Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Nasolabial lines - what to do?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
mamawalnut wrote:
There was a product on HSN the other day from Serious Skin Care that supposedly had collagen in it that was broken down enough to be absorbed through the skin. They suggested applying it to the nasolabial lines to help fill in that area. It was a new item so there wasn't any feedback on it but it was part of a kit with several anti-aging items to try at a good price so I ordered it. If I find that it does any good (I'm not holding my breath though) I will let you know.

Soooooo.... I figure you must have been able to try the product for about 6 weeks by now... any results yet, one way or the other???!!! Question
cawl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:28 am      Reply with quote
I am so on the fence about getting those NL lines filled. Some days I wake up and want to do it asap others are not so bad. I guess my biggest concern about the fillers is the length of time and the money they cost, I mean if you are doing this once or twice a year this is alot of $$. Also, I'm 36 now and wonder if this might be to early to start, the lines are there but they are not yet folds, is it better to be preventative and fill the lines or wait as long as possible before getting on the filler train? Does anyone have any comments on this? Thanks!
Gwynnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
I did mine yesterday after my second IPL and they were incredibly deep. It took 2 full syringes for mine.

For filling in the nasal lines, I'm told that the sooner you start the better. Products like Restylane can encourage collegen production so that as you do your maintenance, it takes less and less. We estimate that it will take only 1 next time and then a smaller syringe after that. I still have them not but they are the little ones I had in my early 30s when my face was really skinny. One happy side effect was that when she filled the nasal lines, it had a lifting effect on my cheeks so that the space around the orbital area that looses fat so fast plumbed back up. So no needles there for me after all.

Not all the fillers are equal and some of the semi permanent ones aren't as creamy and need a real pro that knows your face behind the needle. I started with the easy stuff and frankly, just filling the lines and a little botox on the brow line are all I'll need. I'm leaving the lips alone to keep the effect as natural as possible.

My PS explained that one side was deeper then the other because I sleep on my face on that side. Something to think about, obviously I'll be changing that now.

ps. it didn't hurt anywhere as bad at I thought it would.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
That's great to hear you are so happy with your results. I did have a consult with a PS and she did try to steer me towards juvederm as opposed to radiesse which would be more semi-permanent, for the first time she really thought it was the best option because like you said Gwynnie you need an experienced injector. I also asked about the effect of restalyn building collagen, she said that these are clinical studies done by the companies, she did not think there was any proof to that claim since HA is a sugar molecule and therefore a protein like collagen couldn't bind to it, however, radiesse with whatever is in that could possibly have the effect of over time bind with your bodies collagen. I was pleasantly surprised that the price was much lower than I thought it would be and now am even more considering having it done, first going to try skinactives 'lets make collagen' serum!!
Gwynnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
I really want to see what this looks like once the swelling is done. Then we may try the semi permanents. She said to just have maintenance twice a year. It's the first time in that costs a bundle. Shock

You are also much younger then me so you will not need nearly so much - you lucky puppy Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
cawl wrote:
I also asked about the effect of restalyn building collagen, she said that these are clinical studies done by the companies, she did not think there was any proof to that claim since HA is a sugar molecule and therefore a protein like collagen couldn't bind to it, however, radiesse with whatever is in that could possibly have the effect of over time bind with your bodies collagen.

Your doctor might want to actually READ the studies, because this is definitely NOT how the increase in collagen production works.

Quote:

Plumping Up the Volume: Wrinkle Fillers Spur Collagen Production

Researchers believe the injections trigger new collagen growth by stretching fibroblasts (the cells that secrete collagen proteins), prompting them to crank out more collagen as well as by stimulating chemicals that prevent the breakdown of collagen. Wang says that in young, healthy skin, spindle-shaped fibroblasts stretch out and make loads of collagen, which form a strong web that supports the skin and keeps it firm. Alas, during natural and photo aging (caused by the sun's ultraviolet rays), collagen deteriorates and fibroblasts—which cling to it—crumple amid the loose and droopy strands.

According to Wang, researchers were searching for a way to stretch the fibroblasts again to see if that would prompt them to start pumping out healthy amounts of collagen. They thought Restylane might do the trick and when they examined the volunteers' skin samples, discovered that it had: The fibroblasts were taut and there was new collagen production.

Note: Wang says that the maker of Restylane donated the syringes used in the study but did not participate in, sponsor or know the results of the trial before they were published. He says that researchers cannot vouch for the effects of the other skin fillers on the market, because they use different recipes. Still, expect the news to heat up the already hot competition between rivals Restylane and Juv?derm, which Wang likened to the "war between Coke and Pepsi."

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=plumping-up-the-volume-wr&page=2

Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
BKKGIRL,

Why are you taking GABA. To my knowlage it slows down brain activity and is helpful for sleep. That is what I had used it for.
Have you used any products with hyalauronic acid(HA), on your skin or taken Rejuve or Hydroplenish with HA to moisturize?

Regarding pearl cream, I have seen it sold in
chinatown here in NYC. Does it have to be a particular brand. How does it get rid of deep lines in the face? Did it produce other good results. Did you use it in conjunction with other products or supplements to get your results?
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Nasolabial lines Yuck. Within the last six months mine were becoming increasing noticeable.

After much research, I thought about Artefill but for me I was concerned about the product being permanent and what happens when the rest of my face sags. Restylane is to temporary at 3-6 months.
So I decided to have Radiesse done by a top Dermatologist (intra-orally) and couldn't be happier with my decision. Radiesse typically lasts 12-18 months. My folds are plumped and I had great results.

For me it will be a wait and see with the Artefill since it is new on the market.

When the Radiesse wears off and there is more studies done on Artefill and the long term use, I might do this.

I am too lazy for all the exercises.
p.s. Elysee fans who are watching all my posts and taking notes, please make sure I am quoted correctly when you post on the Elysee forum or pm each other. Make sure you indicate I had "Radiesse" done and not some other filler as previously mentioned erroneously. Thanks
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="lucyluc"]Nasal lines are the result of slack skin. I had artefill injections that softened them,its also permanent so you dont have to go back every 6 mos. Also,I believe certain facial exercises can build up the muscles under the skin to plump up the folds,I am looking into the flexeffect exercise system.I dont think topicals can do a lot if the folds are deep.[/quote

I was thinking about getting artefill injections but read that after a few years little balls can form under the skin where it was injected. Do you know anything about this? That is the only thing has held me back from doing this. How do you like your results and if you don't mind me asking how much did it cost?

Thanks!
Peggotty
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to bump this old thread but after reading the various threads on NL folds, I noticed that this thread mentioned pearl cream being used for these lines. Which pearl cream brand is being used? What are the ingredients?
Sono
5% products discount

Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:22 am      Reply with quote
can you please tell me a little more about the artefill injections?

lucyluc wrote:
Nasal lines are the result of slack skin. I had artefill injections that softened them,its also permanent so you dont have to go back every 6 mos. Also,I believe certain facial exercises can build up the muscles under the skin to plump up the folds,I am looking into the flexeffect exercise system.I dont think topicals can do a lot if the folds are deep.
Peggotty
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:51 am      Reply with quote
So I was reading a bit more on this thread and a few of you use a hand-made pearl cream, it seems? is it good for NL lines? What ingedient for the pearl cream would target these lines?
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
There are allot of new devices on the market that will help with these folds... for me it has been the Tripollar STOP. Smile
Miffny
5% products discount

Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to bump this old thread but after reading the various threads on NL folds I have some news not good about my NL folds the nurse injector & plastic surgeon told me now after I had a reaction to juvederms voluma as in hard lumps migration & severe swelling all 2 weeks After I had the vial , so now 8 months on my NL folds are back worse than ever.
I was fine with juvederm ultra plus but they thought the voluma would last longer now as I said I can't have any dermal fillers again.

I am so upset they really age my face terribly, I use CP's & Retinol I don't know what else to try I also have been using FE for 5plus years which works so well but not on the NL's.
golaviv

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Miffny, you may want to look into LaViv. Laviv is made from your own cells that produce your own collagen and hyaluronic acid and is FDA approved for treating nasolabial folds.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |