Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How do you use your Retin A?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
toblerone
5% products discount

Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I have Differin gel, tazorac gel as well as retisol A and am having trouble with flaking. I flake so much that I end up giving up and not using because the flaking is such a pain in the a**!
I think that the differin gel is the least flaky, but it's still pretty flaky.

Do you have any tips on how to avoid the flakies or to at least minimize them?

thanks!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:58 am      Reply with quote
I use Retin-A rather than Differin, but I'm prone to flakiness as well. I almost never apply undiluted Retin-A -- I combine it with a rich night cream or a bit of facial oil. I also use a microfiber cloth to gently scrub off flakies when I wash. This combo works pretty well for me, and I only do deeper exfoliation once every week or two.

I still sometimes have trouble with flakiness on my cheeks, but that comes and goes. And even my cheeks are prone to blocked pores and acne, so I consider it worth the trouble to apply my Retin-A over my cheeks and suffer flakies as a tradeoff for reduced acne!

Another thing you could try is a lower percentage of the Differin, perhaps. I'm not sure what concentrations they offer for that, but your derm may be able to help adjust that. Good luck!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
emilyruth
5% products discount

Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I love my Clarisonic brush for eliminating the peelies after Retin-A. Used with the gentle head, it really leaves my face soft and not irritated. I think I'd be having more trouble with flaking and peeling if it weren't for the clarisonic.
bamboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Remember to use a tiny amount each time!! Less is definitely more in terms of V-A products Smile
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
is Differin a Prescription product?
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
I heard people use Differin to remove acne from face. It is very irritable to skin
marnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Over on MUA they're raving about glycerin mixed with water, and I've only been trying it for a week, but it has really helped with the flakies that I get from Tazorac.
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
retion A can't mix with retion A , I think.
pink_apple
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:56 am      Reply with quote
hahaqj wrote:
I heard people use Differin to remove acne from face. It is very irritable to skin

A pharmacist told me that some people use retino A to remove acne scar... I'll give it a try.
Sadrina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Clarisonic (or at very least a microfiber cleansing cloth) help gets rid of flakies.

When I am really really flaky I make sure and moisturize really well and then use a makeup primer before applying makeup.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
To get rid of flakies: NCNProSkincare microfiber cloth gently used with jojoba oil on moist face. GENTLY is the operative word or you will end up with a very smooth RED face!!
To prevent flakies: Retin-A Micro. Well worth the exta $$$ - no peelies! ADC unfortunately doesn't carry it, but CanadaDrugSuperstore does - and requires an Rx for it... Crying or Very sad

Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:55 am      Reply with quote
I have used Retin A everyday for almost 6 months,till I feel stabbing pain with toner, now I use it twice a week.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have found that if I use the Retin-A everyday I flake like crazy. I have cut back to every 3rd night and the flakes are manageable.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:21 am      Reply with quote
I have just started to use retin A and am a bit flaky. Does anyone know how long you flake for? is it just the first few weeks? I'm not to keen on the way it makes my make-up look!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
I use Renova.05%. I use it every other night, during the winter, when my skin is a bit drier, and every night, during the summer, when my skin is more combination. I apply the Renova all over my face and that includes around my eyes completely and even under my brow. Not on my eyelids. I also apply Renova on my neck.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |