.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
My plastic surgeon said in clinical studies juvederm last 9 days longer than restylane....big deal!I prefer the permanent filler artefill....I am through spending my $$$$ on fillers every couple months.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:18 am      Reply with quote
A coworker just got restylane filled around her NL lines. I will see how long it lasts her. My cheeks seem to get firmer above the NL line area, and I think it's the cardio exercise I do daily. I still think the pearl cream helps, too. I'm half way through Carrie's pearl cream. Once done, I will have to try to make my own. Yikes! Wish me luck. lol
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:09 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl - what is the cardio exercise you are doing? Thanks!
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:14 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
A coworker just got restylane filled around her NL lines. I will see how long it lasts her. My cheeks seem to get firmer above the NL line area, and I think it's the cardio exercise I do daily. I still think the pearl cream helps, too. I'm half way through Carrie's pearl cream. Once done, I will have to try to make my own. Yikes! Wish me luck. lol

I had Restylane injections around four years ago, and then I repeated it nine months later. My experience is not typical, but according to the PS who worked on me, it stimulated my own collagen and so the area has stayed "filled". My nasolabial folds previously were very deep and I had a pronounced wrinkle in the fold -- not only did the folds fill in, but the wrinkle completely disappeared as though it was never there.

Of course I would do it again in a heartbeat if I needed it, but the downside is that the injections hurt while they are being done, and I bruise easy and I did end up with bruises on my face that I had to cover with make up for a a week.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Cathy_jean, my experience is very similar. I did Juvaderm over a year and a half ago and haven't needed anything since. I was also told that it helps rejuvenate the collagen and forms around it to help it rebuild. My hubby also heard that on the Paul Harvey show. I also used it on two little lines on the ends of my mouth and they also are completely gone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:40 am      Reply with quote
I am going for the artefill and be done with it

The ability to retain the fillers is a very individual thing - obviously. I had restalyne and juvederm both and they may have lasted three months (tops). I've also had another filler - can't remember the name which lasted longer (and cost more) but I want something permanent. Just have to find the derm to do it.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:47 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
bkkgirl - what is the cardio exercise you are doing? Thanks!

Hi Mpstat,
At home, I use the treadmill to walk/jog/run for 45 minutes to 90 minutes depending on how much time I have. At the gym, I use their cross country or elliptical machine, but I find the cross country is easier on my knees. My treadmill is not too great for my knees either, but I bought some running shoes that help with cushioning the impact. I try not to run too fast, just keeping it to 5 mph. I notice the side benefit from doing cardio is that my facial skin seems to be firmer, I guess from all that blood circulating there. What about you? What cardio exercises do you do? I think I should look to change my routines as well so my body won't get used to them.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:54 am      Reply with quote
I need to admit that I do not exercise. I am fortunate to have good figure and being slim naturally, but do not do any fitness training which I should. I was looking into different programs on the market and found that Callanetics have very good feedback. The program has been around for a while and DVD features old fashioned dressed people. Their dress appearance on DVD does not matter since the program works. It is gentle to the joints, and should make muscles lean and slim. I got the DVDs and at some point will start exercising.

Here is a link to the program on amazon:
Callanetics 10 Years Younger in 10 Hours
http://www.amazon.com/Callanetics-Years-Younger-Hours-Amazon-com/dp/B00064K0RI/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1204915729&sr=8-1
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
I need to admit that I do not exercise. I am fortunate to have good figure and being slim naturally, but do not do any fitness training which I should. I was looking into different programs on the market and found that Callanetics have very good feedback. The program has been around for a while and DVD features old fashioned dressed people. Their dress appearance on DVD does not matter since the program works. It is gentle to the joints, and should make muscles lean and slim. I got the DVDs and at some point will start exercising.

http://www.amazon.com/Callanetics-Years-Younger-Hours-Amazon-com/dp/B00064K0RI/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1204915729&sr=8-1

She offers an excellent program and it's very effective. I use some of her stuff in my floor classes. FYI, it's her take on Lotte Berk.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Have you done Lotte Berk, Bluesheart? I finally got some of the Lotte Berk tapes just a few days ago!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Have you done Lotte Berk, Bluesheart? I finally got some of the Lotte Berk tapes just a few days ago!

Yes, I'll pm you rileygirl.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:

OMG, lucky girl! Very Happy I wish I don't have to exercise. I feel like a toad by the end of the day, but somehow at night, something magical happens that makes my stomach flat again. I bought a Callenatics tape about 15 years ago, and I tried to follow it, but it was (to me) really hard. I was not as athletic back then, so maybe I should attempt it again.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
mpstat wrote:
... I was looking into different programs on the market and found that Callanetics have very good feedback.

She offers an excellent program and it's very effective. I use some of her stuff in my floor classes. FYI, it's her take on Lotte Berk.

BluesHeart - can you please share in which ways the program helped you? What you find good about the program.

Thanks bkkgirl - Although I do not exercise, I feel that it is really important to have body muscles toned, so that 100 years from now we still look fit and beautiful Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:07 am      Reply with quote
What an interesting topic...........i am so glad i came over this page........really quite interesting stuff..........

regards

Kay
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
callanetics works - I used to do them after having my two babies and it was great stuff. I checked the site and I see there are a variety of available selections. Nice. What is good is you can do them in your own home on your own time. What is bad is you have to do them in your own home on your own time (MOTIVATION needed). Still, I do recommend these also.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
That is good that I can do it at home, I like it this way.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |