Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Body Lotion/Cream/Butter with the longest-lasting fragrance?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:46 am      Reply with quote
Of all the ones I've tried :

Kai Body lotion
Aveeno Creamy Moisturizing Oil
L'Occitane Ultra Rich cream

Any others? I love very lasting (initially very strong) scents that last for hours. Was initially thinking of trying Lush Dream Cream until I read the MUA reviews and apparently the scent fades fast.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I always still noticed the scent of Ecco Bella Vanilla body lotion later on in the day. I mostly use oils now instead of lotions, but if I re-purchased a lotion, it would definitely be that one.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Philosophy's Falling in Love lotion lasts many hours on me... actually, I put some clothes in the washer today from a couple of days ago and it still smells...

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
has anyone tried the estee lauder private collection tuberose gardenia body creme?? i LOVE the scent so i think im going to make the splurge and buy it but i was wondering abt the staying power of the scent...
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a bunch of The Body Shop almond body butter at $8 each, since they're discontinuing it and am quite impressed at how long the scent lasts. It is even very noticeable the next night on pyjamas that I've put on after the butter.
Hannah-Louise
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I like the body shop body butters, they smell delicious. I was at work the other day and I kept smelling this delicious strawberry scent, I spent 2 hours wondering what it was when this little girl came up to me and told me all about her new strawberry body butter! You could smell it throughout the entire gymnasium and its a huge gym! It was a brilliant training session, the smell had me on a high all evening Very Happy Also the body shops body butters are not too expensive. I went out and bought one for myself the weekend after Very Happy Ha ha even children are influencing me to buy things at the moment! I've decided to cut back on products. argh Sad
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
I agree that the Body Shop's body butter are very strongly scented, but in the morning its not as noticeable, so it lasts about 8hrs. But it is way too rich for me that it just doesnt absorb straight into my skin, just leaves a greasy film, but skin is very soft the next day.
I also find that Burts Bee's body lotion (the honey and milk one) has a long lasting scent. Initially, I really loved it, honey-y sweet, but soon it was too sickening!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
Burts Bees Baby Bee Buttermilk Lotion
Alba Botanica Cocoa Butter Hand & Body Lotion

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:35 am      Reply with quote
Bella Lucce's peruvian chocolate bliss body lotion. i smell like a dessert and everytime i used to apply it at work, everyone would flock into my office!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:18 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
I always still noticed the scent of Ecco Bella Vanilla body lotion later on in the day. I mostly use oils now instead of lotions, but if I re-purchased a lotion, it would definitely be that one.

I just ordered a bottle of this based on your recommendation and also the positive reviews on MUA Smile
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Mmm, you'll smell like delicious cupcakes, just like me! I totally want to try Kristen's Peruvian chocolate stuff too. I don't know why I'm so very into food-scented products, but I LOVE chocolate, vanilla, coffee, and coconut. And lemon, though that's kind of a different food direction. Very Happy

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:12 am      Reply with quote
I have the Boots Body Butter in the scent almond, pistachio, and milk (this is just one scent, not three different ones) and I love it. It is creamy and the scent is refreshing, different from the norm. I don't find it extremely strong but it does last for a long time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:06 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
Mmm, you'll smell like delicious cupcakes, just like me! I totally want to try Kristen's Peruvian chocolate stuff too. I don't know why I'm so very into food-scented products, but I LOVE chocolate, vanilla, coffee, and coconut. And lemon, though that's kind of a different food direction. Very Happy

Sounds like The Body Bakery is right up your alley - I was so overwhelmed by the choices for fragrances that I gave up on that Smile
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:

That is so funny that you say that because i just made a handcream yesterday that includes cocoa butter and lime EO (huge citrus lover). It's divine, this cocoa lime scent Smile

while i do like the bella lucce's peruvian chocolate lotion, i hate the packaging! it comes in a flip top squeeze bottle and the cream is thick, not as thick as a body butter, but getting it out of the bottle is a pain. i don't know if i would re-order based on that fact alone, but i do love the company's philosophy, being cruelty free, mostly natural, etc.

Kris

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
L'Occine! It smells good definitely!
By the way, I was given a pack of Aveeno non-fragrance lotion as a gift & I mixed that with rose and lavender essential oil. The small is great, too.
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
There are some etailer shops that sell perfumed lotions, and they can be ridiculously concentrated.

I really liked the strong version of mmucosmetics.com, cleanseyoursoul.com and tickledpinkscentations.com.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
By far (in my experience) TONE body lotion has the longest lasting fragrance. That's not to say that I love it...it just lingers for a long long time. It comes in 2 scents and they are quite pleasant and yummy, but like everything I get sick of them half way through the bottle.
Also, products with such a long lasting and strong scent do have a downside. I think you have to really commit to it, because you can't put on perfume after or they will clash
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Aveno Stress Reducing Lotion. It's a subtle calming scent that lasts all day and makes your skin supple and smooth.
SusanSkin
5% products discount

Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Of the ones I've tried:
Laura Mercier Creme' Brulee
Fresh's Peach & Milk Lotion
Jean Paul Peubert's Rose Tonic
Bliss' Bergamont Vanilla
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
I like a lot of the different Bath and Body body butters and a few of the ones from Crabtree and Evelyn. They have different scents and are nice and rich, but not greasy.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |